Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Pricing on 992 TTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2024 | 11:48 PM
nv6425
Intermediate

Default Pricing on 992 TTS

Hello Fellow 992 TTS Lovers! It looks like the market has stabilized in the P-car market and I'm seeing new inventory for TTS cars. Is anyone seeing deals at MSRP or dare I say, under MSRP?

There is a 2024 that I have my eye on but the dealer told me they are asking $30K over and I quickly tried to end the call, he asked what I was willing to pay, I told him 10% under MSRP, he is going to talk to his GSM and call me back.

Curious for your thoughts!
Old Yesterday | 03:15 AM
geekflyer
5th Gear

I went to see a 992.2 Carrera inventory car today - MSRP ~152k. Test drove it and it was pretty good. Buut, they also showed me a 992.1 Turbo S new inventory car, in my preferred standard color (Gentian Blue) and with Cognac Heritage Interior, which looks phenomenal. Overall liking the spec of Turbo S they have in stock a lot more - MSRP ~270k. They're selling it at MSRP. I'm wondering if I can dare to ask for a discount?
I never purchased a Porsche and a few months ago it sounded like getting a new Turbo S at MSRP was virtually impossible or would take a super long time (esp as new buyer) so I'm seriously considering to pull the trigger, even though this car is technically above what I initially budgeted (up to 200k). Originally I planned to get a new BMW M3 for ~100k, but couldn't find a perfectly specced one in months and they made a few changes in the '25 model that I don't like (my fav color not available anymore and the new headlights are ugly).

Thoughts/advice? Should I splurge into the Turbo S?
Old Yesterday | 08:05 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

As the current model cycle ends I’d expect you to be able to find an MSRP car. The best deal I’d assume you’d get is MSRP + PPF/Ceramic etc. I’m doubtful you’d get a deal at a discount.

I was able to get my TTS at MSRP + $6K (PPF/Ceramic/2 Year warranty and a few other things).

If you find a TTS, without wait, at MSRP, I wouldn’t hesitate for too long.
Old Yesterday | 08:18 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nv6425
Hello Fellow 992 TTS Lovers! It looks like the market has stabilized in the P-car market and I'm seeing new inventory for TTS cars. Is anyone seeing deals at MSRP or dare I say, under MSRP?

There is a 2024 that I have my eye on but the dealer told me they are asking $30K over and I quickly tried to end the call, he asked what I was willing to pay, I told him 10% under MSRP, he is going to talk to his GSM and call me back.

Curious for your thoughts!
- just my opinion, but around here (NY/NJ/CT area) someone else would probably pay the dealer asking price - and it would be a long wait for the return phone call unless they are a shop focused on customer service & actually care about your purchase
Old Yesterday | 08:30 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RD16RR
- just my opinion, but around here (NY/NJ/CT area) someone else would probably pay the dealer asking price - and it would be a long wait for the return phone call unless they are a shop focused on customer service & actually care about your purchase
Same around here.
They’ll probably come back at MSRP + Accessorials.
Old Yesterday | 08:30 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Yes, if you find a car for MSRP or 1 1/2% below it or something like that (that's the deal I got 3 years ago for my 2022), heck, just get it. For many of us the car was above our budget, but we did it anyway. 95% of us will probably die with hundreds of 1000's of dollars in the bank... spend it now, on this car, and you'll be so glad you did. They are super cool and could literally last until you die, if you're a guy like me in his early 60's. I treasure every piece of my car, even... the key. The 992 Turbo S is art and a car.

The following users liked this post:
harrish1985 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 09:00 AM
geekflyer
5th Gear

Did a bit more digging what a custom build to my liking would really cost and it came up with this 992.2 GTS build at $192k: https://porsche-code.com/PS9CDC32 .
Yes I would have to wait presumably a year or so, but I think I like this build equally (maybe a tad more, esp the new matrix headlights) to the 992.1 Turbo S my dealer has in inventory at $268k.
Besides the bragging factor, I kinda doubt I would like the driving experience in the 991.2 Turbo S thaaat much more than the 992.2 GTS - on California roads that is.
So basically is the question is: Wait 1 year to get the 992.2 GTS custom build, which "saves" $76k+9% tax - or splurge *now* on the Turbo S...

This is the build I had in mind for the 992.2 GTS just fyi https://porsche-code.com/PS9CDC32 . Would also consider adding European delivery since I'm actually from there and could visit a few friends and family members.

