Default Take rate 991.1 C4S 7MT, glass sunroof etc

I'm hoping to find a used 991.1 2013-2014 C4S with the following options:

7MT
Glass Sunroof
Sport Chrono
Sport Exhaust
Heated Front Seats

To add to the fun I live in Canada.

Can any experts speak to how easy/difficult it would be to find this combination in this model years on the used market this year or next?
Was the take rate high for this configuration? I know with used 911's its hard to get the exact options you want but I'd be hard pressed to put so much money down and not tick all those boxes.
Most I see are PDK and if they have a sunroof its the metal one most of the time but thankfully haven't been looking that long.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:57 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Those ingredients do make a good car, I'd like to commend you on your taste. Good luck w your search, it should be doable.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:10 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Doable, but will take diligence and patience, and when you find the car, be ready to jump on it. I recommend checking all the major car sites daily until you find what you want.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:38 PM
Lucky991
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Doable, but will take diligence and patience, and when you find the car, be ready to jump on it. I recommend checking all the major car sites daily until you find what you want.
Good advice. It encouraged me and I took it to heart, followed to a "tee". Thank you. Happy to report "mission accomplished".

2015 Carrera 4S w/ 12,500 miles
7MT
Sport suspension w/ PASM
Sport Chrono
Glass sunroof
14-way standard seats w/ memory package
BOSE stereo

It was the only car I could find that had the EXACT options that I wanted so I had no choice but to move on it quickly. No sport exhaust but I am happy with the way the car sounds as is and I understand you can add it later if you really want. I way overshot my budget but I don't care. Everyone who commented on how good the 911 is is right; magazine numbers, YouTube videos, etc don't even begin to describe how amazing this grip machine is when you are behind the wheel. I've never been so deeply in love with a car before in my life. Its quiet and comfortable when you want to be and the sound it makes when its time to get down to business is incredible. The gearbox and clutch are perfect. And it stays planted and pulls like a train even way above legal speed limits and never breaks a sweat. I will never sell this car.

Have a bunch of questions but will save them for another post.

#neversell
#savethemanuals

Last edited by Lucky991; 04-19-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:26 PM
991.2 GTS
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Congrats, did you find it close to home or did you have to go south of the border?
Old 04-19-2019, 05:31 PM
Lucky991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991.2 GTS
Congrats, did you find it close to home or did you have to go south of the border?
About 1.5 hours away and dealership was located near a train station so picking up the car on my own was straightforward and the drive home long enough for me to figure her out and blow my freakin' mind forever.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:42 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Congrats!
Old 04-19-2019, 06:44 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats on your car
Old 04-19-2019, 07:51 PM
ahung
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Well done and congratulations!
Old 04-21-2019, 06:41 AM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this specification 991 except without the sunroof (which is my preference to keep the weight down)

MT for the 991.1 was only chosen by 7% of buyers, so a rare starting point. Sport chrono, MT and sport exhaust is a riotous combination. Other options like seat heating, Bose, and power steering assist just add to the comfort, making a car with these options a stunning mix of sport and grand touring ability ready for any kind of adventure from track weapon to GT cross country explorer. Good luck on the hunt.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:05 AM
Lucky991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
I have this specification 991 except without the sunroof (which is my preference to keep the weight down)

MT for the 991.1 was only chosen by 7% of buyers, so a rare starting point. Sport chrono, MT and sport exhaust is a riotous combination. Other options like seat heating, Bose, and power steering assist just add to the comfort, making a car with these options a stunning mix of sport and grand touring ability ready for any kind of adventure from track weapon to GT cross country explorer. Good luck on the hunt.
Agree with everything you said. I quickly realized the rarity of my preferred build and when one came up I took Cuda911's advice and jumped all over it. I now have it as per earlier posts in this thread!! I am over the moon, car has turned out to be everything I wanted it to be and more. I know I am lucky which is why I will never sell this car.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:05 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats it looks fantastic, especially the combination of silver with the dark glass and dark glass sunroof. Almost looks like Polar Silver available with the earlier 911’s.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:35 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky991
Good advice. It encouraged me and I took it to heart, followed to a "tee". Thank you. Happy to report "mission accomplished".

2015 Carrera 4S w/ 12,500 miles
7MT
Sport suspension w/ PASM
Sport Chrono
Glass sunroof
14-way standard seats w/ memory package
BOSE stereo

It was the only car I could find that had the EXACT options that I wanted so I had no choice but to move on it quickly. No sport exhaust but I am happy with the way the car sounds as is and I understand you can add it later if you really want. I way overshot my budget but I don't care. Everyone who commented on how good the 911 is is right; magazine numbers, YouTube videos, etc don't even begin to describe how amazing this grip machine is when you are behind the wheel. I've never been so deeply in love with a car before in my life. Its quiet and comfortable when you want to be and the sound it makes when its time to get down to business is incredible. The gearbox and clutch are perfect. And it stays planted and pulls like a train even way above legal speed limits and never breaks a sweat. I will never sell this car.

Have a bunch of questions but will save them for another post.

#neversell
#savethemanuals
Awesome - we have literally identical cars - except mine is black and now has more miles I also had to pay a few more bucks for the right build which was local to me but hey it's not really much in the grand scheme of things.

I've been running aftermarket headers on mine for the last year or so, and I think it actually sounds much better than PSE - some food for thought when you want more of that glorious sound.

And regarding the grip - wait until you really get used to the car. The first few drives it's really magical, but a whole new world opens up once you really start pushing it - it's such a capable platform.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:39 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Nice...I love to see MT lovers. Before you bombard the forum with questions search on what you want to know or just start reading threads, which is what I did well before I bought my 991.

And what's up with the guy who has no head?
Old 04-22-2019, 07:38 AM
browse964
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Similar to my find, but my list was different - I wanted MT C2 with PSE, metal sunroof and leather interior. Also in Canada.

Found my car at the same dealership you did and, like you, the only thing missing was PSE. Had it added before I picked up the car.

As amazing as your car is today, you won't believe the difference when you turn on the sport exhaust. Highly recommend adding it...

Quick Reply: Take rate 991.1 C4S 7MT, glass sunroof etc