Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which production year of 991.1 and 991.2 base would you recommend in used market?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Smoothoperator
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default which production year of 991.1 and 991.2 base would you recommend in used market?

hello all,

I am in the market for used 991.1 or 991.2 generation base car. Which production should I try to look for now or which production year to avoid?
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,178 Likes on 595 Posts

There were a few updates to the steering during the first few years of the 991.1, and they improved steering feel over those early years. I think mostly software but perhaps someone who knows more can confirm. Updating the early year steering software is possible to do, but in general this was improved further with the 991.2 which had additional changes to the suspension geometry, so they also have different wheel offsets that aren’t compatible with 991.1 without using spacers. I don’t think any years are to be avoided, but the later year 991.1 are in general more desirable than early years because of small updates over those years.

I like the 991.2 turbo motors a lot more, but many 991.1 owners love their motors too; it’s personal preference. 991.2 has some quality of life improvements, like Apple CarPlay, but that can be retrofitted to 991.1 with aftermarket modifications.

I would concentrate most on finding a car from a good owner that has cared for the car properly. I avoid those dealers that buy from auction, and would personally prefer a CPO if buying from a dealer, but in general I avoid all dealers unless buying a new car. I personally look for forum cars from users that have a lot of history, so you can get to know what kind of owner they are by being a creep and reading all their posts

Last edited by MingusDew; Yesterday at 10:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Smoothoperator (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 743 Likes on 527 Posts

19 991.2

Quick Reply: which production year of 991.1 and 991.2 base would you recommend in used market?