Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

torque specs

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 83 Posts
Default torque specs

so as being the 5th owner and 2 of the priors had the car wrapped. i am still in the process of finding all the bits of wrap and goo left behind. also finding all the little things to fix. i honestly think over the next year or so as i refresh the car, ill end up pulling so much off the car. my question is, are there any bolts that have specific torque specs i should look out for? i have seen Raby's "Fastening Specifications" book for the 996 and couldnt imagine much would be that different out side of the motor. i have also seen various torque spec sheets based on the bolt size. im also assuming there shouldnt be much that deviated from those specs.
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,074 Likes on 2,107 Posts

Mike was kind enough to post the workshop manuals for the 997 (and GT3 specifically) here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...copy-here.html

I'd recommend downloading the Google drive link and working through those. But if you have a specific bolt that you need a torque spec for, someone probably has the answer and you can ask.
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 83 Posts

omfg that is insane. this could be great but also the start of my demise. thanks so much
Old Today, 11:10 AM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 169 Posts

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, you can grab a copy of the 997 Torque Book from LN Engineering. I find it invaluable to quickly find a specific bolt’s torque value. https://lnengineering.com/997-torque...utomobile.html

Quick Reply: torque specs