Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

2024 driver memory setting

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2024 | 04:19 AM
Wingover
AutoX

Question 2024 driver memory setting

Hi All,

Just got my E Hybrid Platinum addition and can't figure out the seat and mirror setting for two drivers. The car has the Adaptive Sports seats in front (18-way, electric) with
memory package. The door has the set button and 1,2,3 instead of the set 1, 2 and key icon like the manual or video tutorial show.

Can someone please explain the process of setting two individual settings (driver 1 and 2)? No option to save into each car key?
Also, when I set the seat position and mirrors, click set and #1 I get the chime and it remembers that setting but when I open the door to get out the seat moves back but not all the way in order for me to get out/in easily
Old 09-15-2024 | 01:04 PM
H2Owon
Racer

The current seat, mirror, radio, HVAC settings are stored to your key when you lock the door with that key. Setup the car the way you like it, and then lock the door with your key. Do the same for the second driver, and lock the door with their key.
Old 09-15-2024 | 04:08 PM
Wingover
AutoX

Thank you! I will try that.
Old 09-16-2024 | 05:39 AM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Just went through this on a 2021. You have store using the key icon. 970 stored setting on key when locking. Newer broke that feature . 🙁
Old 09-16-2024 | 11:21 AM
orca15
Pro

Originally Posted by justabout
Just went through this on a 2021. You have store using the key icon. 970 stored setting on key when locking. Newer broke that feature . 🙁
22 and on don't have the key icon. Well, it's in the manual...just not in the actual car. I have the same problem as OP and have given up after 2 years. Dealer doesn't know either. If you park in a garage and don't lock and unlock the doors regularly it gets even more confusing.
Old 09-16-2024 | 06:52 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You need different users at Porsche connect. Each user is the main fob user. Most settings transfer through the PCM.
To save in the fob, lock the car using the fob (not the door handle). That will save the last PCM user to the fob memory. The PCM then pulls all the settings (radio, seat position, hvac, apps etc) and applied. Under the same fob you can save different seat/wheel/mirror combinations using the seat memory buttons. This way one can drive using the other fob and vice versa.
This process is different from the PCM 5, in which the cars had a key symbol by the seat memory, to save settings to the fob.
Terrible setup, the local dealer had no clue and went with "they don't offer that in America" line.
Old 09-17-2024 | 01:09 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Another reason for me to avoid the newer model!

Apparently being able to identify the driver is the holy grail for car manufacturers. My 2021 X3 was doing a similar thing but requested a photo to be able to identify the driver, and set the driver options, declined that option.

On my 2021 971, I stored a “comfort entry” setting on both keys. Then press the memory 1 for me or 2 for my wife after unlocking the door to get the appropriate seat/steering/mirror settings. That way we don’t have to be assigned a key.
Old 09-17-2024 | 01:42 PM
djdonte
Pro

So dumb that the car wont remember new HVAC settings if I dont use the fob to lock it.
Old 09-17-2024 | 02:55 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by djdonte
So dumb that the car wont remember new HVAC settings if I dont use the fob to lock it.
It remembers under your Porsche connect username. The key remembers which user is opening the car to bring his/her settings.
To create a secondary user, you need to go to the webpage on a computer, the app won't do it. Scroll down the page and you should see the option for a secondary user. Use that email/password combo and you will have a second set of settings available. To save it to the key fob, bring the user up in the PCM (top right), get out and lock the car using the fob, not the handle.
Old 09-18-2024 | 11:55 AM
orca15
Pro

If only cars came with an instruction manual that explained how to use the functions. Not sure how it is now but for 971.2 the manual had the 971.1 procedures like it was a complete surprise that it was changed. Same with web and dealer.
Old 09-18-2024 | 12:02 PM
orca15
Pro

Found this. Still doesn't talk about locking the door to set the key-driver link. Does talk about unlocking as per John Mclane.

Saving and retrieving comfort settings

Saving comfort settings
  1. When the ignition is switched off, the settings previously made are automatically saved to the driver profile in the PCM.
Retrieving comfort settings
  • Vehicle is stationary.
  1. Change driver profile using the PCM.

– or –
  2. Unlock the vehicle.

The driver profile settings are retrieved.
If loading of settings is interrupted:
  1. Select Activate driver via the PCM.
Old 09-18-2024 | 01:40 PM
Wingover
AutoX

So I can confirm that by getting into the car with one key, setting up everything you want and getting out of the car and locking with the key saves it all. I set up a second profile for my wife and used the second key after setting up all her seat,mirrors etc and locking the car with the second key.

All is working correctly now. Depending on the key you use to unlock all the settings are changing.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-18-2024 | 03:14 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Name:  photo315.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  512.7 KB
It's out there. The electronic manual on the app is clunky, but there's helpful info there.
Old 09-18-2024 | 04:16 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by Wingover
So I can confirm that by getting into the car with one key, setting up everything you want and getting out of the car and locking with the key saves it all. I set up a second profile for my wife and used the second key after setting up all her seat,mirrors etc and locking the car with the second key.

All is working correctly now. Depending on the key you use to unlock all the settings are changing.

Thanks for the help!
This is the same way new Audis set up the keys, need separate profile for each key. Kind of annoying and I am sure big brother is tracking where you went as well as your spouse.

I also have a 2023 Q7, it took me few times to figure out how to save the settings to individual keys.hated it.

Last edited by E39Nutz; 09-18-2024 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-19-2024 | 10:24 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Attachment 1377541
It's out there. The electronic manual on the app is clunky, but there's helpful info there.
Interesting, that manual entry makes way more sense than what the manual for mine says...
When I go to my.porsche.com and follow the link to my car's manual, that manual says this:

It even has a picture of the Key button and talks about Driver Memory Package vs Comfort Memory Package... I'm not even sure which one I have at this point.

Quick Reply: 2024 driver memory setting