Originally Posted by monstaR
I would get the 991.2 GT3 in manual
Seems to be the view here as well.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:28 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmagog
nah - bunch of "keyboard warriors" - that's all. Although being called moronic was interesting. So to further qualify the question seeing as it appears that some might not have understood its intent.

Here in Australia the price difference between a .2GT3 and 911R is shrinking in a big way. This means that the "step up" to an R is (which there are a few for sale) is between US100k to US$150k.

Having just purchased the GT4 and having not had a manual for a long time I was thinking about life after the GT4. One might add the GT4RS (rumored) into the mix too.

A friend and I out for a drive
Wow 997RS 4.0 !!! Beautiful.
Are you in Melbourne and is that David D's car ?
I too have a GT4, it really is a brilliant car.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:59 AM
Catmagog
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup DD and I went to play on Sunday. I am so impressed with the GT4 and its great to be back in a manual. Pushed it quite hard on "b to c" grade roads and it was brilliant
Old 07-25-2017, 05:21 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Yup DD and I went to play on Sunday. I am so impressed with the GT4 and its great to be back in a manual. Pushed it quite hard on "b to c" grade roads and it was brilliant
Good to see you enjoying it, say hi to David from JimTT on PFA.
Good luck on deciding on which car to purchase.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:35 AM
Catmagog
Instructor

Originally Posted by James88
Good to see you enjoying it, say hi to David from JimTT on PFA.
Good luck on deciding on which car to purchase.
Will do mate
Old 07-25-2017, 10:37 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

I think it is a question that will become more and more relevant as real world drivers get their hands on them and potentially the touted touring edition.. . I have and will continue to do so for myself. Focused on a GT2.2 now as its attainable for which the available R's and their premium here in Australia cant be justified....yet. Again personal opinion.

But Im with you, at some point potentially, the price difference will be much closer and so it becomes more relevant when the opportunity/choice is presented.

Ive optioned up a GT3 manual and will be close to $420K AUD. Being honest Id jump on a R if a nice spec got closer to $500+ ish. (may never happen but).. 9 Months ago I would have paid more for one, but now being much closer to the .2, I've lowered what a R is worth to me.

Line up a gt3 and Ill join you at the coffee "play" place one day
Old 07-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,773 Likes on 925 Posts

Driver: 3
Collector: R
Old 07-25-2017, 01:12 PM
Mooserds
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Ive optioned up a GT3 manual and will be close to $420K AUD.
With $AUD being about .755 to $USD that means your spec is roughly $317K USD for a GT3 down under. I guess we should not be complaining about ADM $ in the US.

That certainly gets an Aussie GT3 closer to R money.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:24 PM
CYKBC
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
lol my brother is the slapper
Old 07-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Catmagog
Instructor

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
I think it is a question that will become more and more relevant as real world drivers get their hands on them and potentially the touted touring edition.. . I have and will continue to do so for myself. Focused on a GT2.2 now as its attainable for which the available R's and their premium here in Australia cant be justified....yet. Again personal opinion.

But Im with you, at some point potentially, the price difference will be much closer and so it becomes more relevant when the opportunity/choice is presented.

Ive optioned up a GT3 manual and will be close to $420K AUD. Being honest Id jump on a R if a nice spec got closer to $500+ ish. (may never happen but).. 9 Months ago I would have paid more for one, but now being much closer to the .2, I've lowered what a R is worth to me.

Line up a gt3 and Ill join you at the coffee "play" place one day
My thought process as well. I really like this one https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/d...14391830/?Cr=2

I know it can be had for high 7's at the moment. There is also a private one for mid 7's (real price not advertised price). I am convinced in 2018 they will be in the low to mid 6's and hence going to be interesting to see as I dont think one will pick up a GT3 Manual for under low to mid 4's anytime soon.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:04 PM
Catmagog
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nizer
Problem is I like to drive them "hard" and dont really care about kms but something about an LE car appeals
Old 07-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Problem is I like to drive them "hard" and dont really care about kms but something about an LE car appeals
i collected new tires for mine this week.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:32 PM
Catmagog
Instructor

Flipping awesome. Great to see.

How do you like it overall?
Old 07-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Flipping awesome. Great to see.

How do you like it overall?
Honestly, I think it's fantastic, and that's why I have no concerns about mileage, useage etc. I won't be selling. It's slotted straight into my keeper list, and I've added 800km since pic above.

The value thing is done to death on here, but the truth is the R and the GT3(S) are different cars. The GT3 does not replace, or undermine the R in any way, as a car (ignoring 'market fluctuations', real or otherwise).

The R was designed to be different from the GT3(RS) cars, and it does that very well,,given they are all 911s. It's a hot rod, that moves around more, is lighter, more responsive and IMO, much more fun on the road, because its limits are lower. It's noisier, feedback is better and it's less visually obtrusive. It was meant to be a different direction from the GT3, and so it is.

The .2GT3 is an enhancement on previous GT3s, so if anything is further away form the R, not closer to it. A manual box doesn't make all cars the same!

A friend of mine, who posts here,has owned multiple 991 RS, and GT3s, and has just spent many hours in the .2GT3, and confirms it is not like an R, which he also owns

I'm not even going to say one is better than the other - they are different, so it's up to the individual. (I'll admit to thinking if the new engine was in the R, it would be even better, but that doesn't make it any less exciting as a thing on its own merits, just as the new engine hasn't made .1RS suddenly any less of a car).

Quick Reply: 911R or GT3 Manual