Cabrio top hatch does not unlatch on one side

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM
danmurphymn
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cabrio top hatch does not unlatch on one side

Hey all,
Tonight I went to put my convertible top up (closed). As I held the button, I heard a popping or breaking sound. The right (passenger) side will not unlatch. My guess is that this didn't unlatch, the hydraulics kept pushing my hatch angled & something broke or popped out of place.
How can I manually access the release mechanism? Is there a diagram anywhere? How do I best address this?
Thanks a ton...
Old Today, 09:56 AM
996-CAB
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 164 Posts

There is some good data here: Cab Clamshell Broken Hinge Arm - (UPDATE w/more pics!) - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

This is a known issue for the cabs. Motor that pulls cables to unlock tonneau cover works fine but the cables wear out and snap. This happened to me, but since I couldn't open the tonneau cover to get at the offending parts, and no indy wanted to touch the job, I had to go to the dealer. The motor and cable come as one and now cost $3K! Be careful of the cover. It is as flimsy as rice paper. Try to force the cover and it will bend making this repair even more expensive.
Old Today, 05:29 PM
danmurphymn
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 996-CAB
There is some good data here: Cab Clamshell Broken Hinge Arm - (UPDATE w/more pics!) - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

This is a known issue for the cabs. Motor that pulls cables to unlock tonneau cover works fine but the cables wear out and snap. This happened to me, but since I couldn't open the tonneau cover to get at the offending parts, and no indy wanted to touch the job, I had to go to the dealer. The motor and cable come as one and now cost $3K! Be careful of the cover. It is as flimsy as rice paper. Try to force the cover and it will bend making this repair even more expensive.
Thanks for this,
I have moved any future questions/comments to the post you linked above.

Quick Reply: Cabrio top hatch does not unlatch on one side