Notices
The Rennlist Marketplace Porsche Vehicles & Parts For Sale
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 GT4 DeMan 4.5L Single Owner For Sale

For Sale

2016 Porsche Cayman GT4

07-19-2024, 04:06 PM | Replies: 17 | Views: 1875
  • 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 - 2016 GT4 DeMan 4.5L Single Owner For Sale - Used - VIN WP0AC2A8XGK192490 - 26,500 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Coupe - Red - North Hampton, NH 03862, United States
  • 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 - 2016 GT4 DeMan 4.5L Single Owner For Sale - Used - VIN WP0AC2A8XGK192490 - 26,500 Miles - 6 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Coupe - Red - North Hampton, NH 03862, United States
Rennlist Member

• Price
    $145,000
  • Location North Hampton, NH, 03862, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN WP0AC2A8XGK192490
  • Mileage 26,500
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Manual
  • Vehicle Type Coupe
  • Exterior Color Red
Description:

After 8 years and several incredibly fun trips (USA + Euro Delivery) I've decided to part with my beloved GT4. I'm the original owner, no stories, car is as good now as when I bought it in 2016. Arguably better since all the recent detailing work.

To make things easy I tried to list everything I could think of about the car both factory and aftermarket, even the basic little stuff any owner would buy and do to round out the car. Any threads from RL around the car since there are some good ones I linked up below as well.

For a ton of pics of the car feel free to check out it's IG

2016 Cayman GT4
Original owner w/ clean title
26.5k miles 
VIN: WP0AC2A8XGK192490
$107.7k original sticker

Factory Options:
Carbon Buckets
PCCB
Leather Interior, Guards Red Deviated Stitching
Extended Fuel Tank, 16.9 gal
Wheels Painted Silver
Light Design Package
Bi-Xenon w/ PDLS
Smoking Package
Wing Supports in Black
Auto Dimming Mirrors
PCM w/ Navi
Storage Compartment Alcantara / PORSCHE logo
Steering Column Casing Leather
Seat Belts Guards Red
Door-Sills Stainless, Illuminated
Fuel Cap w/ Aluminum Look Finish
Euro Delivery (Leipzig)

Other OEM Add Ons:
OEM Motorsport Front Shock Tower Brackets
OEM Car Cover

OEM Front Trunk Plastic Cover
OEM Frameless Rearview Mirror
OEM Euro Warning Triangle
OEM Euro Front Plate Sticker (came on car from factory for euro delivery)
OEM Porsche GT4 Limited Edition Real Racing 3 Steering Wheel
OEM Fire Extinguisher and Bracket/Mount (bought after, never mounted)
OEM Black Leather Neck Pads (cause I did a set w/ Pasha this is the stock set)
Euro Delivery Paperwork
Factory folders and pens from delivery etc

Aftermarket:
4.5L DeMan Motor
DeMan Shortened 1st-5th Gear Set
Deman Motorsport Catted Headers
DeMan Tune w/ Cobb
DeMan Lightweight Flywheel + Clutch Upgrade
DeMan Alignment
Guards LSD

Fabspeed X-Pipe
AutoQuest Motorsports Seat Angle Brackets (driver and passenger)
Musicar Stage 3 Stereo
AWE Window Foils
T-Design9 Module
DSC Controller
Pasha Seat Centers 
   -Done by E3 Customs. I have the OEM Alcantara covers but not on a cushion, b/c 5.5 years ago nobody else was doing this  

Wood Shift ****
Lowered 5mm Front and 10mm Rear
Funny Center Console Stickers
Hardwired for Valentine1
Guards Red + Porsche Pig Key Covers (I have OEM ones)

Service w/in Last 5k Miles (by Rick):
Full motor disassembly and check up 
Engine Gasket Set
Oil Change
Flywheel Bolts

Spark Plugs
Fuel Pump
Starter
Battery
Key Batteries

Service w/in Last 2k Miles:
Full Car Paint Correction
Full Car Xpel PPF
Ceramic Xpel Window (40%)  and Windshield Tint (70%)
Full Car + Wheel Ceramic Coating + Steering Wheel + Seat Belts + Seat Centers
Dunlop SportMaxx (OEM Spec)

Oil Change
Air Filters + Cabin Filter
OEM GT4 Front Lip
OEM Rear Badge Set (after full car PPF)

The Good - This is about as perfect a GT4 as you’re going to find and in perfect shape and recently gone through a bunch of maintenance, garage kept etc etc. No stories, no accidents, I’ve owned the car since new, have 1,000s of photos with it all over Europe (Euro Delivery is amazing btw), California, and here in the Northeast. It’s painful to sell it, but I have a business opportunity that’s hard to pass up at this stage of my life. That said whoever buys this I’d love the right of first refusal to buy it back.

