MAF sensor switch disconnected

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 09:13 PM
CF964
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF sensor switch disconnected

Dear rennlist community,

Originally i had been investigating my "no hot start after 30 min soak" issue.
The fuel pressure after bridging the fuel pump relays was slightly out of spec, but i would not assume this causes a no start:
cold test: 2.6 bar @ 20C ambient
hot pressure: 4.1 bar (spec 4.5)
Unfortunately i did not measure how long the system would hold the pressure, but i think it dropped below 1.2 bar within a matter of maybe 2-5 minutes, so i will replace the fuel accumulator next.

Nonetheless, after removing the intercooler, i realized that the connector for the MAF sensor switch had been disconnected (green/teal connector).
The amount of dust on the connector suggests that it has been in that condition for a while.
I tried to locate the wire that would connect to this switch, but couldn't find it. Where would i be able to find it? What is the impact of driving without that sensor switch connected? (i understand it can be disconnected to perform fuel pump tests with key in position 2 ).

Thank you for your advice!
Old 08-20-2018, 01:23 AM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Hello CF964

I am very sure the problem you have is the fuel accumulator. Change it that will solve your problem, As for the green connector, They are not connected on the 964 turbo's on pre 89 930 based cars, So will never find that wire.

Good luck my friend
Helio
Old 08-20-2018, 03:18 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by CF964
Nonetheless, after removing the intercooler, i realized that the connector for the MAF sensor switch had been disconnected (green/teal connector).
The amount of dust on the connector suggests that it has been in that condition for a while.
I tried to locate the wire that would connect to this switch, but couldn't find it. Where would i be able to find it? What is the impact of driving without that sensor switch connected? (i understand it can be disconnected to perform fuel pump tests with key in position 2 ).
Three connectors are on the same takeout: the sensor ground, overboost connector and the boost gauge sensor. Unless someone cut the boost gauge sensor connector off, it should be easy to find.
Having the boost gauge disconnected only means the boost won't be displayed in the LED readout in the speedo. It won't go above .7 bar so your running higher boost, it's useless anyway.

Quick Reply: MAF sensor switch disconnected