Sponsored by:

Long time member, new 997 owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 02:56 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Long time member, new 997 owner

Picked her up Saturday from Porsche of Orlando, who were amazing to work with. It's a 2007, 64k miles, base, black on black with Bose and 14-ways, with sport chrono. Manual of course. The dealer did an oil change, replaced all the belts, new water pump, and new tires. So I'm set for quite a while for service. First mod is the headunit, already ordered the one I want with all the necessary adapters and accessories and should have it installed Saturday. Going to gundo hack it as well. Wheels will get upgraded in time, but I figure for now I'll just use up the new tires and get new wheels once the rear tires go. Also gotta get the stone guards removed, they look awful. Owning this car is a dream come true, from way back when I was 16 years old. It's living up to every expectation so far. Love it.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:06 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Outstanding!!

Congrats!!
Old 08-20-2018, 03:18 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts

Looking good. Enjoy every mile.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:44 PM
bstmusic
Instructor

Congratulations!
Old 08-20-2018, 04:07 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

Great car. Have a blast in it.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:17 PM
cannonball05
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice! Congrats!!!
Old 08-20-2018, 04:23 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Looking good. A great driver and ready to enjoy.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:00 PM
php
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats! Based on your signature I thought you already have the GT3 RS! Don't forget to replace with clear side markers, especially for a black car! Super cheap but nice mod!
Old 08-20-2018, 06:15 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

Congrats! Thats awesome. Couple comments from the peanut gallery:

- Headunit: I would recommend checking out the LaPower bluetooth unit before swapping out. I was set on getting a new headunit but LaPower does everything I want (bluetooth streaming, phone charging, hands free calling via factory controls). Ive come to appreciate the retro style and for $150 its by far the best ROI solution on the market.

- Gundo: a must have. its awesome. that was my first mod.

- Eibach springs: Eibachs give the 997 the perfect stance, and are an absolute must have base Carreras (i have one). It eliminates the dreaded 4x4 ride height and totally transforms the look of the car with 15mm spacers all around. You will also find it they improve handling and ride quality vs stock springs. Trust me on this one. You will thank me later.

- Interior mods: if your soft touch paint on the center console or AC ***** is trashed its pretty easy to fix.

- Standard wear items: the cars are very reliable (ive put 20k miles on mine in less than 2yrs as a DD) but a few typical wear items you will find at that mileage/age are a) coolant expansion tank can get brittle and crack. inspect it with a flashlight every month or two. and b) starter/alternator cable can build up resistance leading to slow starts.

Enjoy it.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:08 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Originally Posted by TheBruce
Congrats! Thats awesome. Couple comments from the peanut gallery:

- Headunit: I would recommend checking out the LaPower bluetooth unit before swapping out. I was set on getting a new headunit but LaPower does everything I want (bluetooth streaming, phone charging, hands free calling via factory controls). Ive come to appreciate the retro style and for $150 its by far the best ROI solution on the market.

- Gundo: a must have. its awesome. that was my first mod.

- Eibach springs: Eibachs give the 997 the perfect stance, and are an absolute must have base Carreras (i have one). It eliminates the dreaded 4x4 ride height and totally transforms the look of the car with 15mm spacers all around. You will also find it they improve handling and ride quality vs stock springs. Trust me on this one. You will thank me later.

- Interior mods: if your soft touch paint on the center console or AC ***** is trashed its pretty easy to fix.

- Standard wear items: the cars are very reliable (ive put 20k miles on mine in less than 2yrs as a DD) but a few typical wear items you will find at that mileage/age are a) coolant expansion tank can get brittle and crack. inspect it with a flashlight every month or two. and b) starter/alternator cable can build up resistance leading to slow starts.

Enjoy it.
Thanks for all the tips! Gundo is a definite must. I'm going to upgrade the headunit because I'd like to have Carplay and an overall cleaner look than PCM provides.

Thanks guys, much appreciate the sentiments

Old 08-21-2018, 10:43 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 783 Posts

Great looking car! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Long time member, new 997 owner