Last edited by geekflyer; Yesterday at 09:13 AM.
Old Yesterday | 09:03 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by geekflyer
Did a bit more digging what a custom build to my liking would really cost and it came up with this 992.2 GTS build at $192k: https://porsche-code.com/PS9CDC32 .
Yes I would have to wait presumably a year or so, but I think I like this build equally (in different ways) to the 992.1 Turbo S my dealer has in inventory at $268k.
Besides the bragging factor, I kinda doubt I would like the driving experience in the 991.2 Turbo S thaaat much more than the 992.2 GTS - on California roads that is.
So basically is the question is: Wait 1 year to get the 992.2 GTS custom build, which "saves" $76k+9% tax - or splurge *now* on the Turbo S...

This is the build I had in mind for the 992.2 GTS just fyi https://porsche-code.com/PS9CDC32 . Would also consider adding European delivery since I'm actually from there and could visit a few friends and family members.
You don’t understand what a TTS really is.
Old Yesterday | 09:10 AM
geekflyer
5th Gear

Well, I've never driven one to be fair. To be clear: I would most likely daily drive whichever 911 I get, so I would put a non-trivial amount of mileage on in (not that great for deprecation I guess) and I would drive it spirited, but probably not track it much if ever. Does a 992.1 Turbo S really feel thaaat much different under those conditions to a 992.2 GTS? I'm not doubting that on the track they will perform very different.

Last edited by geekflyer; Yesterday at 09:12 AM.
Old Yesterday | 09:26 AM
WhySock
Rennlist Member

Yes I would have to wait presumably a year or so, but I think I like this build equally (maybe a tad more, esp the new matrix headlights) to the 992.1 Turbo S my dealer has in inventory at $268k.

Not sure what your long term car purchasing strategy looks like, but starting with a purchase now of an inventory car begins relationship builiding with that dealer. That helps get allocations you want in the future. Then order your GTS and enjoy the TTS for a year while waiting for the GTS. Trade the TTS in on the GTS when it arrives. No one can forecast the market a year from now and 10K miles on it, but if it's a good spec TTS you should do OK on trade in. Why deprive yourself of the enjoyment of a Porsche for a year? If you can swing the extra $70K over your budget without sacrificing other things then I'd say do it. Of course, it's easy to spend other people's money...
Old Yesterday | 09:47 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Well, I've never driven one to be fair. To be clear: I would most likely daily drive whichever 911 I get, so I would put a non-trivial amount of mileage on in (not that great for deprecation I guess) and I would drive it spirited, but probably not track it much if ever. Does a 992.1 Turbo S really feel thaaat much different under those conditions to a 992.2 GTS? I'm not doubting that on the track they will perform very different.
It’s a beast. The GTS is a great car as well. But a TTS is not called the King of the Road lightly. It’s brutal power when desired while composed and tamed when needed.

I also daily my TTS. If you are worried about depreciation due to mileage, hybrid vehicles do not tend to depreciate well. Especially a year 1 model like the GTS.
Old Yesterday | 10:10 AM
geekflyer
5th Gear

Originally Posted by CM991
Hybrid vehicles do not tend to depreciate well. Especially a year 1 model like the GTS.
Do you think that'd be true for the 992.2 GTS though?
I think the high deprecation of EVs and Hybrids is mostly based off "economy" focused / range limited cars and their evolving tech.

With the 992.2 GTS the hybrid system is primarily to improve the performance in my understanding and I don't think there are a ton of data points (in terms of deprecation curve) when it comes to vehicles that use a hybrid system in that way, no?
Old Yesterday | 10:10 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

2021 - 38,000 street only miles (would be into 40's but took a break for a few months) - 3rd set of tires - what is depreciation ?
The following 3 users liked this post by RD16RR:
Angryinch (Yesterday), geekflyer (Yesterday), sullic (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 10:32 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Do you think that'd be true for the 992.2 GTS though?
I think the high deprecation of EVs and Hybrids is mostly based off "economy" focused / range limited cars and their evolving tech.

With the 992.2 GTS the hybrid system is primarily to improve the performance in my understanding and I don't think there are a ton of data points (in terms of deprecation curve) when it comes to vehicles that use a hybrid system in that way, no?
In 3 years a new 994 will come out, GTS has 50mile range, 610hp. Your 992.2 electric turbos and hybrid batteries are a $10K replacement cost. Your vehicle will tank.

I own a Turbo EH MY24 Cayenne and I’m aware once the new one comes out mine will be obsolete and will depreciate like a tank.
Old Yesterday | 10:45 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Post this in the 992 section for more feedback.

We are all pretty hard Turbo guys (except 3 pedals)

There is no way I would be caught dead in a GTS. It’s like a base 911 to me. No offence, but if I’m spending the cake, it’s on a Turbo or GT product. (I like to go fast)

Watch the original Bad Boys 1 scene with the Turbo, if that doesn’t make you giggle, get the GTS.
The following 2 users liked this post by Angryinch:
mjf6175 (Yesterday), Mydxb (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: Pricing on 992 TTS