Sponsored by:

ABS Sensor bolt...D'oh

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 01:14 AM
964Luftballoon
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts
Default ABS Sensor bolt...D'oh

So I finished the install of my new MCS 1-way coilovers. For some reason I was possessed to adjust the position of the ground wire as it didn't seem like there was much slack. While it was a bonehead move on my part the bolt must've been rusted enough that it wasn't even a degree of a turn and no pressure the head of the snapped right off. Does anyone know an alternative way of removing the rest of the bolt? Is it possible to keep the abs sensor plugged without the bolt and relocate the ground wire to a free screw on connected the body?

So far i've tried:
Kroil
Butane torch (had to be real careful b/c my cv boot is in close proximity)
screw extractor set
used a milwaukee cobalt drill bit to try and drill in hopes to clear it out and use a rivnut.

Old 04-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 369 Posts

Sorry for your trouble. Very common issue with that bolt. The usual method is drill, and HeliCoil if necessary.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:48 AM
964Luftballoon
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
Sorry for your trouble. Very common issue with that bolt. The usual method is drill, and HeliCoil if necessary.
Thank you so much for the HeliCoil suggestion. I never heard of a HeliCoil before. I found a kit on Amazon that just may work. Fingers crossed it does as I'll probably need it for the passenger side at some point.

HeliCoil Thread repair kit HeliCoil Thread repair kit
The following users liked this post:
Foxman (04-25-2024)