Navigation Cursor Not Centered in Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 07:47 PM
ecmeydan
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Navigation Cursor Not Centered in Instrument Cluster

Hi everyone,
I just got my brand new 2024 911 4 GTS. There is one issue that I could not solve after spending hours. In instrument Cluster, I select "navigation map" for the right screen. However, navigation curser (showing where I am) is located on the far right side of the map. As you know, it is impossible to see the far left and right of Instrument Cluster while driving. I checked several videos online, and normally navigation cursor is located in the middle of the right screen (map) which provides enough visibility to see. I tried everything from settings both from instrument and center. I would appreciate if you could guide me how to solve that. Thanks a lot!

Old 04-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Lavamat
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Same issue

I have the exact same issue with my GT3 delivered early March 2024 in Luxemburg. Together with the dealer we checked another 992 that they had in the store and it had the same issue. So it either is intentional or a pretty widespread problem.

i cannot imagine that it’s intentional though, since this seems to be the single worst spot to put the curser. Not only is it hidden by the steering wheel, but you also cannnot see much at all above, below, or to the right of it.

Thus: Can anybody confirm this is a defect based on an instance, where the cursor is actually centered?

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2024, 05:27 PM
ecmeydan
4th Gear

I haven't had time to bring the car to the service. But when I talked with them, they said that the only way to restart instrument panel is disconnecting battery for 10 sec and connecting again. They think that it will solve the issue. Resetting center PCM is easy (pressing down volume button) but instrument panel is complex. I also shared your message with my dealer to check other 911s in the showroom. I will share the update here.
The following users liked this post:
Lavamat (04-03-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 10:26 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Received 279 Likes on 182 Posts

Keep us posted. This seems quite odd.

The cursor is centered on this 992 at 2:39 and 2:45 in the video…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=eiL52...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by PSPorsche; 04-02-2024 at 10:30 PM.
Lavamat (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 03:48 AM
Lavamat
7th Gear

This is great to know—thank you!

The only other thing I could imagine is that it depends on the configuration options of other things that may occasionally be overlayed on the left side of the map. Maybe they wanted to reserve the space on the left to show, say, those arrows that pop up at intersections. But even that seems like a much worse compromise than occluding the cursor or moving the cursor to the right temporarily.

Would still be great, if some 992 owners could confirm that they have their cursor firmly centered most of the time.

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2024, 05:34 AM
ecmeydan
4th Gear

I somehow think that they did it on purpose, and it was a wrong call. If you manually zoom out the map, and also open the settings on the map; you will see that earth sphere is perfectly aligned with "setting circle" - side by side. Looking forward to hearing from other 992 owners who recently bought their cars.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:57 AM
Dan006
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavamat

The only other thing I could imagine is that it depends on the configuration options of other things that may occasionally be overlayed on the left side of the map. Maybe they wanted to reserve the space on the left to show, say, those arrows that pop up at intersections. But even that seems like a much worse compromise than occluding the cursor or moving the cursor to the right temporarily.

Would still be great, if some 992 owners could confirm that they have their cursor firmly centered most of the time.

Thanks!
my 992 Targa 4 S from 2021 also comes from the Porsche Luxembourg center. the navigation is perfectly centered. Ask Marc Schmit at CP
Lavamat (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 07:03 AM
Dan006
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavamat

Thanks!
MP envoyé
Old 04-04-2024, 06:50 AM
Lavamat
7th Gear

To keep this thread updated:
As per feedback prom my Porsche Center, this is likely an issue only affecting later PCM versions (6.0). Therefore, it’s not too surprising that the 2022 Targa does not show the problem.
They are now contacting Porsche directly.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:25 AM
Deerfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

2024 Carrera - centered. Checked this AM for you. Software is fully updated (to my knowledge).
The following 2 users liked this post by Deerfield:
anjizkit (05-02-2024), Lavamat (04-04-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 02:14 PM
ecmeydan
4th Gear

Update - I brought the car to the technical service - Porsche Madrid. They spent an hour and they could not fix it after restarting the instrument cluster. So they requested information from Porsche (I guess Germany) and told me that they will get back. Today I received an answer that "According to them (Porsche DE), the dashboard works properly. Current there is not an update to fix your concern". I am not sure how this is not an issue for Porsche.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:22 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,223 Likes on 615 Posts

I only use google maps through carplay so not sure on mine... I'll check next time I drive it.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:53 PM
Lavamat
7th Gear

Unfortunate that they don’t consider it an issue—it’s ridiculously useless the way it currently looks on mine (adding a picture).

I am in a similar spot: neither resetting nor taking off the battery actually fixed mine. At the same time the Porsche center in Luxemburg now has a demo vehicle that does not show the issue. So they are also inquiring with Porsche for me.

Will keep you posted.

ecmeydan (04-15-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 12:59 AM
JNKZW
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same issue in my US 992 delivered this week. Very annoying as the instrument cluster map would be useful given how I like to set up my carplay. But like everyone else, my cursor is directly obscured and not centered give the relatively large area the map covers on the instrument cluster.

just an update from a new owner, but I hope Porsche updates or recognizes the issue soon.
Old 04-22-2024, 01:24 AM
anjizkit
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 53 Posts

Same issue here. 2024 carrera T picked up yesterday. I need to play with the settings and see if it changes the orientation somehow. Keep us posted please

Quick Reply: Navigation Cursor Not Centered in Instrument Cluster