Macan 2014-Current

Car Washes

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 148 Likes on 121 Posts
Question Car Washes

For the Macan I run it through a car wash about twice a month ...NEVER the 911 !!
First I thoroughly clean the wheels...using a 30/1 mix of Dawn and 3 brushes ... takes about 30 minutes, car wash does not clean the inside of the wheel, then one of the Tire coatings
The car wash I use is Brushless" has strips of ?? comes out dry ($ 10 outside only) hardly pays to do it myself, as you drive in, there are 2 "extra" services over the "basic" wash, Graphene and ---something else--?
for an extra charge...IIRC these car washes have to recycle the water ??
So, my question is (Inquiring mind) isn't there Graphene already in the water???
Yeah i know First World Problem !!!
Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 910 Likes on 548 Posts

Just be careful of the spinning wheel cleaner.
Had one couple months ago that kept going in the front bumper.
$2600 scratch and new bumper that their insurance paid for.
Hand ceramic wash from me now.
Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 148 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
Just be careful of the spinning wheel cleaner.
Had one couple months ago that kept going in the front bumper.
$2600 scratch and new bumper that their insurance paid for.
Hand ceramic wash from me now.
Ouch...
Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 107 Posts

This September my Macan Turbo will turn 5. Currently at 80,000 miles. Aside from the TCC leak at 30k she’s been flawless. At 75, I no longer abuse any of my recent runs of vehicles since everyone was my DD. I’m the only one that washes our cars. Not even my wife is allowed. I bring my vehicles into my garage at a 45 degree angle. Lots of room. No fear of water spots. No sunburn. A car wash? Nah. Btw, when I had my garage redone I had them use a waterproof 4x8 sheets run horizontally. This allows me to use a hose and not worry about overspray and melting sheet rock.

The following users liked this post:
Terry Adams (Yesterday)
Old Today, 04:55 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 156 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Bruce
This September my Macan Turbo will turn 5. Currently at 80,000 miles. Aside from the TCC leak at 30k she’s been flawless. At 75, I no longer abuse any of my recent runs of vehicles since everyone was my DD. I’m the only one that washes our cars. Not even my wife is allowed. I bring my vehicles into my garage at a 45 degree angle. Lots of room. No fear of water spots. No sunburn. A car wash? Nah. Btw, when I had my garage redone I had them use a waterproof 4x8 sheets run horizontally. This allows me to use a hose and not worry about overspray and melting sheet rock.
Washing in the garage is great! I switched to rinseless washing a few years back to better accommodate my early morning hours spent in the garage.

I use handheld pressurized foaming and non-foaming pump sprayers for the bath and most importantly, a portable, spotless water filtration unit to avoid any water spots.

Quick Reply: Car Washes