Macan 2014-Current

2024 Macan Android Auto Dongle

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 12:03 PM
Razgumio
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2024 Macan Android Auto Dongle

For multiple reasons, I am trying to avoid having my PCM 5.0 software edited by "the experts".
I have been trying to get "dongles/converters" to work.
To date, I have tried two of them - both unsuccessfully.
1. Dashlynx - did not work at all. I would NOT recommend that you deal with this company... they may even be out of business...???
2. Carlinkit 4.0 - the installation worked with the help of tech support. However, even after attempting to adjust the resolution of the dongle through their editing software app, the image remains too big and I do not see the menu buttons either on the bottom or on the left of the map, making the app useless, (see photo).
Has anyone with PCM 5.0 in a 24 Macan been able to get one the dongle/converters to work Android Auto properly? If so, which one?

Old 06-16-2024, 12:22 PM
Roller12
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Carlink help support

Originally Posted by Razgumio
For multiple reasons, I am trying to avoid having my PCM 5.0 software edited by "the experts".
I have been trying to get "dongles/converters" to work.
To date, I have tried two of them - both unsuccessfully.
1. Dashlynx - did not work at all. I would NOT recommend that you deal with this company... they may even be out of business...???
2. Carlinkit 4.0 - the installation worked with the help of tech support. However, even after attempting to adjust the resolution of the dongle through their editing software app, the image remains too big and I do not see the menu buttons either on the bottom or on the left of the map, making the app useless, (see photo).
Has anyone with PCM 5.0 in a 24 Macan been able to get one the dongle/converters to work Android Auto properly? If so, which one?
Hi! I tried without success to reach them. How did you do ? Thanks.
Old 06-16-2024, 12:30 PM
Razgumio
Advanced

Originally Posted by Roller12
Hi! I tried without success to reach them. How did you do ? Thanks.
I purchased the Carlinkit 4.0 unit through AliExpress from Loadkey Carplay Store.
Their tech support has been very responsive but not able to match resolution to the car.

They have sent the information for the return for refund and I am currently attempting to get a pre-paid return label from them.
To date they have been extremely professional.
https://carlinkitofficialflagship.al...707cwoafwoafHi
Old 06-20-2024, 11:49 AM
big_willy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the ottobox pro version and it works fine. I can see all the menu options but the drawback is resolution is not as crisp as oem.
Old 06-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Razgumio
Advanced

Originally Posted by big_willy
I have the ottobox pro version and it works fine. I can see all the menu options but the drawback is resolution is not as crisp as oem.
Do you have a 24 Macan (PCM 5.0)? or?
Old 06-20-2024, 04:41 PM
big_willy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you have a 24 Macan (PCM 5.0)? or?
Yes a 2024 macan gts
Old 06-21-2024, 06:58 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 156 Likes on 118 Posts

I use the box linked below on PCM 5 on a 2021, I don't think there have been any changes onver the years, but worth a shot.

If you buy on Amazon, it's easily returnable if it didn't work. I expected to return it but 1.5 years later, it's been working reliably with great resolution and fast, wireless connection.

The only downside is that there is no "pinch to zoom" for the maps. I'm not sure if the other units have this limitation as well. It's not an issue for me since Waze does the zooming automatically and I can still use the + and - icons for manual control.

Smart World Company CP-AA Carplay Wireless dongle Adapter 2 in1 Android Auto and Apple Carplay https://a.co/d/09Hcd8Tk
Old Today, 09:58 AM
mark8
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm confused. Isn't AA included in 2022+ model years?

Is it just the wireless to wired adapter you're looking for? I haven't found any that don't work honestly on my Gen2 Macan after having AA added.
Old Today, 10:02 AM
jk1211
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not in PCM 5, only 6 (newer 911 and Ceyenne). Only wired Carplay.

Also,@Razgumio did you ever find a solution? Same issue as you and you're the first I've seen to post about it that I could find searching. I spend 2 hours yesterday trying to figure out resolution and dpi and notta on the Carlinkit before seeing your post it doesn't work.

Last edited by jk1211; Today at 10:20 AM.
Old Today, 10:22 AM
jk1211
AutoX

Originally Posted by big_willy
​​​​​​​An Ottocast U2-X Pro?
Old Today, 10:45 AM
Razgumio
Advanced

The Ottocast U2-X Pro worked for me.
Bought it on AliExpress $46.01.
Old Today, 10:52 AM
Razgumio
Advanced

Originally Posted by mark8
I'm confused. Isn't AA included in 2022+ model years?

Is it just the wireless to wired adapter you're looking for? I haven't found any that don't work honestly on my Gen2 Macan after having AA added.
AA NOT included. Only CarPlay. Shame on Porsche.
Old Today, 11:16 AM
jk1211
AutoX

I don't see them ever enabling it despite it being in PCM 6 either, which is just greedy. As we know, its in the hardware already that can be unlocked.

And yeh, I agree and don't want to go the unlock way due to warranty. I just got a CPO so warranty is until Jan 2029. No matter what someone says is "warranty safe;" they aren't giving you any written guarantees.

It is still altering the PCM at the end of the day, so anecdotal "the dealer scanned the car and found no faults replacing x unrelated part (drivetrain for example)" doesn't mean if the PCM itself dies they won't find the alteration (feature unlock) in the code and deny warranty.

They are looking for any reason to not pay out on warranty. And from what I can find, the part alone is over $2000.

I would use the stock nav before altering it until way toward the end of warranty (if still have it in 5 years). It is not THAT bad other than no traffic and the POIs aren't great, but you can always enter the address just fine.

Last edited by jk1211; Today at 11:36 AM.
Old Today, 12:01 PM
mark8
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

AA NOT included. Only CarPlay. Shame on Porsche.
That's nuts. It's on the Cayenne from 2022+ and other Porsche models. Wtf is Porsche thinking?

I know this post is focused on the devices that convert from Carplay to AA, but I would highly recommend considering the InnovativeSoft upgrade path. It's not expensive. I did it on my 2020 and it's been rock solid. And it's completely invisible to the dealer since it is accessed via the same app/button as Carplay. So the button on these PCM versions still says "Carplay" but accesses AA as well.
Old Today, 01:00 PM
jk1211
AutoX

Originally Posted by mark8
That's nuts. It's on the Cayenne from 2022+ and other Porsche models. Wtf is Porsche thinking?

I know this post is focused on the devices that convert from Carplay to AA, but I would highly recommend considering the InnovativeSoft upgrade path. It's not expensive. I did it on my 2020 and it's been rock solid. And it's completely invisible to the dealer since it is accessed via the same app/button as Carplay. So the button on these PCM versions still says "Carplay" but accesses AA as well.
The issue per the OP and mine above is warranty. There are no guarantees once you go flipping code switches in the PCM if something happens to it. If your car is older or near/out of the 4-year warranty then no risk. I have no doubts from users and seeing the process that it is legit.

There is anecdotal evidence if you go in for say a wheel hub issue, and they scan the car, they won't find it. A few users from a few dealerships, which the policy/scan software can change over time if Porsche want to be d*cks about it. And could vary how cool the dealership is.

Just not willing to take that high a price gamble, to get 1/3 more of the screen. If denied warranty on the PCM for some failure (and I'd guess electronics are the most warrantied item), the PCM part alone is over 2 grand, so double that or more with labor. Now do I realistically think that is likely, no (maybe 5%) but that's a hug $ gamble based on trust me bro.

Last edited by jk1211; Today at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply: 2024 Macan Android Auto Dongle