Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

SOLD: Evolution Motorsports V-Flow Cold Air Intake CAI

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:46 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default SOLD: Evolution Motorsports V-Flow Cold Air Intake CAI

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price (no $ sign please): $350
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996, 997
Location (Region): NorCal
Item Condition: Used

SOLD

Thanks Dan!

To see a slideshow with many more pictures, click on the following link:
http://img571.imageshack.us/slidesho...=img4204ec.jpg

Items are sold on first come, first serve basis.

In order to raise money for an upcoming engine upgrade, I am selling my EVOMS CAI. It has been installed on my car for about 2 years. It has been cleaned inside and out and the filter element washed and given a light spray of filter oil. If you’re not into filter oil, you can purchase a K&N filter kit and clean it again and let it dry.

The part number on the bottom is 997. Oddly enough, it fits fine in my 1999 996. I think it is actually for a 997, so I believe it will fit any 996 or 997. More evidence that this is for a 997 is that the cold air port does not line up exactly with the opening in the engine lid as does the stock box, but it is close enough, since the opening for the filter does not form a perfect seal against the lid anyways (the lid is not flat underneath). Nor is the seal/port between the intake hose and airbox air tight. So it is sorta a “warm air intake” anyways even if the cold air port lined up perfectly, it’s still going to draw some of the air in from the engine bay by design.

Installation is very simple, but you need to be 100% positive you get a good tight seal on the throttle body hose! I replaced a lot of the stainless hose clamps to larger better ones in order to help keep a good seal and aid installation. You might have to fidget around with the position of the clamps and tubes in order to get a good fit, as it is pretty tight once you have it dialed in.

In order to swap this with your airbox, you basically have to unscrew the airbox bolt, loosen the throttle body hose, unclip your MAF wire and remove your existing airbox. Next you transfer the MAF over to the new v-flow intake. In order to remove the MAF you will need a torx T15 security bit if I remember right. The new intake just requires an allen head to tighten the MAF down. Be careful not to touch any of the MAF wires and ensure that the MAF lines up correctly (it can only bolt in one way). Installation is reverse of the above. Again, BE SURE to get a good seal on the hose going into the throttle body. You don’t want a leak in this area otherwise the engine will be drawing in unfiltered air. I found it easiest to make that hose connection first before tightening down the bolt that secures the airbox to the frame.

The only “blemishes” apparent on the box are not really noticeable once it is installed. On the rear of the box there is a circular imprint that was made by the A/C pulley because I forgot to install the bolt that holds the box in place The box rubbed against the hot pulley for a certain number of miles and melted a little bit. Ooops. Anyways, it’s just cosmetic damage and did not melt through the box, nor does it inhibit the function of the main intake feed (which is closed loop anyways between filter and throttle body).

When you are installing you can poke your head in between the airbox and the engine to make sure there is ample clearance, as long as it doesn’t touch or rub it is fine. The only other thing missing is the “evolution motorsports” stainless “branding plate”. It goes where the two stainless bolts are next to the oil filler tube bracket. When I took the unit apart to clean it I misplaced this plaque somewhere. If I find it I will mail it to you. Anyways if I can’t find the plaque at least you’ll have less hassle from police or SMOG technicians – which of course this is a perfectly legal upgrade – not that they’ll know what they are looking at anyways…

Asking $350 (firm). The CAI comes to you pre-assembled, so all you should have to do is drop it in and smile when you press hard on the gas pedal and get some more go fast noises under the hood.

SHIPPING & HANDLING POLICY
FREE GROUND shipping and handling to ship this item via UPS or FedEx to lower 48 continental US addresses only.

For ALL other shipping methods or destinations you will need to pay the entire shipping cost, please inquire with your shipping address to get a shipping quote (example Hawaii, Alaska, or International) – in these cases you will be required to pay for the entire shipping cost. UPS Ground takes 2-7 business days in transit depending on your location. The chains will ship within 24 hours of full payment. A tracking number will be sent to you via email when the item ships. I ship extremely fast, sometimes within hours of having received payment. Please inquire about other shipping methods before bidding. I reserve the right to substitute shipping methods, for example FedEx or even hand carry if you live close enough.

International customers, please inquire with your mailing address if you are SERIOUSLY interested (please don’t spin my wheels unless you are really interested because it takes time and effort to work out the logistics). This is a bulky item and it will very expensive to ship internationally. I will ship internationally if you pay for the shipping which varies drastically based on method and destination. Upon delivery you may also be responsible to pay duties, taxes, customs, or other fees which your country requires for import of used automotive parts.

RETURN/REFUND POLICY
All sales are final on this item. Item(s) are sold as pictured.

PAYMENT OPTIONS
To get your item shipped quickly, payment via paypal is highly preferred. Payment or initial communication from the winning bidder must be received within 24 hours otherwise I reserve the right to relist the item.

TAX
I do not collect tax, even for California sales. However you may be responsible to pay use tax depending on where you live.

Last edited by logray; 10-03-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:27 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Price reduced to $350.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

SOLD

Thanks Dan!

Quick Reply: SOLD: Evolution Motorsports V-Flow Cold Air Intake CAI