Notices

BEWARE of Porsche Walnut Creek (CA)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2024, 02:24 PM
991.2.GTS.SF
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default BEWARE of Porsche Walnut Creek (CA)

BEWARE if buying a used Porsche from this dealership.

I purchased a 2017 Carrera GTS from their inventory in May 2020. The car was sold as a "Immaculate" and "one of the sales guys old cars". The dealership presented a clean carfax when purchased and I moved forward; this was my second vehicle purchased from the dealership. Fast forward to June 2024, as I am trading the car in on another make, I was presented with a carfax that showed damage dating back to 2019, ~15 months before I purchased the vehicle. I was left with the the difficult decision to either trade the 911 in at a diminished value or cancel the transaction on the new vehicle (6 month wait) and leaving with a Carrera that now has damage on the car fax. When following up with Porsche Walnut Creek to stand behind the vehicle they sold (ask for them to split the diminished value), the sales manager who sold me vehicle walked away saying that they have no responsibility in the matter and that damage on the carfax does not diminish value. They have lost a repeat customer and I suggest that anyone buying a vehicle proceeds with caution or looks elsewhere.

Last edited by 991.2.GTS.SF; 07-06-2024 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2024, 07:53 PM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 243 Posts

As someone who has bought quite a few cars from them, I ended my relationship with them and moved to Porsche Marin, my wife detests the place so bad too, mind you we have been with them for years. Honestly the whole brand is just fading in my eyes but i do love their products, then again you read **** like this and you truly have to wonder wtf is going on at Porsche
Old 07-06-2024, 08:44 PM
unlimited_range
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their used inventory seems fairly overpriced when I ended up looking over it as well, a pain to go all the way up Marin but the folks there were friendly when I interacted with them
The following users liked this post:
14turbo S (07-11-2024)
Old 07-08-2024, 12:25 PM
991.2.GTS.SF
Track Day

I have consistently heard positive things about Marin. Likely will be where my business is headed
The following users liked this post:
14turbo S (07-11-2024)
Old Today, 03:10 PM
evosaurusx
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I’m curious how they were able to produce a clean carfax when you purchased the car if there was damage 15 months prior.
Old Today, 03:31 PM
991.2.GTS.SF
Track Day

Originally Posted by evosaurusx
I’m curious how they were able to produce a clean carfax when you purchased the car if there was damage 15 months prior.
I asked the same question. They went back to Carfax who stated that their data sources had been updated since I purchased the car. In short, the value of a Carfax is relatively low given they can be updated at a later date with no notification.
Old Today, 04:03 PM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 61 Posts

Sorry about your situation. I've had odd experiences with CarFax as well. Completely missing service history for instance. Apparently some shops don't report any work to CarFax, it's totally optional. This is why a PPI is a must.
Old Today, 05:27 PM
991.2.GTS.SF
Track Day

Originally Posted by michaelp
Sorry about your situation. I've had odd experiences with CarFax as well. Completely missing service history for instance. Apparently some shops don't report any work to CarFax, it's totally optional. This is why a PPI is a must.
Yes, lesson learned. My thought at the time was being a Porsche Dealership (and a car that was previously employee owned) I could trust what they presented as fact to be true. When I made them aware of the current situation I was hoping that they would stand behind the car and split the cost impact. Unfortunately, they haven't been willing to do so.

Quick Reply: BEWARE of Porsche Walnut Creek (CA)