New (11 S Cab getting picked up 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 03:32 PM
Jammerone
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New (11 S Cab getting picked up 2 weeks

All,

I am picking up new car in approximately two weeks. First Porsche, all Audi's before, and all I have gotten extra is oil changes. I am getting PPF and Ceramic on it, gonna be a driver, I know when I go to financial guyhe is going to have all these add ons...Any I should get? I generally don't get them and I do not tear up my wheels on other cars. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-17-2024, 05:51 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

No disrespect to the dealer’s ‘hotbox’ keep the add ons to what you’ve identified. I would have even brought the PPI and ceramic outside the dealership but the detail work done at our local Porsche store is exceptional…and to be sure, competitively priced. Further, there is a charm to picking up your car detailed and ready to go saving you the hassle of two days without your ride at outside vendor having just taken delivery of your new ride all the while anticipating your first road trip with top down listening to new download of your favourite tunes…

As a side note - and having owned an S8..RS4…Q7..tricked out A4 Avant….RS3, you will be surprised a how much more engaging your ownership experience is behind the wheel of a 911. Audis are fine cars but every outing in a 911 tts is an ‘event’. Congratulations on your pending delivery.
The following users liked this post:
Jammerone (07-23-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 11:58 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 431 Likes on 281 Posts

Congratulations. I agree with overdraft.

I would’ve probably gotten my Paint Protection Film outside the dealership unless I was sure that their workmanship was on point. They usually just bring somebody from the outside anyway and charge a markup.

Hopefully, they’ll do that official unveiling. That’s always fun. Take some pictures in the show room. You have something to remember the event.

of course, then you have to post pictures of the car and the experience here on Rennlist.

I personally would pass on all of the extras they tried to sell you. I know a lot of guys like to get the wheel entire package, but I’ve always had decent luck.
Old 07-23-2024, 09:03 AM
Jammerone
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thanks ...

Thanks for the input, just confirms what I was thinking. Reason for getting PPF at dealer is picking up in Chicago then driving down Mississippi River Road to Memphis, 800 miles of back roads... didn't want to wait on the PPF or Ceramic til I made it home...

Quick Reply: New (11 S Cab getting picked up 2 weeks