Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS sold for $180K + 12%

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM
DER951
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default GT4 RS sold for $180K + 12%

https://bid.goodingco.com/lots/view/...-cayman-gt4-rs

MSRP $183K, original owner reportedly paid $280K
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 540 Posts

I’m hanging on to mine. This isn’t close to my traditional buy high sell low pattern.🤣
The following 2 users liked this post by Alan C.:
Mike981S (Today), UncleDude (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 808 Posts

Buyer paid 200k+ with auction house fees since they usually run 10%+.
Old Today, 03:32 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 765 Likes on 352 Posts

Cool car. Not worth a penny over MSRP, in my opinion. With the Weissach package and some light options, this car goes for twice what the GT4 cost at release. Twice. For a slightly better engine. Insanity. Porsche are freaking wizards, making people fight over the chance to pay $50k ADM for this.

I am a Porsche fan myself; I like everything the brand does, its philosophy, and what it usually stands for. When I think of the regular GT4 or Spyder, I truly have a hard time finding a comparable driving experience for that money (assuming MSRP).

But I think wise consumers who aren’t fanboys must call out a brand sometimes, even if it’s their favorite.
The following 3 users liked this post by Lucifer:
fasteddie99 (Today), Henry I. (Today), MOGI (Today)
Old Today, 07:18 AM
MOGI
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 35 Posts

Regardless of what the auction house made on top of the sale, it’s surprising to see such a precipitous decline in value for the original owner who paid ~$278k new. The sentiment used to be that these cars are the last of its kind (may still be) and that they would only go up in value from then onwards - which is how I think most justified paying large ADMs. It’ll be interesting to see if this is one off event vs a trend
Old Today, 07:20 AM
VVG
Rennlist Member

Received 1,104 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Cool car. Not worth a penny over MSRP, in my opinion. With the Weissach package and some light options, this car goes for twice what the GT4 cost at release. Twice. For a slightly better engine. Insanity. Porsche are freaking wizards, making people fight over the chance to pay $50k ADM for this.

I am a Porsche fan myself; I like everything the brand does, its philosophy, and what it usually stands for. When I think of the regular GT4 or Spyder, I truly have a hard time finding a comparable driving experience for that money (assuming MSRP).

But I think wise consumers who aren’t fanboys must call out a brand sometimes, even if it’s their favorite.
Totally agree. I paid MSRP of $133k for my Spyder in 2020. For what that car gives, it is an amazing value IMO. Still puts an incredible smile on my face when I drive it and is still a total head turner everywhere. I just cant see paying double for the RS variant. That being said, we live in the post-Covid age where even a Honda Civic can go for MSRP or more. One can also argue, however, that for the driving experience and visual feast that it provides, a GT4 or Spyder RS, even with the ADM is a bargain compared to a Ferrari, for instance.
Old Today, 07:57 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,437 Likes on 1,324 Posts

The seller owes 12% to the auction house as well as the buyer. So they only get $158,400. The selling price with fees is $201,600. The auction house collected $43,200 in all.
Old Today, 08:13 AM
ztnedman1
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

I am amazed those auction houses stay in business with commission #s like that. It's no wonder BaT and the such are so popular.

I understand for older, more rare, way more expensive items...but for a car still on sale? 24%!?

Quick Reply: GT4 RS sold for $180K + 12%