Sponsored by:

GTS's for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 12:47 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,016 Likes on 723 Posts
Default GTS's for sale

Just ticked past 45K miles on my car which is as long as I ever kept any of my 997's. Always traded before reaching 50K so did a search on Porsche USA pre-owned. All of ONE 997 GTS coupe available across the entire USA and that may be one more than is actually for sale since it's brown and I seem to recall a thread started by someone who bought that one.

No interest in the 991 GTS version but checked for grins and there are 10 pre-owned coupes listed for sale. Not sure what if anything can be concluded from this. Could be as simple as higher production numbers of 991 GTS's vs. 997 GTS's.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:03 AM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

There are 22 on AT right now, mosty Verts. No special colors either. 2011-12's.
A teeny tiny part of me still wishes i got the gts over the s, but i'm SUPER happy with my car, absofrickinlutely love it, so i got that goin for me lol.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:48 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, there are only like what, two thousand or so RWD 997 GTS Coupes. (I always forget if that's worldwide, or in the US.)

There must be at least three times that many 991 GTSes? It was cooler, IMO, when the Carrera GTS was its own thing. Before it, there was only the also very limited Cayenne GTS. They were essentially stand-alone "special" models.

Now "GTS" is just another trim level, across all lines. The 991 GTS guys talk all day long about how their cars will be seen as being special, being the last NA GTS cars, but IMHO, it's the 997 GTS coupes that will be the most sought after, water cooled NA non-GT cars from this era.

So, you're going to keep it for a while? Hope so.
The following users liked this post:
MissileFlyer (04-05-2021)
Old 06-17-2016, 02:40 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ten Years
Well, there are only like what, two thousand or so RWD 997 GTS Coupes. (I always forget if that's worldwide, or in the US.)

There must be at least three times that many 991 GTSes? It was cooler, IMO, when the Carrera GTS was its own thing. Before it, there was only the also very limited Cayenne GTS. They were essentially stand-alone "special" models.

Now "GTS" is just another trim level, across all lines. The 991 GTS guys talk all day long about how their cars will be seen as being special, being the last NA GTS cars, but IMHO, it's the 997 GTS coupes that will be the most sought after, water cooled NA non-GT cars from this era.

So, you're going to keep it for a while? Hope so.
Pretty sure I will unless I come across a low mile 2012 twin which seems unlikely. Really like the RWD 997 GTS package and with some personal touches, I have this one set up just the way I want it.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:03 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mikes70
There are 22 on AT right now, mosty Verts. No special colors either. 2011-12's.
A teeny tiny part of me still wishes i got the gts over the s, but i'm SUPER happy with my car, absofrickinlutely love it, so i got that goin for me lol.
Thx. Didn't get to AT yet but sounds similar to the Porsche search. RWD GTS coupes are scarce. Be happy with what you have. Looks very sharp. Performance wise, the difference between an S and a GTS is not exactly drastic so I think the novelty of the RWD GTS being the only wide body 997 with RWD except for the GT3RS may be the biggest draw along with low production numbers.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:14 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Pretty sure I will unless I come across a low mile 2012 twin which seems unlikely. Really like the RWD 997 GTS package and with some personal touches, I have this one set up just the way I want it.
That's exactly how I feel about mine. I could never see myself without it, at this point.

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Thx. Didn't get to AT yet but sounds similar to the Porsche search. RWD GTS coupes are scarce. Be happy with what you have. Looks very sharp. Performance wise, the difference between an S and a GTS is not exactly drastic so I think the novelty of the RWD GTS being the only wide body 997 with RWD except for the GT3RS may be the biggest draw along with low production numbers.
True, those are emotive and compelling characteristics, but the two cars do drive more differently than you'd think. I had both for a while. The wider rear track (along with the wider tires) really does make the car feel more planted. The NB car "danced" more through sweepers, while the WB car "carves" more. Both are incredibly capable cars, and well beyond my skill level.

Last edited by Ten Years; 06-17-2016 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:32 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 158 Posts

Probably didn't see any on the Pcar site because that's dealer only and this being a 5-6 year old car they are all well on the second or third owner. So private or non-pcar dealer is where we'll continue seeing them until they hit collector status in a couple decades. Yes decades.

