Sponsored By:

Cruise Control "issue??"

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 08:42 AM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Cruise Control "issue??"

A recent very long drive (1,000 miles) exposed what I think is a real flaw in my Cayenne. While the cruise control is fantastic at maintaining the right setting on flat ground it seems to fail miserably when it comes to any significant incline. With the cruise control set at 75 (Speed limit of 70) it will drop down to the upper 60's before it downshifts to maintain speed. The system in my Carrera S seems to drop no more than a mile or two before it starts compensating. While I realize that this is not a world class problem it is a pain in the rear end nonetheless as in heavy traffic you very quickly go from normal flow to holding things up. I've tried "Sport Mode" and that doesn't help. If I remember to pay attention to the terrain I can manually downshift and that helps but doesn't really solve the issue.

Maybe this is part and parcel of the V6 TT but I am kinda curious if the diesels and the V8 have a similar issue??

PS: It is going in for service when I get home but I am guessing that I am going to be told everything is "OK".
Old 07-13-2018, 01:10 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

This is a long thread but I think is related to your symptoms:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-of-power.html
Old 07-13-2018, 04:59 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

I have adaptive cruise on my '11 Turbo - and it never varies more than 1MPH if it's not tracking a car in front of it (ie - working like "normal" cruise control.) Something is wrong if yours behaves like that.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:11 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
This is a long thread but I think is related to your symptoms:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-of-power.html

Thanks.. I think I had seen that before but did not read far enough and thought they were focusing on it occurring all the time and that was not my case... However after reading the entire thread I realize that it was very similar to what I was seeing on my car when I went up a hill ... after reading the whole things I found I could duplicate the issue a number of times on flat ground..... so thank you very much for the link...

Gonna take the info to the dealer tomorrow for the car's two year service and see if they can't get it straightened out....
Old 07-15-2018, 09:55 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Hope it all works out. I believe the issue is specific to V6 TT engines. It will be easier to explain to the technician if you are able to video the lack of boost
Old 07-15-2018, 11:18 PM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Looks like mine is the first MY16 CTT 4.8 to have this issue

Thank you for this recent post as well as thanks fior the old MY 15/16 GTS/S post link .

just noticed the lack of boost recently, will do some tests and take videos as suggested
mad it is my first TT coming from a CS as well as I only have this CPO 8 months / 6K Km ago.
i did not catch on the 0.0 boost most of the time and only when pushed hard that I can see 0.5 bar at times
Thanks again for enlightenment .

Quick Reply: Cruise Control "issue??"