Sponsored By:

Diesel tunes...

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM
coletrain
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Diesel tunes...

I searched a few threads and mostly see Malone this and EGR that. Just a basic Google search shows that there are many tuners out there. Does anybody have any experience with RaceChips, KermaTDI, TDITuners, or any others? I'm only seeing Malone feedback. Those threads usually devolve into subtle differences between stage 1,2,ect.

My 2013 has about 87K and I was told by a mechanic friend to "tune it, and get rid of that diesel gate crap". My Cayenne drives great but I never had it pre-"fix". Just looking for feedback on any of the other tunes out there... I'm looking to keep everything stock.

Cayenne Diesel folks let me know your thoughts on your tune setup. Thanks
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM
jl-c
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in the UK but went to my local tuner and said remove all the "get round the emissions" software put it back to stock with a mild increase across the board but nothing that will stress the internals. It's like a new car! Drives so much better. Still stock with all the DPF, CAT etc but vastly improved.
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
coletrain
Intermediate

Wow that's nice that you know a local tuner. That sounds ideal. Sounds like you are pretty happy and have good results. I'm still hoping others have tried or continue to use a Cayenne tune other than Malone that they can comment on here.
The following users liked this post:
jl-c (Today)
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 106 Posts

Just deleted my 2015, Malone 2.5 , EGR/def. Huge difference in driving, even reg mode is better then sport mode use to be. Plus your car will be clean. Pictures of my EGR/intake are after 23k miles of highway driving so city driving has to be filthy. Would never go back. The def pipe, EGR delete plus tune all in maybe $1400.

Old Today, 12:10 PM
reneeweiss
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I think in Ca. where they smog our diesels the tunes would be detected by the electronics- the smog test connects directly to the car and communicates to the dmv. Any comments welcome
Old Today, 12:52 PM
coletrain
Intermediate

Thank you blockhead for the comments and pricing! Hopefully there's some more folks with tunes that can also chime in....

Quick Reply: Diesel tunes...