Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

SOLD: 4-spoke Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel (black leather)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:46 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default SOLD: 4-spoke Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel (black leather)

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price (no $ sign please): $585
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 986, 993, 996, Other Marques
Location (Region): NorCal
Item Condition: Used

SOLD

To see a slideshow with many more pictures, click on the following link:
http://img4.imageshack.us/slideshow/...=img4080fu.jpg

Items are sold on first come, first serve basis.

I am very sad to part with this, but the old girl needs to raise some money in to upgrade her engine.

Along with better wheels and suspension this is one of my favorite upgrades on my 1999 996. The steering wheel is much fatter and sturdier than stock. It doesn’t flex like the stock wheel, and gives the driver much more confidence with better finger recesses and thumb catches. While some prefer the 3 spoke wheel, I prefer the look of the 4 spoke better. I’m also hooked to carbon fiber. This is a must have if you are too (or just want a little more bling).

My car’s interior is metropole blue. The black wheel leather works fine with that color, and I am guessing it would work well with other interior colors as well.

Installation is recommended by a professional, but can be done if you are a competent DIY’er. Keep in mind you are dealing with an airbag. There are two torx screws that secure the airbag that are removed from behind the wheel. Then you remove the airbag carefully (disconnect your battery first). Next you remove the 24mm nut in the center. And then disconnect the horn and airbag wires. Here’s the tricky part. You have to pull the wheel off towards you, however the new wheel has to go on in identically the same splines/grooves you remove it from, otherwise the wheel will not center and you’ll have to remove and reinstall the wheel again. Make some visual reference points, or even marks on both wheels and the center spline to help. Tighten down the center nut, then transfer the airbag/horn frame from your old wheel, reconnect the wires, and then reinstall the airbag.

This wheel may fit many Carrera’s or Boxsters including 993, 986, 996 years 1997-2004 and possibly even other models. Please consult Porsche documentation for fitment information.

Your purchase includes:

P/N 993347981078YR (black leather) Carbon Fiber 4 spoke steering wheel retails for $1235.51

$585 for the steering wheel. It is in superb condition and I can’t even find any blemishes in it. The airbag, nor the airbag/horn frame are included with the sale (you will transfer those items from your car).

SHIPPING & HANDLING POLICY
FREE GROUND shipping and handling to ship this item via UPS or FedEx to lower 48 continental US addresses only.

For ALL other shipping methods or destinations you will need to pay the entire shipping cost, please inquire with your shipping address to get a shipping quote (example Hawaii, Alaska, or International) – in these cases you will be required to pay for the entire shipping cost. UPS Ground takes 2-7 business days in transit depending on your location. The wheel will ship within 24 hours of full payment. A tracking number will be sent to you via email when the item ships. I ship extremely fast, sometimes within hours of having received payment. Please inquire about other shipping methods before bidding. I reserve the right to substitute shipping methods, for example FedEx or even hand carry if you live close enough.

International customers, please inquire with your mailing address if you are SERIOUSLY interested (please don’t spin my wheels unless you are really interested because it takes time and effort to work out the logistics). I will ship internationally if you pay for the shipping which varies drastically based on method and destination. Upon delivery you may also be responsible to pay duties, taxes, customs, or other fees which your country requires for import of used automotive parts.

RETURN/REFUND POLICY
All sales are final on this item. Item(s) are sold as pictured.

PAYMENT OPTIONS
To get your item shipped quickly, payment via paypal is highly preferred.

TAX
Since this is equivalent to a "garage sale" item, I do not collect tax, even for California sales. However you may be responsible to pay use tax depending on where you live.

Last edited by logray; 10-15-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Just a note that this part is not cheap "stick on carbon" like you see on ebay. It is the real deal, carbon fiber woven onto the part then covered in clear poly direct from the factory. Should last forever.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:29 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Price reduced to $700.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:13 AM
bugkiller930
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who wrapped the carbon on the steering wheel? Look real nice.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:12 AM
logray
Three Wheelin'

I was told it was Porsche OEM.

It is definitely excellent quality craftsmanship regardless.

Quick Reply: SOLD: 4-spoke Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel (black leather)