Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Aqua Blue Metallic Spyder Register Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 09:40 AM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Aqua Blue Metallic Spyder Register Update

Fellow Aqua Blue Metallic Spyder anoraks (I don't mean the jacket, and there can't be much more than 26 of us): it is time to update the ABM Spyder Register, which has been expanded now to all of two pages. If you are an ABMer, please check the current Register to see that your car is correctly represented. For this go-around, I added more info on options, and I am hoping to add current ownership and mileage information (if you are shy, I will happily label you anon). Just drop me a PM with any and all additions or corrections to the Register. I will try to make regular updates to this thread.

The Register currently has only North America data, since that is all that I have available. If any Rest of the World ABMers would like to add their ABM Spyders, just PM me your details, and I will be happy to start a RoW subsection. And if anyone spots an ABM Spyder for sale (which only seems to happen once in a Blue Moon … sorry), PM me, and I will add the details to the Register.

Some discussion of the rarity of 987.2 Spyder colors... There were only four Paint-To-Sample Spyders produced for North America. They are in a class of their own. If one of those PTS cars is of the bluish persuasion, I will be happy to add it as an honorary entry in the Register. Next rarest are the Cream White Spyders, of which only nine were produced. It is a very handsome, warm white, but when added to the 379 Carrara White Spyders made (the most profligate production)...hmm, any white is very nice, but...

Then comes the Aqua Blue Metallic Spyder, of which only 26 were produced for North America (some earlier compilations claim 27, but in those listings one 2011 car was double-counted). More common Spyder colors are two variations of Silver, one of Red, two variations of Black, and finally White at the top. The Register shows a lot of diversity in the ABM Spyders, with the MSRPs ranging from $66K to $95K. It is notable that no two ABM Spyders have the exact same MSRP, which suggests that each such Spyder is unique, no cars with the identical specs. Every ABM Spyder is a one-of-a-kind!

Attached is the latest version of the Register. Please let me know of any “misinformation” encountered.

{Removed - see more recent version below.}

Last edited by SCMike; 09-04-2023 at 12:03 PM. Reason: clean-up
The following 2 users liked this post by SCMike:
alemaniac (08-25-2023), joliver3 (08-25-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 03:17 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

Second owner of ABM 103. Mine also has factory PSE, Sound Package Plus, Universal Audio Interface, Roll Bar painted exterior color, full color wheel crests. PCCB was added after point of sale, by previous (first) owner.
Old 08-25-2023, 04:09 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alemaniac
Second owner of ABM 103. Mine also has factory PSE, Sound Package Plus, Universal Audio Interface, Roll Bar painted exterior color, full color wheel crests. PCCB was added after point of sale, by previous (first) owner.
alemaniac,
Thanks for the response. I will add your info to the Current Ownership column. Would you care to also share your Current Mileage? I will also add PCCB into the Addendum as a post-sale option since that is significant. I'm afraid that I had to leave the "lesser" options out of the Addendum compilation - not enough room on the reduced size page that I had designed.
Regards,
Mike
Old 08-25-2023, 04:17 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Will check mileage when I get home. PCCB were installed by Porsche San Antonio. I've got every single service record since new.
Old 08-25-2023, 04:24 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Default Repost of Register's 1st page

Some weird stuff going on. In my initial post to create this thread, I had two pages of info : "The Register" and "The Register (Addendum)". Now, when I go back to this thread on my iPad, the initial "Register" page is missing, so all that I see is the second "Register (Addendum)" page. However, on my desktop, both pages are still present. Software is a mystery. To forestall future confusion, I have decided to repost "The Register" first page by itself. Probably better to have each page in a separate posting anyway since future updates can then be posted individually for each page. Here's the first page, once again.....

Last edited by SCMike; 09-04-2023 at 12:04 PM. Reason: cleaan-up
Old 08-25-2023, 04:36 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Will check mileage when I get home. PCCB were installed by Porsche San Antonio. I've got every single service record since new.
Thanks. Ditto on the "every single service record since new" for my car, even if I am the third owner. Full provenance on these cars will become increasingly important in the future.
The following users liked this post:
alemaniac (08-28-2023)
Old 08-27-2023, 07:53 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Default Register (Addendum) - Mod1 Update

Filled in some more (minor) options data, plus some (stale) ownership data - still looking for updates from current owners!

Last edited by SCMike; 09-06-2023 at 11:46 AM. Reason: clean-up
The following users liked this post:
alemaniac (08-28-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 09:53 AM
alemaniac
Racer

Originally Posted by SCMike
alemaniac,
Thanks for the response. I will add your info to the Current Ownership column. Would you care to also share your Current Mileage? I will also add PCCB into the Addendum as a post-sale option since that is significant. I'm afraid that I had to leave the "lesser" options out of the Addendum compilation - not enough room on the reduced size page that I had designed.
Regards,
Mike
Mileage @ 50,1xx. I've done less driving than the previous owner (who did some long trips), but I surely didn't buy this car to sit in a garage. Just wish our weather allowed for year-round driving. Also, you got my handle as "alemanic" and it's "alemaniac". No biggie, but "alemania" being Spanish for Germany, and then formed as a morphological blend with "maniac," for "alemaniac."

Last edited by alemaniac; 08-28-2023 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-28-2023, 06:13 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Mileage @ 50,1xx. I've done less driving than the previous owner (who did some long trips), but I surely didn't buy this car to sit in a garage. Just wish our weather allowed for year-round driving. Also, you got my handle as "alemanic" and it's "alemaniac". No biggie, but "alemania" being Spanish for Germany, and then formed as a morphological blend with "maniac," for "alemaniac."
Oops - sorry for mangling your handle (always was curious about its origin, maybe a beer fanatic?, but now I know). I will fix the typo and add your mileage data in the next update. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2023, 03:00 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Originally Posted by SCMike
Oops - sorry for mangling your handle (always was curious about its origin, maybe a beer fanatic?, but now I know). I will fix the typo and add your mileage data in the next update. Thanks!
I do like beer...
Old 08-29-2023, 03:02 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Props to car 705 for cracking 100k. Would love to hear what all was needed beyond normal maintenance.
Old 09-03-2023, 05:55 PM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Default Register (Main Page) - Mod1 Update

Minor update of the Register's Main Page to add a section at the bottom for info on Paint-To-Sample Spyders. Would appreciate any further info on these two (I think) rare blue color Spyders.

Last edited by SCMike; 09-06-2023 at 11:45 AM. Reason: clean-up
Old 09-03-2023, 11:51 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 254 Posts

What I wouldn’t give to be able to own the Spider-Man Spyder. Aqua on Red is supreme.
Old 09-04-2023, 10:03 AM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by islaTurbine
What I wouldn’t give to be able to own the Spider-Man Spyder. Aqua on Red is supreme.
Yes, that was an absolute dream-spec Spyder (2012 #187). For those unfamiliar with Eduardo's Spyder, he posted a detailed thread about his buying experience. Oh, the photos!:

https://rennlist.com/forums/spyder-c...tom-order.html
Old 09-06-2023, 11:36 AM
SCMike
Rennlist Member

Default Register (Main Page) - Mod2 Update

Minor update to add more data on the two PTS Blues Brothers. Recall that this "Main Page" provides an overview summary of the ABM Spyders, while the "Addendum" provides more info on the option content and some current details (hopefully!) for each car.

Quick Reply: Aqua Blue Metallic Spyder Register Update