Sponsored by:

GT4RS - Catalyst setup recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 08:48 AM
Orientblue330
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT4RS - Catalyst setup recommendations

Recently got my 4RS and have tracked it for 2 days so far. Looking to purchase Catalyst to be able to review what I'm doing and see how I can improve.

Trying to research some items but haven't been able to find it.

1) Does the 4RS have an option to connect OBD2 to collect data? If so can anyone share what kind of data can be collected?

2) For mounting the camera is it safe on the windshield or should I mount it on the bar behind the seats? If I mount the camera on the windshield how do you run the wire down to the Catalyst unit?

3) I plan to order the Anima 1" ball mount. Plan to mount the Catalyst case on it. Any other suggestions to look at that maybe better?

If there are any videos you recommend me watching on the setup please share. Thank you.
Old 07-22-2024, 10:32 AM
Locker537
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

1/ The Garmin does not integrate with the vehicle. No OBD2 data used or needed. See here.

2/ The camera needs to be on the windshield. Garmin supplies clips to secure the wire from the camera around the edge of the windshield down to wherever you mount the unit.

3/ The mounts that come with the Garmin are pretty good. I use the suction cup on the windshield for temporary mounting. I use the hard mount they supply attached to dash as a more permanent solution.
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 10:40 AM
nineball
Pro

Received 354 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Locker537
2/ The camera needs to be on the windshield. Garmin supplies clips to secure the wire from the camera around the edge of the windshield down to wherever you mount the unit.
mine is mounted on the back of the rear view mirror with no issues.
The following users liked this post:
Locker537 (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 11:08 AM
Locker537
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by nineball
mine is mounted on the back of the rear view mirror with no issues.
That's a good idea!

Quick Reply: GT4RS - Catalyst setup recommendations