Help quick...Please review my Carrera T build

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 06:05 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Question Help quick...Please review my Carrera T build

Hey guys,

Going to order one. Here is what I have chosen. It's what appeals to me, BUT....from a resale perspective or just plain old add or delete must haves or definitely no. What do you think??

2024 Carrera T
GT Silver Metallic
Carrera S Wheels Titanium Grey
Standard Interior with Checkered Sport-Tex Seat Centers
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus 18 Way with Memory (only doing this because I need lumbar support)
Under Door Puddle Light Projectors
7 Speed Manual
Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus PDLS+
Exclusive Design Tail Lights (clear lens)
Storage Package
Seat Belts Guards Red
GT Sport Steering Wheel in Race-Tex - Is this the fatter steering wheel? I prefer thicker steering wheels
Lane Change Assist LCA
Bose

Total MSRP including delivery/processing and handling fee: $136,030
Old 05-03-2024, 06:14 PM
TUD
Rennlist Member

Received 1,372 Likes on 766 Posts

Your build looks good. LCA is the only thing I would consider ditching it’s really unneeded. I did not have it on my T and I had zeros issues without having. I have been driving nearly 40 years without it. Proper mirror adjustment can save you $1000.
The following users liked this post:
tna3 (05-05-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 06:20 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 2,995 Likes on 1,286 Posts

I'd ditch the 18 ways, LCA and puddle lights (useless). The 4 ways are plenty comfortable enough even for a guy who's got 2 herniated lumbar discs that's 6'2". Besides, they move out of the way quickly for backseat access.
TUD (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 06:22 PM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 908 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by Risley
Hey guys,

Going to order one. Here is what I have chosen. It's what appeals to me, BUT....from a resale perspective or just plain old add or delete must haves or definitely no. What do you think??

2024 Carrera T
GT Silver Metallic
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus 18 Way with Memory (only doing this because I need lumbar support)
7 Speed Manual
Storage Package
Seat Belts Guards Red
GT Sport Steering Wheel in Race-Tex - Is this the fatter steering wheel? I prefer thicker steering wheels
Lane Change Assist LCA
Bose

Looks like a nice build. Here are the cost options I'd delete (list below). They would all be easy passes for me. For the seats, I'd go with 918 Buckets (to die for) or the 4-way sport seats, which are one of the best no-cost options Porsche offers.

Lane Change Assist LCA
Old 05-03-2024, 06:24 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

^^^ disagree on tail lights and headlights-I have both on a GT silver T and it looks fantastic.
The following 2 users liked this post by Scott P:
carla992 (05-09-2024), evosaurusx (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 06:27 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 707 Likes on 440 Posts

None of your options are "needed", they are all things that are just nice to have and that includes LCA which I find to be nice to have especially if you aren't accustomed to being in a 2 door low slung sports car but I would still place it on the very low priority list. Personally, I don't care for the puddle lights or the clear tail lights for what they cost and would rather have surround view which is another useful nice to have and potentially save you from wheel curb and front lip damage from parking misjudgments.

T gets the fatter GT wheel standard. What you are optioning there is to get it covered in Porsche's version of Alcantara which is a love it or hate it thing that people on Rennlist will argue about it until they are blue in the face. If you like the feel of Alcantara against your palms, then go for it but keep in mind that the material requires a different level of care than leather as it will matte up from your hand oils. The original intention of the material is to be used in conjunction with racing gloves for optimal grip.

I also see nothing wrong with the standard 4 way seats, lumbar or not. I strongly encourage trying them in person before committing to the spend for the 18 ways.

