Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recaro Podium or Sparco QRT C Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 01:27 AM
TRSCobra
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Recaro Podium or Sparco QRT C Performance?

I'm at the point of my HPDE experience level where the 18 way seats in my 718 GT4 don't hold me in as much as I'd like. Looking into the Recaro Podiums and the Sparco QRT C Performance.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with these specific models, and if they are a significant upgrade from what I have.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:52 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Not a fan of recaro but we can get sparcos if interested.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 05-15-2024, 04:13 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 455 Likes on 332 Posts

Upgrade? Yes. Here's what I could find on Rennlist about the RECARO Podium: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...l#post17856285

We have RECARO Podiums in stock ready to ship staring at $3,495.

https://www.highline-autos.com/produ...ro-podium-cfk/

If you're just looking for a carbon fiber race bucket, we have Carbon Fiber RECARO Pole Positions in stock ready to ship starting at $2,495 as well.
Here's a great write up by a fellow Rennlist member w/ a 718 as well: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post18715340

https://www.highline-autos.com/produ...-carbon-fiber/

If you have any questions you can reach me directly below.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
www.highline-autos.com

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 02 https://bit.ly/49A6n4M

Old 05-15-2024, 04:26 PM
TRSCobra
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Upgrade? Yes. Here's what I could find on Rennlist about the RECARO Podium: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...l#post17856285

We have RECARO Podiums in stock ready to ship staring at $3,495.

If you're just looking for a carbon fiber race bucket, we have Carbon Fiber RECARO Pole Positions in stock ready to ship starting at $2,495 as well.
Here's a great write up by a fellow Rennlist member w/ a 718 as well: https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post18715340

https://www.highline-autos.com/produ...-carbon-fiber/

If you have any questions you can reach me directly below.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
www.highline-autos.com
How exactly does the "Paddable Lumbar Support" work on the Podiums? Is it just incorporated into the design of the seat structure or is it something adjustable with the rear pad, etc?
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TRSCobra
How exactly does the "Paddable Lumbar Support" work on the Podiums? Is it just incorporated into the design of the seat structure or is it something adjustable with the rear pad, etc?
Lumbar pads included, not related to seat design.
Old 05-15-2024, 05:23 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 96 Posts

Having just gone through this process in my 987 earlier this year, I'd suggest:
  • Figure out the mounting first since that may impact which brands/models might work
  • Sitting in the seats if at all possible to confirm fit
  • Being very clear on the measurements if you can't do the above bullet. I was surprised at the differences in widths and should strap positions available.

I ended up with GMG sliders and Sparco seats (Circuit for me, and Evo for passenger). The Circuit is a wonderfully tight fit for my build, but probably not for the average joe with a waist size above 32. The Evo was a nice match and I could get it in a size large so accommodate a wide range of passengers/instructors.

ProCoach (05-30-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 11:01 PM
OGRacing
Addict Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Seats

Originally Posted by TRSCobra
I'm at the point of my HPDE experience level where the 18 way seats in my 718 GT4 don't hold me in as much as I'd like. Looking into the Recaro Podiums and the Sparco QRT C Performance.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with these specific models, and if they are a significant upgrade from what I have.
The first thing you need to do is seat in any seat that you are thinking about buying. Everyone can give you an opinion about this seat or that seat. The most important thing is that you fit the seat. When you're at the track and you see a car with a seat in it that you may be interested in. Talk with the owner and tell what you're thinking about doing, and would he mind you sitting in the seat. At the track you'll get the best opportunity to sit in a seat. If you're close to a business that stocks and sells seats then go there and try them on. We regularly have people drive from N. Carolina, Pennsylvania, and New York to try out all the Sparco seats in our showroom. We also stock OMP seats, which is another great seat. We don't sell Recaro. Recaro are great seats, and have been forever. Sparco has the best selection of seats, in my opinion. I'm biased because we have been selling Sparco for about 30 years. The Sparco products are great, the company is easy to work with. If you're within XXX miles of zip 20166 stop in. You can look at all the seat dimensions on our site, or give us a call. Hope this has helpful.

Bill
info@ogracing.com

Sparco's Largest Distributor for 28 Years
PFC Distributor for 27 Years
Pagid, Alpinestars, MOMO, OMP, Hawk, Bell, Aim, G-Force, HJC,
HANS, Arai, Simpson, Brey Krause, Longacre, CoolShirt!
Supplying Track Junkies for 34 Years.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor Since 1998

A Veteran Owned Business

Check out our blog!

The following 2 users liked this post by OGRacing:
ProCoach (05-30-2024), RobT 394 (05-16-2024)
Old 05-29-2024, 11:54 PM
powerhusky
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just test fitted a Recaro Podium in my Cayman. Feels pretty good. Going to install it soon and add a 6-point harness.
TRSCobra (05-30-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 12:20 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

Deleted, sorry I thought this was a different thread. How embarrassing!

Last edited by Difool; 05-30-2024 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 01:22 AM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Looks great @powerhusky !!!

Old 05-30-2024, 07:03 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,740 Posts

Originally Posted by OGRacing
The first thing you need to do is seat in any seat that you are thinking about buying. Everyone can give you an opinion about this seat or that seat. The most important thing is that you fit the seat. When you're at the track and you see a car with a seat in it that you may be interested in. Talk with the owner and tell what you're thinking about doing, and would he mind you sitting in the seat. At the track you'll get the best opportunity to sit in a seat. If you're close to a business that stocks and sells seats then go there and try them on. We regularly have people drive from N. Carolina, Pennsylvania, and New York to try out all the Sparco seats in our showroom. We also stock OMP seats, which is another great seat. We don't sell Recaro. Recaro are great seats, and have been forever. Sparco has the best selection of seats, in my opinion. I'm biased because we have been selling Sparco for about 30 years. The Sparco products are great, the company is easy to work with. If you're within XXX miles of zip 20166 stop in. You can look at all the seat dimensions on our site, or give us a call. Hope this has helpful.

Bill
^^This^^
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-30-2024, 09:33 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 927 Likes on 500 Posts

Yes, they will be a big upgrade from 18 ways. Of course, harnesses, HANS and roll bar to go with them. Otherwise you're not gaining much in terms of stability while driving and you'll just be crapping up a nice street car.

And as others have said, it's imperative to sit in them. Seats are a very personal thing. Like running shoes for serious runners or saddles for cyclists.

You don't have to spend much. I liked the Sparco EVO QRT. Only around $800 each on sale but I liked them independent of cost. When I was shopping, Recaro seemed to carry a a cost premium over Sparco and OMP for the same level of features..

Got the M to fit me and a L for the right side to limit the waist size of any passenger to 36 inches :]

Last edited by ldamelio; 05-30-2024 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 03:59 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Bill @ OG is 100% on target. Also when sitting in seats, make sure those shoulder slots clear your shoulders. If you are tall, you don't want the harness belts hitting your shoulder blades when they come through the seat - not safe.

Linda

Quick Reply: Recaro Podium or Sparco QRT C Performance?