Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Critique this Cayenne build please :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2024, 06:02 PM
dancrocker
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Critique this Cayenne build please :)

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSNVYQZ7

It's for my wife who isn't really a performance-oriented driver.
The one option I'm wondering about are the insulated windows. I'm wondering if they make you feel too isolated from the road. For her, more quiet would probably be a good thing though.

Thanks much.
Old 09-29-2024, 06:13 PM
Gus22
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 86 Posts

Personally I would option the air suspension over insulated windows. Also I’d consider the sport front fascia over the gloss back. It cuts down on the black plastic everywhere. Obviously the sport design package is better but the sport front fascia is a little more bang for your buck at half the cost and still gets rid of a lot of the cheap black plastic. My 2 cents.
Old 09-29-2024, 06:28 PM
dancrocker
Advanced

Thanks.
I looked at the air suspension but thought that it might not be all that useful. And, I assume that air suspension wouldn't necessarily be instead of the insulated windows (unless I wanted to manage the cost).
The sport fascia is an interesting idea. I looked at it. But, with the black wheels, it seems like having all the other trim in high gloss black would look nice. The chrome window trim seems to clash.
Old 09-29-2024, 07:22 PM
Ericson38
Burning Brakes

Received 364 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by dancrocker

The one option I'm wondering about are the insulated windows. I'm wondering if they make you feel too isolated from the road. For her, more quiet would probably be a good thing though.

Thanks much.
Just had a 2024 loaner for 4 days (Friday-Monday) for about 500 miles. Insulated/UV glass makes the interior quieter (our 2023 has it, 24 model did not). Road tread noise definitely lessened. I would add soft close doors and sports exhaust and then sport chrono. I thought the 2024 Base PASM was totally adequate for suspension duty. Its sport mode is right in line with our non PASM 2023 Base, while the normal mode in the 2024 PASM was real soft. Sport plus mode with the sports exhaust and a fairly tight suspension would be alot of fun. Also, the UV/insulated glass really helps reduce the sun on the skin feel.

Last edited by Ericson38; 09-29-2024 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-29-2024, 07:32 PM
Hunky
Pro

Received 301 Likes on 197 Posts

A neighbor of ours has that color on a Cayenne. I would give that one a second thought.
Old 09-29-2024, 07:56 PM
dancrocker
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hunky
A neighbor of ours has that color on a Cayenne. I would give that one a second thought.
Interesting. What didn't you like about it?
Old 09-29-2024, 08:17 PM
dancrocker
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ericson38
Just had a 2024 loaner for 4 days (Friday-Monday) for about 500 miles. Insulated/UV glass makes the interior quieter (our 2023 has it, 24 model did not). Road tread noise definitely lessened. I would add soft close doors and sports exhaust and then sport chrono. I thought the 2024 Base PASM was totally adequate for suspension duty. Its sport mode is right in line with our non PASM 2023 Base, while the normal mode in the 2024 PASM was real soft. Sport plus mode with the sports exhaust and a fairly tight suspension would be alot of fun. Also, the UV/insulated glass really helps reduce the sun on the skin feel.
Sounds like the insulated glass would be a useful option then.
Soft close doors are standard on the 2025. And I agree, they seem pretty cool
I'm a little confused about what you mean by "base PASM". In the configurator, I see the PASM option which mentions the air suspension. Is there a PASM option without this?
As for the other stuff, my wife wouldn't be interested in any of that . I will drive the car, but rarely...
Old 09-29-2024, 08:25 PM
Ericson38
Burning Brakes

Sounds like the insulated glass would be a useful option then.
Soft close doors are standard on the 2025. And I agree, they seem pretty cool
I'm a little confused about what you mean by "base PASM". In the configurator, I see the PASM option which mentions the air suspension. Is there a PASM option without this?
As for the other stuff, my wife wouldn't be interested in any of that . I will drive the car, but rarely...
Base has PASM for 2024+, but in 2023 it was an option. The air suspension's air spring (which is also controlled by a PASM strut) might be desirable for the wife if you have a good helping of rough pavement in the local area. We don't, so would not get it here (central cal coast), but if we lived in LA I would have it for sure (air).
Old 09-29-2024, 08:34 PM
dancrocker
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ericson38
Base has PASM for 2024+, but in 2023 it was an option. The air suspension's air spring (which is also controlled by a PASM strut) might be desirable for the wife if you have a good helping of rough pavement in the local area. We don't, so would not get it here (central cal coast), but if we lived in LA I would have it for sure (air).
I see. We're in the south SF Bay Area. Roads do kinda suck here
Old 09-29-2024, 10:07 PM
Ericson38
Burning Brakes

I see. We're in the south SF Bay Area. Roads do kinda suck here
We have 21 inch Spyder wheels on the '23. I think you should see the Exclusive Design wheels in person, they look good and are easier to clean than the Spyders.
Old 09-29-2024, 10:21 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts

I don't mean to be argumentative. I just don't understand buyers who want a Porsche and aren't interested in performance. Go get a Lexus or something more reliable or less expensive.
Old 09-29-2024, 11:01 PM
Cayenneto911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. What didn't you like about it?
I have 0Algarve Blue on my Cayenne. Depending how the light hits it is either a deep blue or looks almost black at times. I have spent two months with it and am still surprised how great the color is each time I approach the car.
Old 09-29-2024, 11:10 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Thanks much.
Nice build. Like the exterior color and leather interior. Not a fan of black wheels, a subjective topic.

If there is room to go up in price, consider:
- Burmester audio
- black club leather interior with deviated stitching
- soft close doors
- crests on headrests
- SportDesign exterior
- HUD

Last edited by chassis; 09-29-2024 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-29-2024, 11:20 PM
dancrocker
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ticket Target
I don't mean to be argumentative. I just don't understand buyers who want a Porsche and aren't interested in performance. Go get a Lexus or something more reliable or less expensive.
Yeah, clearly you don't ...
Old 09-29-2024, 11:32 PM
dancrocker
Advanced

Originally Posted by chassis
Nice build. Like the exterior color and leather interior. Not a fan of black wheels, a subjective topic.

If there is room to go up in price, consider:
- Burmester audio
- black club leather interior with deviated stitching
- soft close doors
- crests on headrests
- SportDesign exterior
- HUD
Thanks for the thoughts. Perhaps all that black might be a little extreme. I do like this look too:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS3UTF98

Of course, it's not going to be my car lol.

I looked at the HUD and it didn't seem all that impressive. Then again, neither of us have ever had one so it may be a matter of not missing what you never had.
The upgraded audio is pricey and I'm really not sure she'd care all that much about it.
Soft close doors are standard of 2025.
I'll take a look at the other interior upgrades. The leather interior is so nice already though...

As I said, this is for my wife. If it were for me, it would likely be a GTS with a pile of performance upgrades. But, I'm very happy with my Cayman S .

Oh, and I like your car too .

Last edited by dancrocker; 09-29-2024 at 11:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by dancrocker:
chassis (Yesterday), Ericson38 (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: Critique this Cayenne build please :)