Looking to purchase a Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2024, 07:45 PM
James Cole
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase a Turbo S

Hello guys...

So am looking to purchase a Turbo S new or used, but I see used one go way above MSRP... is this still a thing? I thought since a few months ago the prices we more reasonable...

Is there any way I can purchase new at MSRP at this time? Should I wait?

Thanks!
JC
Old 07-21-2024, 09:21 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 431 Likes on 281 Posts

Hello James and welcome to the forum.
I think you’re gonna have to give us some more information. If you’re referring to a new 2024 or 2025 turbo S then you should pay MSRP although some dealers are asking for an additional dealer markup.
they are clearly allowed to ask for anything they want, but that doesn’t mean you have to buy from them. If you are looking for a new vehicle, then my advice would be to call around dealers all across the country starting with the ones closest to your house and tell them that you are interested in a new one at MSRP. Certainly at some point someone will take you up on that especially as we get closer to the winter. Winter is a slower time for sports cars to sell.
On the other hand if you were looking for a used one. My advice would be to go on Porsche North America’s website and search for a car that you like. Always make sure to check the MSRP by looking at the window sticker, which is available on the Porsche website.
I personally would walk away from any dealer that’s asking for more than list for a used car. You should be able to get a discount for a used car
depending on how many miles there are on the car you’re looking at and how long the dealer has been sitting on it. You should be able to get a sizable discount.
Be patient and you will find the right car at the right price.
Old 07-21-2024, 09:30 PM
James Cole
7th Gear

Hello Neil,

Thanks for your response,

I am looking for a 23-24 used or a new 25... I don't need the car now, but it would be nice to purchase it today.

Am in the Houston Area, any dealers you can recommend for MSRP nationwide?

Thanks!
JC

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
Hello James and welcome to the forum.
I think you’re gonna have to give us some more information. If you’re referring to a new 2024 or 2025 turbo S then you should pay MSRP although some dealers are asking for an additional dealer markup.
they are clearly allowed to ask for anything they want, but that doesn’t mean you have to buy from them. If you are looking for a new vehicle, then my advice would be to call around dealers all across the country starting with the ones closest to your house and tell them that you are interested in a new one at MSRP. Certainly at some point someone will take you up on that especially as we get closer to the winter. Winter is a slower time for sports cars to sell.
On the other hand if you were looking for a used one. My advice would be to go on Porsche North America’s website and search for a car that you like. Always make sure to check the MSRP by looking at the window sticker, which is available on the Porsche website.
I personally would walk away from any dealer that’s asking for more than list for a used car. You should be able to get a discount for a used car
depending on how many miles there are on the car you’re looking at and how long the dealer has been sitting on it. You should be able to get a sizable discount.
Be patient and you will find the right car at the right price.
Old 07-21-2024, 09:33 PM
James Cole
7th Gear

For example I like this one...

But its easily 20K over MSRP...

https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/...der=price_desc

Last edited by James Cole; 07-21-2024 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2024, 10:43 PM
Booth9999
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by James Cole

it is up to you to call them and negotiate. The market for cars is crap right now. Offer them 30k less and you will buy it today.
Old 07-22-2024, 12:15 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 431 Likes on 281 Posts

I can’t get the build sheet to download for me

I would definitely need to see that

Old 07-22-2024, 12:42 AM
Breen
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 78 Posts

Hello guys...

So am looking to purchase a Turbo S new or used, but I see used one go way above MSRP... is this still a thing? I thought since a few months ago the prices we more reasonable...

Is there any way I can purchase new at MSRP at this time? Should I wait?

Thanks!
JC
DM’d you
Old 07-22-2024, 12:43 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,138 Likes on 675 Posts

TTS selling for less than MSRP in Canada.

Import one!
The following users liked this post:
Booth9999 (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 05:02 AM
mashoutposse
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Near-new CPO cars at Porsche stores have extra warranty (~6 years) and immediate availability, so they go for more. Yes, over MSRP asks are normal. There’s decent supply, so just call around and pitch offers.

Last edited by mashoutposse; 07-23-2024 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2024, 08:13 AM
Dicecal
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts

My 2024 Turbo S is currently sitting at the Port awaiting a ship, paid MSRP. Make some calls, should not be too hard to find an allocation. Don’t wait too long, I don’t know how much longer they will make the 992.1 Turbo S- but it is continuing into the 2025 model year.
James Cole (07-23-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 07:38 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Dicecal
My 2024 Turbo S is currently sitting at the Port awaiting a ship, paid MSRP. Make some calls, should not be too hard to find an allocation. Don’t wait too long, I don’t know how much longer they will make the 992.1 Turbo S- but it is continuing into the 2025 model year.
It’s not that easy to find an allocation IMO, but it shouldn’t be hard to get MSRP once you find one.
Old 07-23-2024, 09:59 AM
L76
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch

Import one!
You might even get one with Blizzaks… 🤣

-L76
rodsky (07-23-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 02:35 PM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Hard to find MSRP without a long term relationship with the dealer here in Florida. ADM is highest on GT cars (50-80K), Turbo S is running about 20-30K over MSRP. And they are getting it as the Turbo S is easily one of the more highly sought after models. Good luck.

Last edited by elvisdoc; 07-27-2024 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-27-2024, 03:46 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,030 Likes on 1,142 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch

Import one!
When I was looking just before the new year there were many MY21s available for 10-15% off sticker in CA. Was about to pull the trigger but snagged one in the US for about 25% off a high mileage one.

So yea. If you wanna save some coin consider looking up north like angry mentioned.
NEH51 (07-28-2024)
Old 07-28-2024, 12:32 AM
JimNy
AutoX

Originally Posted by Shogunade
When I was looking just before the new year there were many MY21s available for 10-15% off sticker in CA. Was about to pull the trigger but snagged one in the US for about 25% off a high mileage one.

So yea. If you wanna save some coin consider looking up north like angry mentioned.
any issues with warranty or import taxes or anything if one were to buy a used Porsche from CA into US?

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase a Turbo S