Sponsored by:

Convex Blind Spot Mirror

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM
Drstimpy2!
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Convex Blind Spot Mirror

Has anyone found a favorite Blindspot mirror that suits the theme of the car?
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 265 Posts

You can eliminate the blind spots by adjusting your side view mirrors.

[Adjust] the mirrors so far outward that the viewing angle of the side mirrors just overlaps that of the cabin’s rearview mirror.
Reference: https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...d-blind-spots/

I’ve noticed many Rennlisters commenting how they can see the beautiful bulging rear fenders of our cars in their side view mirrors.

I think this is wrong. If you can see your rear fenders, you have not adjusted your side view mirrors correctly.

You should position your mirrors further out, so the sides of your car are not visible. Think about it— you already know where the sides of your car are. You really want to see more of the traffic, cars, and road behind you and to your sides.

Last edited by PSPorsche; Yesterday at 05:04 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by PSPorsche:
AdamIsAdam (Today), celestequattro (Yesterday), eagle1960 (Yesterday), raaizin (Today), TimD (Today), VarTheVar (Yesterday), verstraete (Yesterday) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Received 771 Likes on 357 Posts

+100

If you can see the sides of your car, wide hips or not, your mirrors are not adjusted properly
The following 2 users liked this post by VarTheVar:
eagle1960 (Yesterday), verstraete (Yesterday)
Old Today, 03:24 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,281 Posts

If your really want to see what's behind you, install one of those "WINK" Mirrors. They're only about $35. Seriously, they do work. Have had them in every road-race car I've owned. But for the street I'm OK with the stock mirrors plus one small spotter mirror on each outside mirror. I line-up the outside mirrors so that I can just barely see the outboard edges of my rear fenders because I find perspective to be really helpful to me.The purpose of the spotter mirrors isn't to be able to actually figure out what I'm looking at. Spotter mirrors just tell me I need to move my eyes and/or head because something's out there, on the periphery, that isn't being captured.

Last edited by Bluehighways; Today at 03:27 AM. Reason: Add Image
The following 2 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
division (Today), Drstimpy2! (Today)
Old Today, 08:03 AM
Drstimpy2!
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Interestingly I have my mirrors adjusted out to cover my blind spots but some on ramps’ geometry favors a convex blind spot mirror as well. If you haven’t noticed it, you just haven’t driven enough
I’m just looking for a favorite blind spot mirror to have a belt and suspender approach, especially as my neck mobility fades over time.
Old Today, 09:36 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,907 Likes on 1,535 Posts

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU992ASP.html

One of the 1st things I do on a new car here in the US is fit a convex drivers side mirror. Lord knows why they are not fitted as standard like the rest of the world, and yes I know that's a regulation thing.
Old Today, 10:02 AM
division
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 49 Posts

I use the 2" round "frameless non-adjustable spot mirror" that you can get at AutoZone for $4.99 for a set of two. They're the lowest profile ones out there, and being frameless, it's the least obtrusive looking out of anything available. In my experience, of course.

AutoZone

Quick Reply: Convex Blind Spot Mirror