Macan 2014-Current

2024 Macan Android Auto Dongle

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:27 PM
mark8
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jk1211
The issue per the OP and mine above is warranty. There are no guarantees once you go flipping code switches in the PCM if something happens to it. If your car is older or near/out of the 4-year warranty then no risk. I have no doubts from users and seeing the process that it is legit.

There is anecdotal evidence if you go in for say a wheel hub issue, and they scan the car, they won't find it. A few users from a few dealerships, which the policy/scan software can change over time if Porsche want to be d*cks about it. And could vary how cool the dealership is.

Just not willing to take that high a price gamble, to get 1/3 more of the screen. If denied warranty on the PCM for some failure (and I'd guess electronics are the most warrantied item), the PCM part alone is over 2 grand, so double that or more with labor. Now do I realistically think that is likely, no (maybe 5%) but that's a hug $ gamble based on trust me bro.
I get the concern. But it would honestly be impossible for the dealer to even tell that you had the mod. I actually wanted to do it while was under warranty for that reason. Nothing looks visibly different on the app screen. And the core version of all the FW in the PCM remains the same. So again, your dealer will have no idea that it has the extra app installed. If you were to count the number of folks on here that have the app installed by InnovativeSoft, it's a lot. I promise I'm not just a random guy saying "trust me bro" haha. It's seriously a very large group on here that has the install done, working, and no issues. If something fails, you can literally just take it to the dealer and play dumb. They have no way to figure it out. MAYBE if they sent the head unit to the programming team in Germany they could figure it out but that's clearly not going to happen. That would cost them more than just repairing it.

At the end of the day I get the concern and folks need to do what they are comfortable with, but this is one mod I was not at all concerned about interacting with the warranty.

Quick Reply: 2024 Macan Android Auto Dongle