Sponsored by:

Improving bass w/ base stereo

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2024, 05:26 PM
mdfud
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Improving bass w/ base stereo

My 19 4S has the base stereo system and I've been looking at different ways to upgrade, e.g., amp, speakers, etc. I recently consulted with a local stereo shop and they recommend putting a subwoofer on the deck behind the rear seats as well as upgrading speakers and adding an amp. I'm all in with the amp and speaker upgrade but I'm hesitant to mount a subwoofer on the rear deck; I'd prefer to leave it 'as is'. Has anyone improved the bass without installing a subwoofer on the rear deck? Thanks in advance for information. (BTW, this is the recommended subwoofer:
Amazon Amazon
)
Old 07-19-2024, 06:48 PM
Got Bearings?
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

Funny... I went with the same Kicker sub enclosure but with a 12" L7 on the rear deck, firing UP. I also have the base system and the sub is definitely an improvement. I didn't do the other speakers until afterwards and while it sounded better musically, the bass wasn't quite enough. I guess it depends on how much of a basshead you are.
Old 07-19-2024, 11:09 PM
dvalera001
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 92 Posts

You could do something like this… https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...che-gt3rs.html

all really depends on your budget and how much bass you really want. Most likely for any real thump, you’ll need a sub on the rear deck. I’ve seen other threads about passenger footwell and frunk, but not sure how good those options are. I wouldn’t want the sub there.

good thing is that you have a blank slate, not like us Bose prisoners.
Old Today, 05:17 AM
itbme
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I significantly improved the bass in my doors by treating them a little.
The biggest improvement came from filling the voids in the door card. The big door speaker basically just fires into a giant cavity.

Quick Reply: Improving bass w/ base stereo