Notices

995 Turbo 2003 - Hood open warning

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 06:31 AM
Drew_H
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 995 Turbo 2003 - Hood open warning

I've been getting an intermittent hood open warning. I read the thread 1286431-hood-open-warning-hood-latch-sensor-problem. Last week I had the bumper off, to replace the horns, so as a temporary fix I put a link inside the connector to short the Brown and Black/Yellow. That didn't work and now it thinks the hood is always open.

Is there an easy place to access that black/yellow wire? Unfortunately I've injured my back (fell backwards over a gate) and also son is on holiday, so may be a couple of weeks before I can get the bumper off again. Taking the bumper wasn't too bad, but putting it back on on my own I cracked it. Luckily I had a plastic staple welder and son was there to help.

The beeps are getting annoying, every time I stop and set-off, plus there is the wipers not working until I am moving and they are turned off and on again.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:32 AM
Drew_H
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the network control unit located? Wiring diagram says left under dash, but is that the same on a right hand drive car? How do I get to it, how much dash needs removing? My googling isn't helping.

Quick Reply: 995 Turbo 2003 - Hood open warning