Sponsored By:

Build critique - 2025 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 12:50 PM
durrtvegas
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Build critique - 2025 Cayenne S

Hello, coming from a used but new to me 2018 Macan Turbo and upgrading to a 2025 Cayenne S. Please critique my build; goals are maximizing driving performance and dynamics, a luxurious but understated interior/appearance, and trying to keep budget under $130K. Thank you!

Build code: PS4TZKD9
Old 06-29-2024, 02:00 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,382 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Red is not my thing but go for it if you like it

RS Spyder wheels look good, especially with bright finish

18-ways are excellent

Premium Package Plus is good

Not a fan of gloss black exterior trim but go for it if you like it

Trailer hitch good choice

Delete model designation good

Performance options: you did not select sport exhaust or torque vectoring. Will you track this vehicle? If not I would deselect PDCC and choose a cosmetic option - SportDesign front fascia. PDCC owners in moments of clarity admit the system does almost nothing for nearly all driving conditions. If you track the vehicle, this is a different story. SportDesign completely transforms the exterior appearance in all driving conditions, and all non-driving conditions. Porsche has done a disservice by offering base exterior trim with large expanses of black unpainted plastic trim. SportDesign front fascia is approx the same price as PDCC.

Consider the technology package (HUD, etc.) if you are willing to delete PDCC for approximately the same price.

Heated steering wheel good. It's the one option I really want, but I bought my car CPO and it is otherwise highly optioned.

Assist systems good

Are soft close doors offered? I didn't see it in the configurator. Shame if they are no longer offered, I love them!

Last edited by chassis; 06-29-2024 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2024, 03:19 PM
On_Your_Left
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by durrtvegas
goals are maximizing driving performance and dynamics
You're awfully close to GTS pricing....If driving dynamics are that important to you, I'd urge you to configure a GTS and see how close to 130K you can keep it

Originally Posted by chassis
Are soft close doors offered? I didn't see it in the configurator. Shame if they are no longer offered, I love them!
Now standard
The following users liked this post:
chassis (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 03:24 PM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts

Hello, coming from a used but new to me 2018 Macan Turbo and upgrading to a 2025 Cayenne S. Please critique my build; goals are maximizing driving performance and dynamics, a luxurious but understated interior/appearance, and trying to keep budget under $130K. Thank you!

At the very minimum add the sport design front fascia or the sport design package. The car looks very cheap at the rear and sides without it with an overload of black plastic. I went with the fascia option but if I could go back I’d pay the extra bucks for the full sport design package.

Also on a 125k car the standard interior will feel VERY cheap. If going black the first choice should be club leather or the regular black leather. Leather interior is probably the one of the most important options for me. The standard interior has so much cheap feeling plastic and rough surfaces for the seats, doors and grab handles.

Last but CERTAINLY not least, get the sport exhaust. It makes the car a thrill the even turn on every time and it never gets old. I’d swap out PDCC for any of these options in a heart beat. If you’re not tracking the car or driving very aggressively you will feel almost no difference from the PDCC especially since you have RAS specced (must option as well!)

Will stress again the sport design front fascia, leather interior and sport exhaust are MUST haves on the S!
chassis (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 04:30 PM
durrtvegas
AutoX

Originally Posted by jo2134
At the very minimum add the sport design front fascia or the sport design package. The car looks very cheap at the rear and sides without it with an overload of black plastic. I went with the fascia option but if I could go back I’d pay the extra bucks for the full sport design package.

Also on a 125k car the standard interior will feel VERY cheap. If going black the first choice should be club leather or the regular black leather. Leather interior is probably the one of the most important options for me. The standard interior has so much cheap feeling plastic and rough surfaces for the seats, doors and grab handles.
Thank you, on my current Macan I have side blades in the exterior color. I would have preferred black as in the current gen to break that appearance up. Does the sport design package overpower the look?