Spec - I believe this to just be one of a handful (1 of 3 maybe?) Guards Red w/ PCCB’s, Silver Wheels, and Carbon Buckets. It’s a killer factory spec as far as all of us Porsche fanboys are concerned. This was spec’d, owned, and enjoyed by an enthusiast who also collected cool factory add-ons as they came out for the GT4. 

Title - Purchased the car new from Porsche Nashua when I lived in Massachusetts, when I moved to New Hampshire titled it here, then as I acquired land in Florida I shifted title there with intention to have it spend half the year down there.

No issues, clean as a whistle. Car is currently located in NH.

Carfax - You'll see a few passed and a few failed inspections based on trying different header set ups over the years. I had cats, no cats, OBD2 spacers etc. Ultimately once Rick rolled out the catted headers I just bought those. 

W/ the catted headers you'll clear everything except EGR, which is not a 4.5L thing, this is a Porsche thing. The catted headers + the tune will pass emissions otherwise. I can include a CA compliant tune and set your monitors for you CA guys. Just have to load it and set your monitors. 

The Bad - Honestly not much. One rim clearly had a pebble go round and round so there’s a scratch in the center of the barrel. Couple scuffs here and there on the interior sills, and a few rock chips in wheel wells before the full car PPF was done, but that’s about it. 

Stock Parts - In terms of stock parts I don’t have the motor/clutch internals, but I do have the stock seat centers, shift ****, stock DSC controller, rearview mirror, stereo, headers etc along with basically every receipt in a book AND all the paperwork for the car from Euro delivery which is super cool. 

Motor - I originally did the motor over the winter of 2019 into 2020 at about 13.5k miles and figured after a few years of driving and 10k miles was worth opening it up. Over the winter of 2022 into 2023 I had the car sent back down to Rick’s for a FULL service and disassembly. 60 hours of work and checkups for a clean bill of health. In 2023 the car saw a few thousand miles then slowed down in the late summer/fall when a Ferrari 360 entered my life which took up end of season miles. In 2024 it was shipped out to California for Air/Water and did a flawless 2k mile road trip up the Cali coast. Again some great iconic photos of the car from the trip.

Yes this uses Boostane for 98 octane and yes I have a great easy process for it and yes I'll include a few bottles in the sale.

Yes this comes with a tune to revert settings for inspection, Cobb is loaded up with what you need and Rick is always helpful if you have tune questions.

Track Time - Yes the car has seen a handful of track days with my pathetically poor amateur driving. An afternoon on the Nurburgring on Euro delivery, a day on Thompson Speedway back in 2017, and then a members day at Club Motorsport in 2023. It has not nearly as much as the car deserves to be frank, especially with the motor. One track day in years feels like a crime. It’s visited a bunch of tracks across Europe, hence the stickers in the rear window, unfortunately those were visits not drive time, but hey such is life, it was cool to set foot at Imola and others.

This is a car that needs nothing, drive the bag out of it, enjoy it just like I did, become friendly with Rick. He's amazing too. Go put several thousand miles on it, change the oil, do it again. 

Asking $145,000

Last edited by BealeAss; 07-19-2024 at 04:16 PM. Reply
Old 07-19-2024, 10:28 PM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts

love it
The following users liked this post:
BealeAss (07-20-2024)
Old 07-19-2024, 10:49 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by BealeAss
Motor - I originally did the motor over the winter of 2019 into 2020 at about 13.5k miles and figured after a few years of driving and 10k miles was worth opening it up.
I have considered Deman's car so looked into your post but why would you open up a stock motor with 10K miles, boredom?

Motor - . Over the winter of 2022 into 2023 I had the car sent back down to Rick’s for a FULL service and disassembly. 60 hours of work and checkups for a clean bill of health.
Clean bill of health from what?

Old 07-19-2024, 11:07 PM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 231 Posts

cool build and specs OP! what approximate HP is she packing?
Old 07-20-2024, 01:40 AM
GT4_Rick
Instructor

Received 147 Likes on 47 Posts

I do love the spec. Seems like a special car with the engine build. Can you confirm my understanding of the timeline and details of the engine build? You sent the car to DeMan in late 2019 at 13.5K miles to perform the 4.5L build, and in late 2022 with 10K miles on the new motor and a total of 23.5K miles on the car you sent it back to DeMan is that about correct?

