Sponsored by:

Need PPI recommendation in Boston area

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 07:39 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 529 Posts
Default Need PPI recommendation in Boston area

Just like the title states I need PPI rec for Boston area. EPE in Natick seems to be highly regarded in those parts but I think the car may have had a certain amount of work done there and I'm not sure if they would have a conflict of interest there. Its possible they're super professional and its not a problem and I'm open to that. I did a search on the topic and all of the threads on a PPI in Boston are at least a few years old and a large percentage point to EPE.
Anyways' I'm looking for some rec's or advice from current owners from that area. Thanks everyone.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:24 PM
kisik
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Kachel Motor Co.; German Performance Service; South Shore Autoworks; Auto Engineering; Autobahn Performance.
Run from EPE.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Why not EPE? just curious. Conflict of interest? Seller says hes a long term customer there for 10 years. I would like to think all auto shops have the highest integrity but I live in the real world. If there are problems with the car is the shop going to sell out a long term customer for $300 to an out of state guy? Dunno? I think I would prefer to go somewhere else even if they're the best. Car is near Lexington, Ma. If you had to pick one, which one?
Old 07-22-2018, 07:07 PM
devioustrap
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Highly recommend European Motorsport. https://www.yelp.com/biz/european-motorsport-dorchester
Old 07-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

No one else? Good experiences? bad?
Old 07-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 114 Posts

See Bill at EuroTech in Framingham - Porsche only indie.... http://www.eurotechracecars.com
Matt
Old 07-23-2018, 11:26 AM
bbinder
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Any of these. I use Autobahn - I started with them because they are the closest place to where I live and have been happy with their work and their honesty. When I sold my 1987 911, I had them perform a PPI prior to listing the car with Bring A Trailer. Even though I was a customer and they serviced the car, they were brutally honest in their assessment - they pointed out and listed every quirk and flaw. I had to respect this even though it may have cost me some money when the auction closed!

Old 07-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Caughtacab911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're still looking I can recommend Jim Mallette at Stuttgart Northeast in Danvers (Hathorne). Very convenient to Rt 95 and 1. He's serviced both of my 911s and is a bona fide expert. I especially like that he won't upsell some quasi-needed repair to make $ - he'll tell you it can wait or shouldn't be an issue. That builds trust (and *never* happens at the dealer). I work nearby and drive by his shop every day: nothing but P cars in the lot and bays. (Note: I have no affiliation).

Gene

Old 07-23-2018, 11:02 PM
inspectX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@prairiedawg: We have a Porsche tech in the Boston area who could travel out to the car for a two-hour PPI. Please let us know if we can help. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

I think I'm going with Bill Pfister with Euro Tech unless someone can give me a compelling reason not to. I like the fact he said the first thing on the inspection was to look for accident damage repair. He said if there was, there was no point in going further with the inspection. I can respect that. Not the least expensive but hopefully worth it.
Does anyone have recommendations on Must checks such as inspecting the oil filter etc. The car in question is a 2009 C4S with 40k miles on it?
Old 07-25-2018, 08:47 AM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by prairiedawg
I think I'm going with Bill Pfister with Euro Tech unless someone can give me a compelling reason not to. I like the fact he said the first thing on the inspection was to look for accident damage repair. He said if there was, there was no point in going further with the inspection. I can respect that. Not the least expensive but hopefully worth it.
Does anyone have recommendations on Must checks such as inspecting the oil filter etc. The car in question is a 2009 C4S with 40k miles on it?
Before I moved to CT Bill took care of all of my Porsche's. I'm confident he knows what to pay attention to. He's also a great guy, very willing to answer any / all questions.

Good luck and keep us posted

Matt
Old 09-16-2020, 12:44 PM
mikelee
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I know this thread has been dead for a while but wondering if you had a good experience or have other PPI recommendations in the Boston area.

I'm interested in getting a PPI on a 997.1 Turbo I see for sale at Porsche Norwell. There is an accident reported on the car fax; I'm a fan of the overall spec, but is an accident a deal breaker?

Quick Reply: Need PPI recommendation in Boston area