Notices

Search and Spellcheck...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003 | 08:58 AM
John D.
Banned

Default Search and Spellcheck...

Hi Folks,

Condensed version After last night and a full OS upgrade - I'm working fixing the SEARCH, Spellcheck and Photo -upload. We should be back soon with all the fixes! (, hopefully - later this evening for the full search).

Full version Yesterday afternoon - one of the network cards in this server (there are bunches of servers, but only the Forum server was effected) went "belly up", - and I couldn't get one of the new replacements to "bind". So - rather then fight an old version of Linux - hell - I just reinstalled the whole damn thing from the ground up with another current version (uses the latest and greatest - which is a PIA to set up/configure). Sorry for the interuption - but we were live at 5AM my time - and then at 6:30 - had to take it down - and rebuild this Forum database.

Looks like we are back - however, I will have to take it down a little later to move some more files across - but it should be only a short "intermission"...

In the meantime - please know - I am aware that the "photo upload" and the "Spell Check" do not work - and the SEARCH is limited. The Photo upload, I hope to write a new PHP script which will allow folks to upload more then one file at a time. The Spelling Checker - heck - I dunno - I have to install PSPELL and config the Apache server with the mod_speling.so module, and that may take some time...

Anyway - sorry for the interuption through last evening and through the night.

Thanks for your patience!

- John
Old 10-30-2003 | 10:33 PM
jamiejim
Racer

Any idea why the time is wrong? It shows 2:30 PM EST, and I think it is only 10:30

Quick Reply: Search and Spellcheck...