ELS
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by ELS; 05-20-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-18-2019, 09:27 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 267 Posts

Pictures of decibel meter used to determine hearing damage from said vibration?
Old 05-18-2019, 09:39 AM
ELS
Intermediate

Last edited by ELS; 05-20-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:49 AM
ELS
Intermediate

—11

Last edited by ELS; 05-20-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:40 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,840 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Do you ever fly in an airplane?
do you take your road trips at 30mph in 8th gear?
Old 05-19-2019, 03:07 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by ELS
I’m permitted to disclose this video from under the vehicle during the 1100-1500 rpm range. Connect the dots.
What video? And what would sound levels under the vehicle in the 1100-1500 RPM range have to do with anything? You don't hang under the vehicle while driving it right? You don't strap your children under the vehicle and drive around?

I think the solution has been presented to you by Porsche - sell them back the vehicle and then go find another brand and just move on with life. I'm always baffled when someone presents a situation they have made insolvable and ask us to give advice on it.

If you bought the vehicle new and it was or is under manufacturers warranty - certainly the number of times it's been to the dealership should be enough to trigger a "Lemon Law" buyback - which it sounds like Porsche is offering you. Take the money and go buy a Lexus. You'll never have an issue with it aside from trying to stay awake while driving it.

BTW - there is NO "app" I know of that would be certified to be used in court. The "app" results would be heavily influenced by the phone's microphones unless it uses a calibrated microphone that plugs into the USB port on the phone and is then converted from analog to digital. Your "lawyer" who won't let you release the results should know that. Makes me question how good a lawyer he might be...
Old 05-19-2019, 10:38 AM
ELS
Intermediate

[QUOTE=deilenberger;15850793]What video? And what would sound levels under the vehicle in the 1100-1500 RPM range have to do with anything? You don't hang under the vehicle while driving it right? You don't strap your children under the vehicle and drive around?

I think the solution has been presented to you by Porsche - sell them back the vehicle and then go find another brand and just move on with life. I'm always baffled when someone presents a situation they have made insolvable and ask us to give advice on it.

If you bought the vehicle new and it was or is under manufacturers warranty - certainly the number of times it's been to the dealership should be enough to trigger a "Lemon Law" buyback - which it sounds like Porsche is offering you. Take the money and go buy a Lexus. You'll never have an issue with it aside from trying to stay awake while driving it.

BTW - there is NO "app" I know of that would be certified to be used in court. The "app" results would be heavily influenced by the phone's microphones unless it uses a calibrated microphone that plugs into the USB port on the phone and is then converted from analog to digital. Your "lawyer" who won't let you release the results should know that. Makes me question how good a lawyer he might be...[/

Last edited by ELS; 05-20-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Mrg02D
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ELS
Perhaps I wasn’t clear, or you have a reading comprehension disability. The 84db level is from the inside of the cabin. Send me a private message, I’ll take you and your children for a ride. I’ll be wearing ear plugs. You and your children won’t. The dB levels, etc. was measured by 2 independent professionals. I’m not permitted to disclose their physical findings. However, even an app shows this serious and dangerous issue. This is my third Porsche, I’m pretty well versed. I can have the vehicle bought back immediately. However, I don’t want some unsuspecting person or family sustaining a permanent injury. It looks like your the type of person who only cares about $$.
Why subject yourself to the noise? Just get rid of it and let Porsche do it’s thing. If they try to sell it, let the next buyer hear the noise and decide.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:51 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,840 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Yawn
Old 05-19-2019, 10:58 AM
Slickdvl
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

Just sell back the car and get a new one - the dealership won’t be able to resell without fixing it. I wouldn’t get yourself overly concerned with that. Are you trying to get some kind of extra in damages from them?
Old 05-19-2019, 11:50 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

This is a 4 year old car right? Bought used?
Old 05-19-2019, 11:55 AM
jpru2001
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Slickdvl
Just sell back the car and get a new one - the dealership won’t be able to resell without fixing it. I wouldn’t get yourself overly concerned with that. Are you trying to get some kind of extra in damages from them?
If this is serious then yeah that is what he is doing. But I think its just a troll. They offered to buy the car back but he said No I am going to keep it and keep driving it and intentionally damage my hearing and the hearing of my children!!!!! That'll show em!
Old 05-19-2019, 11:57 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Deilenberger has made an excellent point. You've been offered a remedy but it is not enough, so you are here.

So far, no one has any alternate ideas for any sort of solution. I'd sell back to Porsche in a family minute if they were to offer it to me and I were in your shoes.

Am I right in that you feel that you don't want this issue sent on to someone else, with a family? When there are some guys out there that WANT loud, and obnoxious and pay good money for aftermarket systems, both intake/exhaust and sound, so they can voluntarily experience hearing-loss? Is that the issue you have if the vehicle is bought back?

I can totally understand that you want either the vehicle fixed or another one that has no issue, or to move on and never go with a Porsche(Cayenne) again.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:58 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jpru2001
If this is serious then yeah that is what he is doing. But I think its just a troll. They offered to buy the car back but he said No I am going to keep it and keep driving it and intentionally damage my hearing and the hearing of my children!!!!! That'll show em!
I have learned that Porsche owners are not exempt from some nuttiness, no way, no how. People are people, some just with more income/wealth than others.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:03 PM
jpru2001
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
I have learned that Porsche owners are not exempt from some nuttiness, no way, no how. People are people, some just with more income/wealth than others.

LOL just looked at a decibal chart and he is saying his car sounds like standing next to a blender. Skeptical hippo....

Quick Reply: MY DANGEROUS 2016 CAYENNE V6 37k