Macan 2014-Current

B10011B - Driver Airbag stage 2, Limit Value Exceeded

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 09:24 PM
wasntme
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default B10011B - Driver Airbag stage 2, Limit Value Exceeded

Has anyone seen this code on their Macan (B10011B - Driver Airbag stage 2, Limit Value Exceeded)? I had the airbag light come on so I went to the dealership to get it checked. This code was stored but not active, found just one time. They removed the airbag and reseated everything. No other codes found and it hasn't tripped again (yet).

Anyone else seen this?

Old 02-06-2024, 10:26 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by wasntme
Has anyone seen this code on their Macan (B10011B - Driver Airbag stage 2, Limit Value Exceeded)? I had the airbag light come on so I went to the dealership to get it checked. This code was stored but not active, found just one time. They removed the airbag and reseated everything. No other codes found and it hasn't tripped again (yet).

Anyone else seen this?
Not me. How old is your car?
Old 02-07-2024, 12:52 AM
wasntme
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wwahl
Not me. How old is your car?
It's a 2022. No other issues, waterborne or otherwise.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:26 PM
wasntme
Intermediate

Looks like it tripped again, just 2 days after being at the dealership.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 106 Posts

Looks like it tripped again, just 2 days after being at the dealership.
If its a 2022, sounds like a dealer problem since the car should still be under warranty?
Old 02-07-2024, 06:39 PM
wasntme
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DHL
If its a 2022, sounds like a dealer problem since the car should still be under warranty?
Yeah, its been to the dealer and goes back tomorrow. Just hoping someone else had a similar issue that got resolved. It's got me a bit worried. Just got this car a week ago.
Old 02-07-2024, 07:08 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 106 Posts

Yeah, its been to the dealer and goes back tomorrow. Just hoping someone else had a similar issue that got resolved. It's got me a bit worried. Just got this car a week ago.
I googled that error code and got one post:B10011B - Driver Airbag

Possible fault causes:
- Coding Ignition circuit is connected and OK, but is not coded.
- Electrical fault in circuit Electrical connection between two ignition circuits (mutual short circuit). Short circuit in wiring harness of two ignition circuits
- Short circuit to B+/ground/between lines or open circuit in the lines
- Limit exceeded This fault is recognized if the angle measured between >control unit and igniter< deviates from the specified value.
- Below limit This fault is recognized if the angle measured between >control unit and igniter< deviates from the specified value.
- Deactivated The ignition circuit is deactivated, because the wear/age limit was reached.
- A triggering event (accident or similar) has occurred.

Not sure what "angle" they are referring to, but this is clearly a fault that your average Porche owner cannot troubleshoot. Maybe a bad airbag. I would let the dealer handle it, just be careful driving with your airbags disabled.
Old 02-07-2024, 07:29 PM
wasntme
Intermediate

I saw the same thing. The dealer will dive into it again tomorrow. I was told it's single code events, not repeating so the airbag should still deploy but I am not taking chances. To the dealer I go... again.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:59 PM
Gus B.
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

@wasntme : did you ever get your issue resolved? I'm having the same sporadic fault (no rhyme with time or mileage) and not sure what the fix is. I saw the same error code number and description on the Autel scanner, but don't recall seeing if it was Stage 1 or Stage 2 (not sure what the difference is between the two). My vehicle (2013 Cayenne GTS) is out of warranty and I rather not spend money foolishly and instead would like to solve the problem at its root cause.
The following users liked this post:
tcyman2718 (Yesterday)
Old 04-07-2024, 05:30 PM
wasntme
Intermediate

Stage 1 versus 2 is seat belt buckled vs unbuckled. I did get the problem resolved! It was the clock spring under the steering wheel. It was replaced under warranty.

Last edited by wasntme; 04-08-2024 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-07-2024, 06:58 PM
Gus B.
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

My light comes on when buckled…

so many items that could be the culprit, makes it hard (expensive) to figure out… Indy mechanic says its airbag related, but can’t guarantee it…
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
tcyman2718
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B10011B drivers airbag stage 2, limit exceeded

B10011B

Last edited by tcyman2718; Yesterday at 08:48 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong comment
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
tcyman2718
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

meant to quote this comment ⬇️ not the one above

I have the same year and model as you was seeing if you found a fix to the issue mine comes on unbuckled or not and can't clear it with a scanner but shows up two days or so later

Originally Posted by Gus B.
@wasntme : did you ever get your issue resolved? I'm having the same sporadic fault (no rhyme with time or mileage) and not sure what the fix is. I saw the same error code number and description on the Autel scanner, but don't recall seeing if it was Stage 1 or Stage 2 (not sure what the difference is between the two). My vehicle (2013 Cayenne GTS) is out of warranty and I rather not spend money foolishly and instead would like to solve the problem at its root cause.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM
wasntme
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tcyman2718
meant to quote this comment ⬇️ not the one above

I have the same year and model as you was seeing if you found a fix to the issue mine comes on unbuckled or not and can't clear it with a scanner but shows up two days or so later
Mine had the same symptoms and it was the clock spring under the steering wheel. It was replaced under warranty.

Quick Reply: B10011B - Driver Airbag stage 2, Limit Value Exceeded