Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 CAYMAN GT4 AVAILABLE SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:40 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 20
Color: White
Price (no $ sign please): $104425
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
John, was the car titled to the original owner or did he not take title to the car? I'm not a big fan of charging over MSRP but at least this is better than what the CA dealerships are trying to charge. Maybe because I'm buying a GT4 with a small premium I'm biased, but this is within reason in terms of pricing. $20k+ over MSRP....hell no. Good luck on the sale John and please don't stop posting your inventory on here.
Thank you USC, unfortunately the car will show a first owner. I definitely won't stop posting our inventory, we try to bring the most unique offerings to the table as most of you have seen. I have sold most of the cars that I offer here to some really great guys that I have met here and continue to have great relationships with them. $20k over for anything is obscene, I agree.. I don't set pricing here, just a messenger that saw an opportunity to be the one to bring them to this community and will continue to do so.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:46 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
IMO you would be better off. From personal experience, I was in the market for a car. I love forums to get some great info and intel. After looking for months and deciding what I wanted to get I finally purchased my current car. I specifically chose not to give you guys the business for the practice you have on this forum of charging (or should I say asking) exorbitant retails. You are right. It is capitalism, you are a business, you can do whatever you want. For me it specifically changed my mind and I chose to decide with my wallet. I took my money elsewhere. So for me you would have been better off not showing all these over MSRP deals you have. I am quite confident I am not the only one in this boat, but if I am who cares.
Out of all of the cars I've posted here I can only remember maybe 3 that we have asked a premium... 918, GT3, and this car. Again, I ask. Whom would I be doing the disservice to by not Offering?
Old 07-27-2015, 10:53 PM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

MSRP = manufacturers suggested retail price. Any read the second word; "suggested"?

Sour grapes do not taste very good...

GLWS - If someone wants one great, if not, Porsche seems committed to making this a long run.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:56 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GUYS - From someone who has been in John shoes --The man pays his own money to be here btw so lets be respectful.

Damn here I go...

Come on guys are we really squawking about $10k on a GT4? Let's put on our big boy pants.

He is right he doesn't have to spend his money and post his fine inventory and just sell them to "ups" walking in the service isle.. what a disservice this man does to us all!!!

We actually get to see the mkt being made in front of us. To ME that is some info on what is going on in the mkt since I'm not in a showroom any longer.

He said it before "Asking prices is a starting point, offers buy cars."

If you get a white cayenne turbo send me a pm btw I have a deal. prefer a nice interior and good options '12 or '13.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:58 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I believe the implication from goin2drt is that you are doing yourself and your dealership a disservice.

Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that nobody cares about the big picture any more; in this case not the dealer and not the line of people out the door lining up to throw their money away.

As another poster in another forum suggested, it's like buying at MSRP and throwing the other $10K into a fire. Would anyone rationally do that? No, but for some reason giving it to the dealer is OK.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:00 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

I have really been considering selling my 10' GT3 and picking up a GT4 if possible... Soon tempting.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:02 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by German_Saint
GUYS - From someone who has been in John shoes --The man pays his own money to be here btw so lets be respectful.

Damn here I go...

Come on guys are we really squawking about $10k on a GT4? Let's put on our big boy pants.

He is right he doesn't have to spend his money and post his fine inventory and just sell them to "ups" walking in the service isle.. what a disservice this man does to us all!!!

We actually get to see the mkt being made in front of us. To ME that is some info on what is going on in the mkt since I'm not in a showroom any longer.

He said it before "Asking prices is a starting point, offers buy cars."

If you get a white cayenne turbo send me a pm btw I have a deal. prefer a nice interior and good options '12 or '13.
Um, I pay my own money to be here too. Most of us do.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:10 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts
Default 2016 CAYMAN GT4 AVAILABLE

I mean take a step back - 997RS selling for 2x msrp and people paying and going crazy

People have had cheap debt thrown into their bank accounts and businesses for 5 years now - people getting these silly IPO valuations and paying 3m in cash for a dump 3 bedroom house in SF that was worth 900k 4 yrs ago

This guy wants to make $10k on a cool car - it just is what it is in this market

Build up your war chest cause the financial market pain is a coming and when it does I'll be a buyer again
Old 07-27-2015, 11:12 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

To those that are upset about the price don't buy the car. If you want one then wait or find another one at the price you are comfortable with paying. The analogy of water and a GT4 is ludicrous. I don't believe anyone has ever died because they were denied a PORSCHE. Look at all the GT cars selling for way more than their original MSRP years later with tens of thousands of miles. They are listed on here everyday with the original sticker often shown with a price that is significantly less than the current market/asking price.

I don't agree with saying exactly "stfu", however, this is not the appropriate place to voice your concerns about the cost of this car. As was stated, you should start another posting in a different forum and reference this one. Many people post on Pelican for this very reason, they don't' want people posting nonsense that has nothing to do with the car for sale. If someone has $100K to spend on a Porsche they most likely are a somewhat smart person in life. To that end, they understand how free markets work and participate if the urge moves them.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:16 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

They sell everything they list and rarely do I see them lower the asking price.

It is uncouth to comment when another gentleman is trying to do good business.

We could list the fraud that takes place in the industry or the perceived reputation of car dealers.

Great - I'm a car guy also.. must be a POS right? Man, I hope not. I really try my best to create jobs and reinvest into all my LLC's.

Asking for X dollars is neither wrong nor dealing in bad faith. That is the price to get the car TODAY - NOW. Ever pay fedex for something tomorrow?

This whole building a customer base.. son it's a free mkt. Call and place a PTS build if you want a relationship.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:22 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 546 Posts

10K Premium for a new GT4? Seems fine when you compare to the folks wanting a premium (taxes, sundries, food, insurance, gas, and inconveniences) for track whored 991 GT3s at 30-40 over MSRP.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:34 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,832 Likes on 4,793 Posts

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
Out of all of the cars I've posted here I can only remember maybe 3 that we have asked a premium... 918, GT3, and this car. Again, I ask. Whom would I be doing the disservice to by not Offering?
John,

You have nothing to apologize for.

This is all about pricing power.

Right now, you (the seller) has it. At least vis-a-vis the GT4.

In other cases, we (the buyer) have it. Such as with a on-the-lot TTS.

For those who are berating you for (gasp!) asking a quote-unquote premium over MSRP, those same individuals should think twice before trying to bargain for a quote-unquote discount from MSRP for a hard to move vehicle, like the TTS.

GLWS.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:48 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

odd that the original buyer just didn't take it and flip himself.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:55 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 880 Likes on 365 Posts

This thread makes me laugh. Porsche of North Houston is a terrific dealership with a great inventory of specialty P-cars. If the price is to high...move along. There really is no point in criticizing his prices and like he said he's open to offers. I have spoken to John a few times and he knows his business and is very professional.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:57 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. Stunning car. And someone will be very pleased to own this machine.

Quick Reply: 2016 CAYMAN GT4 AVAILABLE SOLD