Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 2015 991.1 GTS Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 04:24 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts
Default FS: 2015 991.1 GTS Coupe

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 12700
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Sapphire Blue Metallic
VIN: WP0AB2A99FS125308
Price (no $ sign please): $116000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I think I may have breached my limited tech abilities with my original 3-part listing, but I'll give this a shot. I apologize in advance if I have to edit all three in order to make the price change clear.

Whatever I know and feel about this particular car, for all of you guys it remains simply a 2015 991.1 GTS for sale in the marketplace. I have left it sitting in the garage because if I start driving it again I will gin up another fantasy about keeping it. I'd estimate that MSRP + the upgrades means an investment of about US$155,000 in what, for some people, should be just about a perfect GTS. I'm dropping the price by US$6k to the following, still including everything in the original listing here on Rennlist: New Price is: US$118,900.

Detailed Description in Two Parts

Part One:Detailed Description of this GTS:

1. [991140] 911 Carrera GTS Rear-Wheel Drive Coupe
2. [N1] Sapphire Blue Metallic
3. [BA] All Natural Leather interior- Black/Garnet Red. This Natural Leather covers nearly every surface to include the entire dashboard- front, top all the way to the defroster vents, sides/endcaps, dash speakers, Sport Chrono, air vent surrounds; full door panels as well as rear side panels, instrument-surround, sun visors, rear seat backs and bottoms, rear center console. Natural leather is a significant and noticeable upgrade from the type of leather used by Porsche in any application that does not specifically state that the leather is Natural Leather. In this car, both the black and garnet red are Natural Leather. In addition to the Natural Leather there is contrasting Garnet Red stitching along the edge of the defroster vents (next to the windshield), surrounding the dash-top speaker vents, surrounding the Sport Chrono area, along the top front edge of the dash, surrounding the air-vent slats, on the dash end caps, along the caps of the doors and continuing under the rear side windows.
4. [250] PDK Transmission
5. [276] Auto Dimming Mirrors
6. [342] Seat Heating- Front
7. [449] 20” Turbo S Center Lock Wheels in Black (See #46 below re Tools for CL Wheels)
8. [425] Rear Wiper
9. [509] Fire Extinguisher
10. [541] Seat Ventilation (Front)
11. [581] Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
12. [583] Smoking Package
13. [653] Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
14. [714] Deletion of Alcantara
15. [840] SportDesign Steering Wheel
16. [911] Model Designation “911”
17. [970] Two-Tone Interior
18. [P3K] Burmester Audio Package
19. [XAJ] Side Skirts Painted
20. [XHS] Rear Center Tunnel in Leather with Decorative Stitching
21. [XMP] Sun Visors in Leather
22. [XNG] Instrument Surround in Leather
23. [XYB] Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish
24. [XYG] Center Console Trim Painted (Sapphire Blue Metallic)
25. [EER] Interior Package Painted i.c.w. Leather Interior (Sapphire Blue Metallic)
26. [CDN] Air Vent Slats Painted (Sapphire Blue Metallic)
27. [CEE] Rear Footwell Lighting
28. [CNG] Rear Fascia Painted
29. [CPE] Leather Key Pouch
30. [CXM] Door Panel in Leather
31. [CZW] Dashboard Trim in Leather
32. [ZAB] Ornamental Porsche Crest
Attached Images           

Last edited by kwikit356; 10-07-2017 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Price Drop to $116,000.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:30 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Detailed Description in Two Parts