Last edited by rasetsu; 05-03-2024 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2024, 06:45 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

I'm digesting all of this input, you guys are AWESOME!! Thanks so much
Old 05-03-2024, 06:46 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Scott P
^^^ disagree on tail lights and headlights-I have both on a GT silver T and it looks fantastic.
My logic as to why spending $1000 to delete the stripe of red on the rear is unnecessary on OP's build is that he is looking to spend $500 on red seat belts when there is no red anywhere else on the car so why not save that $1000 and leave the slight bit of red on the exterior to kind of tie them together. I'm not going to disagree that they look good because it's a completely subjective style only element that Porsche lets everyone choose for themselves but OPs build is trying to go pretty minimalist so $1000 for something that one doesn't even see all the time is just not what I would recommend and he's asking for opinions. To me, the only part of the red on the rear that sticks out is the third brake light which can easily be changed out by itself for a fraction of the price of the Exclusive tail light set. https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku992tbl.html
Old 05-03-2024, 06:52 PM
kilyung
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 13 Posts

If i were building it more with resale in mind…

2024 Carrera T
GT Silver Metallic
Standard seats
No rear seats

7 Speed Manual
Storage package (free)
Smoking package (free)

Seat Belts Guards Red
Bose

However if I was building to keep them very different.
Old 05-03-2024, 06:59 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rasetsu
My logic as to why spending $1000 to delete the stripe of red on the rear is unnecessary on OP's build is that he is looking to spend $500 on red seat belts when there is no red anywhere else on the car so why not save that $1000 and leave the slight bit of red on the exterior to kind of tie them together. I'm not going to disagree that they look good because it's a completely subjective style only element that Porsche lets everyone choose for themselves but OPs build is trying to go pretty minimalist so $1000 for something that one doesn't even see all the time is just not what I would recommend and he's asking for opinions. To me, the only part of the red on the rear that sticks out is the third brake light which can easily be changed out by itself for a fraction of the price of the Exclusive tail light set. https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku992tbl.html
I've got even less red on my T-none at all and besides, if OP picked a subjective design spec, then that's obviously something he wants. Besides, the Exclusive Design tail lights go great with GT Silver.

Old 05-03-2024, 06:59 PM
Mr.Bourne
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Good build. Ditch PDLS+, puddle lights (gimmick) and LCA and get the leather package. Not a fan of the pebble-effect vinyl dashboard.

Last edited by Mr.Bourne; 05-03-2024 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:02 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

A couple questions I had that were confusing on the configurator were:

1. The option for window trim in "high gloss black". What color or finish is the standard window trim?

2. Should I delete the Carrera T side decals?

3. Power Steering Plus really needed?

4. I've read plenty of debates on RAS, and it seems to be 50/50 on get it or ditch it......I personally don't care one way or the other, BUT...does it help resale value having it?

Old 05-03-2024, 07:06 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

I've got even less red on my T-none at all and besides, if OP picked a subjective design spec, then that's obviously something he wants. Besides, the Exclusive Design tail lights go great with GT Silver.
OP is also asking for the opinions from others otherwise he would just take all of the things he listed and not ask. Please see the point I made that OP wants to spend money to add red on the inside but spend money to remove red from the outside. That, to me, on a minimalist spec is counterintuitive and my recommendation is to get rid of the higher cost one which in this case are the $1000 tail lights. I am in no way passing judgement on your spec. It's not personal. It looks good and fine either way.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:09 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Thanks Scott, looks amazing and agree with the clear/greyish hue of the tail light against the GT Silver. Perfect match. The reason I picked red seat belts was just to add a spark of color to an otherwise all black interior. I think I will delete the puddle lights and sport-tex steering wheel for regular leather sports steering wheel. So.....the 4 way seats with no lumbar support your mid/lower back ok? I can't believe Porsche doesn't at a minimum put just lumbar in the drivers seat of the 4 way seats😩
Old 05-03-2024, 07:20 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 428 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Risley
Hey guys,

2024 Carrera T
GT Silver Metallic
7 Speed Manual
Storage Package
Seat Belts Guards Red
Lane Change Assist LCA
Bose

If it were my build I'd add Aerokit. It looks spectacular with the GT Silver (see below). I did the GT Race Tex Wheel and shifter and its the best cheap option out there and the tactile feel is superb!

Under door puddle lights...nah.

Risley (05-04-2024)

Quick Reply: Help quick...Please review my Carrera T build