Also, can I ask what your logic was behind this? "figured after a few years of driving and 10k miles was worth opening it up. Over the winter of 2022 into 2023 I had the car sent back down to Rick’s for a FULL service and disassembly. 60 hours of work and checkups for a clean bill of health."

I'm no engineer or mechanic but with my limited knowledge, an engine-out FULL service and disassembly isn't typical routine maintenance on gt4's. What I interpret from that, is the engine seemed to have needed serious work, there were serious concerns, and these DeMan engines last 10K miles. I'm probably completely wrong about all of those things but would love to learn more about this if you can please.

Old 07-20-2024, 02:31 AM
Snowy999
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 129 Posts

IIRC this was one of the very first 4.5 conversions ever done and the drop, strip and review was done so DeMan could see that the conversions were working, check for anything unusual. They seem to have been spectacularly successful as, being Rennlist we would have read of the problems otherwise!
BealeAss (07-20-2024)
Old 07-20-2024, 09:51 AM
b16gsr
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Spectacular ad and car. This is how a car should be sold. The devils in the details and no stone left unturned here. Great job and GLWS. Wish I was in the market for one this is the 981 GT4 to own.
BealeAss (07-20-2024)
Old 07-20-2024, 12:04 PM
BealeAss
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
I have considered Deman's car so looked into your post but why would you open up a stock motor with 10K miles, boredom?

Clean bill of health from what?
Originally Posted by GT4_Rick
I do love the spec. Seems like a special car with the engine build. Can you confirm my understanding of the timeline and details of the engine build? You sent the car to DeMan in late 2019 at 13.5K miles to perform the 4.5L build, and in late 2022 with 10K miles on the new motor and a total of 23.5K miles on the car you sent it back to DeMan is that about correct?

Also, can I ask what your logic was behind this? "figured after a few years of driving and 10k miles was worth opening it up. Over the winter of 2022 into 2023 I had the car sent back down to Rick’s for a FULL service and disassembly. 60 hours of work and checkups for a clean bill of health."

I'm no engineer or mechanic but with my limited knowledge, an engine-out FULL service and disassembly isn't typical routine maintenance on gt4's. What I interpret from that, is the engine seemed to have needed serious work, there were serious concerns, and these DeMan engines last 10K miles. I'm probably completely wrong about all of those things but would love to learn more about this if you can please.
Will answer both of your questions since it's basically asking the same thing. Since this was one of the earlier 4.5L builds and over time Rick iterated on parts. For example he developed new pistons with lighter rings, as well as a new head gasket design. A few of us early guys went back for the improved goods and after racking up some mileage figured that was a good reason to make sure she was all set.

Also yes confirmed on timeline and miles!

Last edited by BealeAss; 07-20-2024 at 12:05 PM.
GT4_Rick (07-20-2024)
Old 07-20-2024, 01:35 PM
crazeazn
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what a build! perfect spec.
Old 07-20-2024, 03:23 PM
GingerPowered
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Those Mario upgrades on the center column have to be one of a kind. Flippin' beautiful car. GLWS.
Old 07-20-2024, 04:14 PM
BealeAss
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GingerPowered

Those Mario upgrades on the center column have to be one of a kind. Flippin' beautiful car. GLWS.
LOL guy on RL makes them, kinda had to do it
GingerPowered (Yesterday)
Old 07-20-2024, 11:12 PM
GT4_Rick
Instructor

Received 147 Likes on 47 Posts

Will answer both of your questions since it's basically asking the same thing. Since this was one of the earlier 4.5L builds and over time Rick iterated on parts. For example he developed new pistons with lighter rings, as well as a new head gasket design. A few of us early guys went back for the improved goods and after racking up some mileage figured that was a good reason to make sure she was all set.

Also yes confirmed on timeline and miles!
Thanks for the details, makes sense now. Based on that this is an ever better deal with what sounds like is now an almost brand new, 1-year old engine with 3k miles. glws hope you get what you want for it.
Old 07-21-2024, 03:47 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,482 Likes on 794 Posts

Do you run straight 93 or does this require octane booster?
Old 07-21-2024, 10:33 AM
speef
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 47 Posts

Pm sent
BealeAss (07-21-2024)
Old 07-21-2024, 12:00 PM
BealeAss
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Do you run straight 93 or does this require octane booster?
Yup runs the octane booster, I've got a great set up for it.