12v socket under the arm rest

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM
Achilles_Lux
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12v socket under the arm rest

Hello all,

I would like to unmount the plate with USB/Ipod/Aux plugs as I will never need those (my setup is apple carplay from Mr12volt and my iphone). I doubt this has any value nowadays. I guess I will leave the harness underneath the console.

I would like to add USB plugs (those with >2 amps for phone charging). Is there a way I tape a switched 12 v in this ipod harness? Anyone done that?

thanks!

Old Today, 09:41 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,594 Likes on 4,192 Posts

Don't remove that multi audio interface. It's a big selling point for resale as BT audio streaming is as simple as plugging in a Tunai Firefly.

Just get a low profile cigarette lighter adapter that has 2 5v charging ports in it and plug that into the 12v cigarette plug and you'll have what you want without messing up the options of your car.
Old Today, 10:25 AM
Achilles_Lux
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!!
I have difficulties to understand the added value of those iphone/BT plugs as I have now wireless apple carplay but fine.

I found a great low profile usb/usb-c charger to plug in this 12v outlet, but I wonder if I can leave it while not driving, how much time before it draws the battery… (It converts from 12 to 5v and a blue led…)

Old Today, 11:00 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,594 Likes on 4,192 Posts

Originally Posted by Achilles_Lux
Thanks!!
I have difficulties to understand the added value of those iphone/BT plugs as I have now wireless apple carplay but fine.

I found a great low profile usb/usb-c charger to plug in this 12v outlet, but I wonder if I can leave it while not driving, how much time before it draws the battery… (It converts from 12 to 5v and a blue led…)
It will draw virtually nothing unless it also has a voltage display on it. If not driving the car for more than a week it should be left on a C-Tek or Battery Tender anyway.
The following users liked this post:
Achilles_Lux (Today)

Quick Reply: 12v socket under the arm rest