Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery - best practices

Search this Thread

Old Today | 05:25 PM
bleise.cruz
Cruisin'

Question Battery - best practices

Hello - I won't be able to drive my 997 for 15 days. The battery is no longer the original one, it's a relatively new AGM battery. One question: on a weekend in the middle of these 15 days, is starting the car and leaving it idle for 5 minutes better or worse for keeping the battery healthy?

I've always understood that the best way to keep the battery healthy is to drive the car. But in a situation like this, where I can only get someone to start the car and leave it idle, what's your suggestion? Or turning the car on and now using it will just consume more battery?

many thanks.
Old Today | 06:19 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

If it is inside, I would just get a nice tender. If my car sits for more than a week, I will just plug it in to the tender and not have to think about it. If it is outside, that is an issue I never got nailed down TBH and lost a few batteries by letting my cars sit.
Old Today | 06:34 PM
bleise.cruz
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by jamesinger
If it is inside, I would just get a nice tender. If my car sits for more than a week, I will just plug it in to the tender and not have to think about it. If it is outside, that is an issue I never got nailed down TBH and lost a few batteries by letting my cars sit.
That would be a great solution, but I don't have where to plug it.
Old Today | 07:29 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Leaving it for 2 weeks should not be an issue --> dead battery. I would let it sit for the 2 weeks until you can drive it.

Quick Reply: Battery - best practices