987 Brake Setup

Search this Thread

Old Today, 06:40 AM
pintsizedpistons
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 987 Brake Setup

Hi everyone,

I have a 987.2S which is stripped for track use, it has adjustable arms (front and rear) with a modest track setup:

-2.5degrees camber front / -2.0 rear
Few (can't remember exactly) mm of toe out at the front, and toe in at the rear
KW Clubsports which I'm still dialling in per track, but overall the car feels good!
It has a partially stripped interior, rear cage so I can use a harness

The main problem with the car now is the electronics and the brakes, it feels like the car is often grabbing a rear brake mid corner which is incredibly frustrating, this is with the PSM button pressed - without it pressed it is downright awful.

The brake pedal has never felt good (compared to friends with big brake kits on M cars or even hatch backs), I have slotted discs and RS29 Pagid pads. Also have the 997 master cylinder, braided lines and flush the fluid regularly.

Is there a solution to this? I have read about fitting an inline switch to disable the yaw sensor which I will try, but the main issue is the brake pedal, I would love it to feel more solid and confidence inspiring, it's never failed me, and has never triggered Ice Mode (that I'm aware of) but it is just not on the same level as the rest of the car. Is there a way to fix it without deleting ABS or aftermarket ECU ??

I have been looking at a big brake kit here in the UK, specifically from Yellowspeed which is a popular setup on club racing cars over here, my Cayman will not be entering timed events, but it is my 'practice' car and also does a couple of trips a year to the Nurburgring and just trying to make it that complete package now that I've already gone too far to just swap it for an M3 lol.

https://yellowspeedeurope.com/collec...43670462431470
https://yellowspeedeurope.com/collec...44153560891630

Was thinking 365mm front and 330mm rear

Quick Reply: 987 Brake Setup