Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 1997 993 Turbo - Special Wishes - Rare

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 02:16 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 1997 993 Turbo - Special Wishes - Rare

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 14000
Color: Ocean Blue Metallc
Price (no $ sign please): $329000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

1997 Porsche Twin Turbo "Special Wishes"

This is the rarest of the rare in Porsche. 1997 “Special Wishes” Turbo. All factory options and 1 of only 2 in the world in this configuration.

It will be on display and for sale at the Porsche 70th Anniversary event in Atlanta October 26-28.

WP0ZZZ99ZVS370087

The 993 Twin Turbo is all factory coded with the following options:

Turbo S rear quarters
Factory S power package (X50)
Factory front RSR/GT2 Splitter
Sports seats with hard back color coded
Carbon Fiber interior
Yellow seat belts
Yellow calipers

Ocean Blue Metallic with Black interior
23,000 klm (14,000 miles)

Option Codes:
XE7 Extra oil cooler for 993 Turbo S
139 Seat Heating - Left
340 Seat heating - Right
373 Left Sport Seat w/ Power Height Adjuster
374 Right Sport Seat w/ Power Height Adjuster
454 Automatic speed control
650 Sunroof
X50 Power package Turbos
X54 Dual Chrome Exhaust Pipes
X79: Side air vents
545 92-litre fuel tank
315 MHz anti-theft system
09991 (Special Wish / Exclusive Program)

Contact us for more info. rw@atlantismotorgroup.com 800-935-9590

Old 09-19-2018, 02:50 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

So, to clarify, this is a regular 993 Turbo that had Turbo S options factory installed when it was originally built?
Old 09-19-2018, 03:28 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
So, to clarify, this is a regular 993 Turbo that had Turbo S options factory installed when it was originally built?
That's pretty close to accurate, although it has some non turbo S options as well. And of course it has the regular turbo tail.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:18 PM
Kevin5236
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

This exterior finish is wonderful. So is the car... WOW!

GLWS!
Old 09-20-2018, 05:01 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 167 Posts

Wasn't this car for sale here a few months ago or is this another?
Old 09-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 683 Likes on 287 Posts

Deja vu...

Is the leather on the seats original to the car?
Old 09-21-2018, 02:45 AM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd like to see the sticker for this one showing all the custom options. =)

If its originally built like this from the factory... WOW! absolutely stunning.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:15 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by raclaims
Wasn't this car for sale here a few months ago or is this another?

Same car, new pictures and a new price.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:12 AM
jms935
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I’m a bit obtuse, so please clarify this for me. If a car is originally spec’d to be built as a Turbo S, how does it not become a Turbo S model? This is a concundrum that I’m not following. It’s technically a standard 993 TT that has all of the options of a Turbo S, but it’s not a Turbo S? How confusing if so. That’s a new one to me. I don’t get it. Someone educate me please.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:37 AM
NBoost
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

It's basically the equivalent of what was/is called a package car on a Turbo 3.6.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:57 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 409 Posts

Wow ...very cool car..
I don't recall seeing an exclusive order referred to as special package.
It also has the euro lights on the front fenders. Was it a European build car?
GLWS
Old 09-22-2018, 08:45 AM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jms935
Maybe I’m a bit obtuse, so please clarify this for me. If a car is originally spec’d to be built as a Turbo S, how does it not become a Turbo S model? This is a concundrum that I’m not following. It’s technically a standard 993 TT that has all of the options of a Turbo S, but it’s not a Turbo S? How confusing if so. That’s a new one to me. I don’t get it. Someone educate me please.
Porsche has a department called Special Wishes or Exclusive. For VIP’s. The option codes 09990 and/or 09991 designate that a car has been to the Special Wishes department. A car is pulled off the production line and can be customized by the factory to a customers specifications. This car was on the production line as a regular twin turbo. It was sent to Special Wishes where the customer wanted to make it as you see it. It has most of what a turbo S has, but more, and it has the regular twin turbo tail, not the turbo S tail. In person, it is perhaps the most beautiful Porsche I’ve ever seen. Absolutely spectacular.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:56 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Rennlister Richard Galway was recently looking for a PTS 993 Turbo. You should ping him. GLWS.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:47 AM
jms935
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AMG USA