Part Two: Description of Enhancement Options

33. Full X-Pel front protection, including nose, hood, fenders, mirrors. Additionally, black wire mesh protection for the three front-mounted radiators. These are easily removed to get at the fine debris that manages to get behind the wire mesh.
34. Four-year Unlimited Mileage Wheel and Tire Damage Protection. Zero Deductible. If you get a flat tire, or just a nail with no flat, you will get a brand new tire, mounted and balanced for zero cost to you. I have never damaged a wheel, but the Porsche dealer would make the decision as to repair or replacement, not the insurance provider.
35. Four Brand New Pirelli P-Zero (N1) tires. These are the new N1, not the older type N0. Less than 100 miles on these tires, installed at the end of July, 2017.
36. DSC PASM Suspension Module configured and installed. Original PASM in box.
37. TPC Racing Adjustable Front and Rear Stabilizer (anti-sway) Bars. Upgraded drop links and heim joints, from items supplied in kit, to far more robust Pegasus. Bars have four positions each. Currently set to spec recommended by TPC. Original bars included.
38. Four-wheel alignment after installation of #37, front to neg. 1.17 deg., rear w/i 0.5 deg per recommendation of Porsche Motorsport for 991 set-up.
39. DSC PASM Module: It is possible for the end user (owner of the car) to make any changes wanted to the responses of the suspension by utilizing the software tools DSC makes available on-line. If that sounds like an impending nightmare, you can stay with the pre-programmed settings for the 991.1 GTS coupe. Probably the best option for most of us would be to have DSC or TPC recommend and then make any changes you think you would prefer. I have left everything the way DSC originally programmed it for now.
a. I have driven about 3,000+ miles with the DSC/TPC set-up and the new alignment settings. I’m a little surprised that there has been no uneven tire wear at all.
b. What I have noticed: The car feels much more alive and responsive to steering input. Turn-in feels instantaneous with much greater feedback through my fingers as to what is actually happening between the tires and the road surface. No, it’s not the same as an unassisted rack in an early 911, but it is so much better now; it talks, and you can “listen” through your fingers as well as your butt. Add really incredible stability and precise placement to the mix and you will sense this car in ways you thought were not possible in a modern 911.
c. What I cannot quite explain or fully understand is why, with this suspension set-up, it is so stable and tracks so well in a straight line at every speed. It may be down to the limited adjustment available in the Factory GTS suspension. More likely is that the people at DSC and TPC know a lot more than I do.
40. Fabspeed X-Pipe Exhaust installed, replacing the OEM Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE). Original PSE included. Operates the same as PSE with the button on the console. Very quiet in Normal mode, but the sound is far more pleasant. It is a bit louder in Sport mode, but it’s voice has more authority (at least in my opinion). Something I’ve noticed is that with the sunroof cracked open at the back you can hear the exhaust sounds much better. Close it and everything becomes very quiet again at normal engine speeds. I did the installation myself without difficulty, and going back to PSE would be the same.
41. Cobb Tuning Access Port (AP). Currently set to v 1.01 Stage 1 93 Octane fuel. Fabspeed’s Tuner has performed a Professional Tune based upon multiple run logs of the car with the Cobb AP, Fabspeed X-Pipe exhaust, as well as the installed BMC air filters upgrade from OEM. I have not yet had the chance to load the Pro Tune maps in the Cobb AP to then install in the car. I plan to do this within the next several days. I have used only Tier 1 Fuels in this car for road driving, with the addition of Octane Boost fuel additive with hotter ambient temperatures for circuit driving. There is a map on my Cobb AP for using 100 Octane fuel, but I have not felt the need to go there. At least not yet.
42. I had been considering having KW Automotive adjustable coilovers installed to replace the original springs. It would permit the ride height to be adjusted down (just a little, so that hopefully some rear suspension components would not need to be changed). But, most of all, it would permit corner balancing the car. To be frank, I’m not at all sure that I am even capable of pushing this car anywhere near its limits, so maybe the springs should be left alone. I have not ordered these. The way this car handles corners now is superb, and is seemingly limited only by the tires.
43. As to track use and how this car performs: Given that the driver is the most significant component in a car’s performance, everything that follows is subjective. I believe that I am now at the stage where I am barely okay as a circuit driver (for DE only). The many systems in these modern Porsches cover up a lot of our mistakes. I think I’ve done only about eight PCA track days (not events) in this GTS, and only with the last two was everything in place on the car. In situations where driver talent is less determinative of outright pace, this GTS can easily stick with the 991.1 GT3. The best measurement I have of that is from the track-out after Turn 1 at Watkins Glen through Turn 2 and all the way up through the Esses onto the Back Straight and through the Bus Stop. After that, down through all the turns of The Boot, both GT3’s and GT4’s are definitely quicker. They were probably better drivers, but they also were on Cup 2’s as opposed to my P-Zeros. That was in 2016, with a lesser Cobb AP map and OEM stabilizer bars and OEM PASM. This past July I drove at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant for two days (my first time there, and with all the upgrades so far, in place). I went with the guys (and some women) from Rennsport Region in Canada. I just loved everyone and everything about being there. And, of course, that darn track is simply addictive. All I can say is that this GTS has come a long way, to the point where it feels so intuitive and so good to drive absolutely flat out, and then it goes and comfortably does the GT thing for the four hundred miles back home. It is unfortunately very easy to take a perfectly good stock GTS and ruin it with go-faster modifications. It might be that the KW coilovers would take the enjoyment out of road driving; I simply do not know.