Originally Posted by On_Your_Left
You're awfully close to GTS pricing....If driving dynamics are that important to you, I'd urge you to configure a GTS and see how close to 130K you can keep it
Good idea! I am around 134K for a GTS, which in the grand scheme of things isn’t too bad. I have driven my dad’s 2024 Macan GTS and it feels a bit ‘twitchy’ and ‘harsh’ in sport mode, so I am just worried that might carry over the Cayenne GTS vs S. Any thoughts on that? Thanks again!
Old 06-29-2024, 06:56 PM
On_Your_Left
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I have driven my dad’s 2024 Macan GTS and it feels a bit ‘twitchy’ and ‘harsh’ in sport mode, so I am just worried that might carry over the Cayenne GTS vs S. Any thoughts on that? Thanks again!
Maybe we should back up and see what you mean by "maximizing driving performance and dynamics" ....Can you define that a bit more?
Woofman (06-30-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 09:32 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Does the sport design package overpower the look?
No, it completes the car and gives it the appearance it is meant to have. Check the pictures sticky thread, a guy just posted a white S e-hybrid with full SportDesign, it looks great.
durrtvegas (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 10:35 PM
durrtvegas
AutoX

Originally Posted by On_Your_Left
Maybe we should back up and see what you mean by "maximizing driving performance and dynamics" ....Can you define that a bit more?
just slightly concerned about the ride being a bit harsh/non-compliant and making my dog (and wife) car sick, when thinking about the Macan GTS
chassis (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 10:44 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

just slightly concerned about the ride being a bit harsh/non-compliant and making my dog (and wife) car sick, when thinking about the Macan GTS
Cayenne is a much larger car than Macan, which improves ride by the laws of physics. More mass = better ride all else being equal.

Air suspension is a must imo on a Cayenne. Also leather interior but you seem focused on the driving systems.
durrtvegas (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 10:50 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 128 Posts

The 2023 GTS ride was great even in Sport mode. The ride has been improved for 2024+ models. The only possible negative might be the Sport exhaust rumble that a woman might not love. For many of us it makes thecar. My wife commented about it the first week after a prior vehicle that was very quiet. The GTS rxhaust is quiet at highway speeds and not obnoxious inside the vehicle around town. Go for the GTS you won't be disappointed.
durrtvegas (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 11:40 PM
durrtvegas
AutoX

Originally Posted by Ron.s
The 2023 GTS ride was great even in Sport mode. The ride has been improved for 2024+ models. The only possible negative might be the Sport exhaust rumble that a woman might not love. For many of us it makes thecar. My wife commented about it the first week after a prior vehicle that was very quiet. The GTS rxhaust is quiet at highway speeds and not obnoxious inside the vehicle around town. Go for the GTS you won't be disappointed.
you guys have convinced me, thanks!
Old 06-30-2024, 01:39 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

2024 / 2025 Cayennes have Air Ride Standard on a new dual dampening suspension. They ride wonderfully, especially in comparison to a Macan (I have a Macan S with air ride as well). The Macan is built off an Audi Q5, the Cayenne chassis sets the standard not only for it, but Bentley and Lamborghini. Its more luxurious and plush - as it should be. Driving dynamics are excellent however you are still hustling 5,000 lb around in a Cayenne and Mass is Mass, you will not be tossing it into corners.
The following 2 users liked this post by drcollie:
chassis (06-30-2024), durrtvegas (06-30-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 02:09 AM
obbob
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts

Sport design package is purely a cosmetic option and an expensive one at that. If you really like to, then get it, but it’s not worth knocking out options you care about.

Most non car enthusiasts (which is frankly the primary buying demographic for cayennes) can’t even tell the difference, and you get very little of that back on resale.
durrtvegas (06-30-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 07:24 AM
TiagoGutierres
5th Gear

Hi there,

I like it very much, only miss one thing in my opinion, leather interior, it gives you such better confort.
It's different to have leather on your dashboard and in your doors.

But it's only my opinion
The following 2 users liked this post by TiagoGutierres:
chassis (06-30-2024), durrtvegas (06-30-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 09:55 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

Get full cow, it’s a mistake to order a vehicle this pricey with a vinyl interior

Get Sport Exhaust, not just the tips. You will not like the stock exhaust.

18 ways are good for slim people, 14 ways are more comfortable for broad builds and on longer road trips.depends on body types.

Skip the Sport Chrono. I almost never use it on mine. It’s a 5,000 lb vehicle, it will never feel like a sports car.

Sport Design Front adds a lot to appearance and lowers the black plastic belt line in the sides.

Lots of sheet metal, make sure you like red! Here’s a new S in Carmine Red, spider wheels and Sport Front Fascia.

durrtvegas (06-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Build critique - 2025 Cayenne S