Porsche has a department called Special Wishes or Exclusive. For VIP’s. The option codes 09990 and/or 09991 designate that a car has been to the Special Wishes department. A car is pulled off the production line and can be customized by the factory to a customers specifications. This car was on the production line as a regular twin turbo. It was sent to Special Wishes where the customer wanted to make it as you see it. It has most of what a turbo S has, but more, and it has the regular twin turbo tail, not the turbo S tail. In person, it is perhaps the most beautiful Porsche I’ve ever seen. Absolutely spectacular.
Which is the exact same process that the Turbo S goes through, none of them are made at the factory. Special Wishes became the Exclusive Department way before 1997. Unless they decided not to designate it a Turbo S model simply because it lacked having the complete package because it lacked the proper “S” tail, I still don’t folllow it at all. When you’ve selected enough of the components that make up the Turbo S package, that’s the model name it should’ve been given. That’s what common sense would tell you. Just because it had additional extra parts ordered with it are inconsequential as to whether this should’ve been designated an “S” or not, it simply would’ve been an “S” with additional Exclusive options.

I tend to think that this lacked the proper Turbo S monicker based on Porsche’s ordering process. The Turbo S was a full package spec’d out by Porsche, it allowed the buyer to check just one box when ordering it. If this buyer did that they would’ve had a Turbo S. Instead, the original buyer got ‘cute’ with the ordering process and checked every individual option’s box that was offered within the Turbo S package except for the tail, and then also proceeded to check several other boxes as well, but left the Turbo S model box unchecked. At the end of all of this a la carte ordering, they had checked every individual box that makes up the Turbo S package but one, while also checking many others, but the option box for the entire Turbo S package itself was still left unchecked. As rigid as this might sound, and this is just my interpretation of what happened, but this never got the designation of a Turbo S model simply because they didn’t order it as the full check one box here package. It’s being very rigid, if you don’t check this box then you don’t get it’s model designation. I would say Porsche royally screwed up on this car when it came to properly labeling it.

I am very familiar with this process. I own a very early 1984 porsche 930 WLS, which was before they even offered the “S” package. The WLS package eventually became the Turbo S model in 1986. They offered all of the same parts for it that were later offered on the Turbo S model when it allowed you to order it by checking just one box, but there was no specific model designation for it as of yet in 1984 (other than WLS which isn’t really a model name), so everything was offered a la carte. As in check each box that you want. Kind of like how the original owner for this car ordered theirs, they wanted to individually select each option. That’s why there’s no specific consistency to the very early WLS cars, because each option was a la carte, not check this box here and you’ll get this full package comprised of all of these different parts.

That’s my hypothesis on it, I think Porsche messed up by being so rigid as to not designate it an “S” simply because the “S” box was left unmarked. Which means it’s probably not quite worth “S” money unfortunately. To Porsche’s and the original owner’s credit though, they didn’t realize these cars would be worth so much fast forward all these years later. That an “S” here or there has any real impact on value wasn’t a contemplation in any of their minds back then. With all of the options on this car it should’ve been designated a Turbo S, and thus would bring Turbo S money and then some for the additional Exclusive options it also has on it. Instead, even with having more options on it than most Turbo S’, I doubt it’ll ever bring full Turbo S money. Because the rarified crowd that collects these cars will only spend the $ when it comes with the “S” on it.

That’s the only way I can make sense of this...Take it for what it’s worth, as it’s just one guy’s opinion. It’s a great car though either way, with or without the “S” I absolutely love it.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:17 AM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

jms935, that is a fantastic analysis, and it makes sense as to how this was ordered. In my opinion (and of course I'm biased as I own the car), the rarity should make it more valuable than a Turbo S. Of course I know that's not the case. I do think that the regular turbo tail combined with the S quarters makes this look better than a Turbo S (one man's opinion). However the "New" 993 Turbo that Porsche just built has the same thing:

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 1997 993 Turbo - Special Wishes - Rare