44. The real unanswered question up to this point is why am I even considering selling the very best Porsche I have ever owned, and honestly, will never be able to own again. I certainly have sufficient income to maintain my choice of so-called lifestyle. But, my lifestyle is quite unlikely to be similar to most of yours. I consciously, and with a great deal of determination and unwillingness to give up, decided some years ago to live the last part of my life (assuming that getting to the drooling stage will slam the door on any real fun) pretty much driving Porsches like death is behind me and catching up. Before I made this decision, life was all reasonable compromises made by a reasonable man. Now I read and I drive, eat and sleep when I have to, and essentially care f..k-all about the rest. I gave up my youth to the war in Vietnam, which was bad enough, but the real problem was that I was never able to get back home. Many of us were physically or mentally destroyed, or both. We were just so glad to be alive that we didn’t have a clue as to what lay ahead. I’ve never been terribly bothered that we weren’t exactly welcomed home. What does bother me is what I had to do to have any chance to get my guys and me home. They should make old decrepit men like me fight wars, not young people who want to do good things with their lives. Anyway, the way I’ve managed to stay alive is that I am totally in love with driving 911s- actually just about any Porsche will do, but the 911 is my absolute favorite. I am going to keep my ’96 993 C2 coupe (which is also too valuable to track), but I do not have a choice about the 991 GTS. So Why? It’s about risk, pure and simple. I’ve been a member of USAA for nearly fifty years, with no significant damage claims ever. USAA policy language clearly used to cover DE non-timed events, which is how I felt comfortable buying a ’12 Cayman R, then selling that in 2015 for this GTS. Somehow, USAA failed to notify me at all about the change in my policy language. I get all notices electronically, so it was easy for them to check and acknowledge I had not been informed. I’ve never had any car damage on a track, but at that point in late 2016 I was aware of the change. That left me with the choice of risking a very expensive asset, or paying through the nose for specific track coverage. I simply have to find a much cheaper car to drive on tracks. I could partially insure the GTS, but that seems like a recipe for disaster. The GTS has enabled me to become a better driver (oh yes, with much help from all those wonderful nanny systems!), but that also means faster. The car was so fast at LCMT I was just about at maximum adrenalin production, which pretty much ejects reasoned analysis from my brain. Sooner or later, something will happen on a track, and I will not have enough talent to avoid a big shunt. I would not be able to walk away and get another track car if it happened in my GTS. By the way, there have been no spins or off-track excursions in this car. My mechanic and one PCA instructor have driven it briefly, with me in the passenger seat. No other drivers, ever. No “launches” ever, either.
45. Condition of the car: You may not believe me, but there is not a single dent or scratch on the entire car. Nor are there any nicks/road rash in the paint. There are a couple micro nicks in the Expel layer, which I believe can be eliminated. I plan to let the experts deal with that. Otherwise, this is as good as, maybe better than, new. The paint is perfect. The interior is almost a work of art. I take care of everything I own, and this is the most exquisite object I have ever had possession of in my life. Somehow, I possess it now, but I do not own it. That is beyond my simple capability. At least I can love and admire it. Most people would say that is superficial, and should be reserved for animate beings. Not so for many of us. Certainly not for me. A large part of me hopes that nobody will want to buy this car. I did win the Agent Orange trifecta, among all the other lovelies, but I know I am not lucky enough to be forced to keep this 911.
46. Included with sale: Precision Instruments Torque Wrench with breaker-bar extension, Torque Multiplier with 1” to ¾” socket reduction to fit CL Wheel Removal/Install Tool. Also aluminum CL Wheel Removal/Install Extension Tool which makes it much easier and safer to remove and re-install the wheels. Last is a tube of Porsche recommended Wurth Aluminum Paste.
47. 20,000 mile/2 year Service completed this summer. All new OEM brake pads and brake fluid flush/change included. I have completed five (5) engine oil and filter changes, starting at 2,000 miles. Porsche filter kit from Suncoast used, with Mobil 1 0w-40 Full Synthetic Oil. The other four (4) oil and filter changes each used the Suncoast filter kit and Mobil 1 5w-50 Full Synthetic Oil as per Porsche Approved Oils for 991. I have two Blackstone Labs reports which I will try to remember to list with this ad.
48. God love you if you have read this far. I can be reached by direct email at < kwikit356@gmail.com >. If we get to the email stage I will also provide my mobile # for voice/text.
49. Of course I have all the records, manuals, documentation for additions, and lots of notes. There has never been a single problem with this GTS: no rattles at all, thank goodness. It has simply been a perfect car. I really wanted to keep it until I was too old to drive. I do hope the next owner with have it for a long time. Any questions, please ask.