That's evidenced by the 20+ GTSs on AT right now. Lots of verts interestingly. I thought those would be gone given its summer drop top weather across the US. Still early I guess.
For the record, I'm keeping mine and will likely add another pcar to the stable in a couple years.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

spent the last few months in the GTS coupe market and manual gearbox cars are few and far. i can't see those cars dropping much further in value- maybe even on the way up. if we don't see those 2011-12 cars trading hands now, then we won't see them trading in large quantities ever. i think at this point the ongoing selection of available cars will stay small. you really could argue that the GTS is the best street 997 and the 997 is the most interesting modern 911. the 997 GTS sits in a nice place. strong value from here on out. now that i've bought one of course.
maekwl (11-22-2021)
Old 06-17-2016, 03:27 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I was planning on waiting until my 35th birthday (end of october) to get a GTS. After having watched the market for a full year I started to shop seriously last October. I shopped seriously and pulled the trigger in March. I went ahead and started to make preparations to buy because I could see the market dwindling. Fewer and fewer cars with the right specs/colors. Glad I did, as there just are not any left at this point that I would replace my car with.

I'll agree.. I think prices on these cars are going to remain static. Perhaps some climbing in the next 5 years even. Just because of how few there are for sale at all.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:45 PM
navarrojiii
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a pretty special 997 GTS. It's a 6-speed RWD with black on full red interior with deviated stitching, 32k miles. I think I'll sell it next year if somehow I can get an allocation for a 991.2 GT3 6-speed. Hopefully it'll still be worth close to $65k or $70k when the time comes. Fingers crossed.
Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2016, 04:04 PM
cpt_slow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
i have a GTS-4
Cabrio
Manual
CPO
high msrp for a 2012, 130k, as close to a perfect car as possible

put in the classifieds here on Rennlist with a price in line with the others for sale on AT and cars.com

not one single inquiry, nada

not sure what value that adds to this discussion but it shows you no one on here is looking for that configuration, and i thought it was rare to be honest

looks like im keeping it, i would have traded up to a different cabrio but no dice so far

I would love to buy your car but being in Canada the price of the dollar really kills everything right now. That being said over the past couple months the only GTS's what we have for sale up here have jumped $10-20k, and we don't even have any cabs on autotrader.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:55 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
i have a GTS-4
Cabrio
Manual
CPO
high msrp for a 2012, 130k, as close to a perfect car as possible

put in the classifieds here on Rennlist with a price in line with the others for sale on AT and cars.com

not one single inquiry, nada

not sure what value that adds to this discussion but it shows you no one on here is looking for that configuration, and i thought it was rare to be honest

looks like im keeping it, i would have traded up to a different cabrio but no dice so far
Can only speak for myself but the 4 GTS has less appeal to me than the RWD version since it's basically a C4S with X51 kit and a few other bits and pieces.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:25 PM
RES22
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure that I'd get out of yours to get into is, but, a data point: http://www.intersportperformance.com...5/Details.aspx
Old 06-19-2016, 01:26 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Were any GTS's available with a rear wiper? Yes I'm on an island...I prefer the wiper.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:59 AM
love2drive
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Bet you'll fetch more than $70k if in real good condition. I've driven various 991s, including a 991 911S with pdk and manual... no contest in terms of driving enjoyment. The 997 GTS is just connects you to the machine and road more intimately. And...I'll say it as if you haven't heard it for the umpteen time... the 997 manual trumps any pdk in terms of driving enjoyment and the 997 6spd manual is VASTLY more enjoyable to the 991 7spd
manual. Just saying, the 997 GTS is special.

Here's how I know..had a couple loaners for the past 4 days..

Originally Posted by navarrojiii
I have a pretty special 997 GTS. It's a 6-speed RWD with black on full red interior with deviated stitching, 32k miles. I think I'll sell it next year if somehow I can get an allocation for a 991.2 GT3 6-speed. Hopefully it'll still be worth close to $65k or $70k when the time comes. Fingers crossed.

2016 991 911S pdk no pse loaner

2016 991 911 manual black edition loaner

My 2012 997 911 GTS manual

Last edited by love2drive; 06-19-2016 at 02:20 AM.
MissileFlyer (04-05-2021)

Quick Reply: GTS's for sale