Norm Gile

Eastern Massachusetts
Old 09-12-2017, 04:43 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

I think I may have breached my limited tech abilities with my original 3-part listing, but I'll give this a shot. I apologize in advance if I have to edit all three in order to make the price change clear.

Whatever I know and feel about this particular car, for all of you guys it remains simply a 2015 991.1 GTS for sale in the marketplace. I have left it sitting in the garage because if I start driving it again I will gin up another fantasy about keeping it. I'd estimate that MSRP + the upgrades means an investment of about US$155,000 in what, for some people, should be just about a perfect GTS. I'm dropping the price by US$6k to the following, still including everything in the original listing here on Rennlist: New Price is: US$118,900.

Additional Photos::
Attached Images                          

Last edited by kwikit356; 09-17-2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Price Change: New Price: US$118,900.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:34 PM
teambell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your service Norm, God Bless and GLWS.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:30 PM
MattyDrive
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GLWS - that thing is beautiful
Old 09-13-2017, 12:02 PM
cweed
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

I saw this car at Palmer Motorsports Park last year and it is stunning in the flesh. Was the only car that day that really stood out. Spoke with Norm for a while and he is a fine guy. Sorry to see you selling it, a lot of thought went into the build, but wish you the best.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:34 PM
zx5go
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If this had entry and drive it would be my version of the perfect 991.

Norm, I cannot say enough about what your sacrifice to our country means.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:20 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Default '15 991.1 GTS Price Lowered to $118,900.

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 12700
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Sapphire Blue Metallic
VIN: WP0AB2A99FS125308
Price (no $ sign please): $118900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Last edited by kwikit356; 09-17-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Price Drop to $118,900.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:57 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Default '15 991.1 GTS: PRICE LOWERED to $118,900.

Thanks guys for your kind remarks and thoughts.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:07 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I hear this car calling the name of an SMU grad. Go Mustangs! Gorgeous
Old 10-05-2017, 09:16 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Default New Price: $116,000.

Bump for new price.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:08 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Default '15 GTS Sapphire Blue Met. Still Available at $116,000

Bump.

Still available, but if not gone soon I may just put it away and keep it. Getting it set for the coming winter. At least I can still look at it until the cover goes on. Plates are off, in storage status with insurance company, and hooked to trickle charger. Tires at 53 lbs psi, but I will adjust that when the weather gets really cold.

It just seems that some cars cannot wait to be gone from me, while others just find ways to not leave. My Cayman R practically sold itself and drove off before I'd had much chance to think about what I was doing. My mechanic opined that it felt I was not good enough for it. Not that I believe any of this stuff, but then...
Old 10-20-2017, 06:05 PM
brian0473
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stunning color combo! I absolutely love it and wish I was in the market.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Tlaloc75
Three Wheelin'

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

This is the best for sale listing I've ever read. It was a solid description of the car but also a story that gave me a sense of who you are as a person. I wish I could buy this car and keep the story going and I wish I could meet you in real life and have a couple of beers.

As it is I'll admire from a distance and wish you all the best.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:06 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 313 Posts

Wow! Beauty��Did not expect that interior��

Quick Reply: FS: 2015 991.1 GTS Coupe