Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Foxdecoy Status Seat sale gone Wrong

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 10:21 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,172 Likes on 3,936 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1600
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996
Location (Region): West
Item Condition: Used

Originally Posted by Foxdecoy
Im sorry that after two insurance claims out of over 50 transactions on this site alone in the past year makes it seem like "I'm doing something with insurance claims" I set the insured value higher than the purchase price so I can refund the buyer a larger amount than initially paid to help alleviate the headache that comes with a claim like this. Sadly big companies like FedEx and UPS do not necessarily make it easy for claims to be followed through with.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work. For used items you'll need to provide to UPS proof of the money received for the goods that were damaged (PayPal receipt), which is how they establish value, and they will process the claim for that amount plus the shipping cost.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Unfortunately, that doesn't work. For used items you'll need to provide to UPS proof of the money received for the goods that were damaged (PayPal receipt), which is how they establish value, and they will process the claim for that amount plus the shipping cost.

Goes to show ive obviously never dealt with a claim. I never denied to have packing material added to the box and I will go to ups today and get a written statement that I asked to have packing material added. I would prefer him going through PayPal for a claim. That's why I had to eat PayPal fees that btw he also refused to cover even though I asked during our agreement so I ate that charge as well. PayPal is there so we are both protected.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:37 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Foxdecoy

Goes to show ive obviously never dealt with a claim. I never denied to have packing material added to the box and I will go to ups today and get a written statement that I asked to have packing material added. I would prefer him going through PayPal for a claim. That's why I had to eat PayPal fees that btw he also refused to cover even though I asked during our agreement so I ate that charge as well. PayPal is there so we are both protected.
Absolutely. I give my buyers the choice - PayPal Friends and Family for the agreed upon cost or regular PayPal is fine too - buyer adds 4%. Even list those terms in my parts for sale ads. I'm well known enough here with my parts transactions that most just pay with F&F and save the 4% since they know I'll stand behind my items, how they're packed, and if there's a problem in shipping.

Last edited by Petza914; 12-16-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:46 AM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

See.... having trust issues, and being extremely vigilant in unknown transactions, is NOT paranoia. :-0
Note: "50 transactions a year"? So RL is your business?
Old 12-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Cabinetry is my business but I do get bored easy so I end up buying parts for my car and selling them shortly after lol!
Old 12-16-2017, 01:19 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If I were to ship the seats back to Decoy in the box they came it, with zero packaging material(as they came to me) I would be risking never seeing my money or a seat, He could quite easily say to paypal that the seats were damaged in return shipping, this is why I want to return them to Fedex ( who he shipped them with) once they are no longer in my possession, I do not see why Decoy would not feel comfortable Refunding me , unless he is playing some kind of insurance game/scam.
I have ner in my life of shipping or buying things online seen a guy who gets a box packaged by UPS, prints a shipping label through a different shipping Provider (Shipnex?) and then picks the box up from UPS and takes it over to Fedex to ship. its like he is loading the insurance bases for sure more chances at "winning"?

I would not even be making this posting if there was not something fishy going on, but everything this guy does and says is fishy, he strung me along for 4 days telling me the package had been shipped ant to wait till the the next day for the tracking # to "update" meanwhile the seats had not even been packaged up, and all he had done was bring a shipping label from a third party shipper website

still not sure why he won't refund me after I drop the seats off a fedex claims dept and provide him with proof that they are now in Fedex's hands. and not in mine.

I feel like if i file a paypal claim, I will have to pay for shipping and be liable for return damages .

I wish never dealt with this guy, , by the way, the only time he ever offered me a refund was days before He shipped the seats while he wanted to sell them to someone else. I am not sure How he was going to refund me, as He also mentioned to me that he gave the money to his parents right away , and did not have a credit card with a balance high enough to refund me $1600 , he also made mention that he is in a tight spot financially and that is why he is selling all this stuff on Renlist..

The guy has not given me the warm fuzzys from the beginning.

and clearly He is doing the same thing to others here on reenlist.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:39 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 238 Posts

Good luck with the FedEx claim... I had an issue a few years ago shipping a catalytic converter. I packed it myself and packed it well, or at least so i thought. When it arrived to the buyer it was dented, had obviously been dropped HARD. I tried to file a claim and was told adequate packing must be able to sustain a 6ft drop. My claim was denied as insuficent packing.

Not only did I eat the cost of the cat, but 3x shipping (shipping to him, shipping to FedEx claims, and FedEx back to me)
Old 12-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by coloradocayenne4
If I were to ship the seats back to Decoy in the box they came it, with zero packaging material(as they came to me) I would be risking never seeing my money or a seat, He could quite easily say to paypal that the seats were damaged in return shipping, this is why I want to return them to Fedex ( who he shipped them with) once they are no longer in my possession, I do not see why Decoy would not feel comfortable Refunding me , unless he is playing some kind of insurance game/scam.
I have ner in my life of shipping or buying things online seen a guy who gets a box packaged by UPS, prints a shipping label through a different shipping Provider (Shipnex?) and then picks the box up from UPS and takes it over to Fedex to ship. its like he is loading the insurance bases for sure more chances at "winning"?

I would not even be making this posting if there was not something fishy going on, but everything this guy does and says is fishy, he strung me along for 4 days telling me the package had been shipped ant to wait till the the next day for the tracking # to "update" meanwhile the seats had not even been packaged up, and all he had done was bring a shipping label from a third party shipper website

still not sure why he won't refund me after I drop the seats off a fedex claims dept and provide him with proof that they are now in Fedex's hands. and not in mine.

I feel like if i file a paypal claim, I will have to pay for shipping and be liable for return damages .

I wish never dealt with this guy, , by the way, the only time he ever offered me a refund was days before He shipped the seats while he wanted to sell them to someone else. I am not sure How he was going to refund me, as He also mentioned to me that he gave the money to his parents right away , and did not have a credit card with a balance high enough to refund me $1600 , he also made mention that he is in a tight spot financially and that is why he is selling all this stuff on Renlist..

The guy has not given me the warm fuzzys from the beginning.

and clearly He is doing the same thing to others here on reenlist.
If a claim was actually filed with the shipper, they should be contacting you about picking up the seats. That shouldn't be hard to check. Call FedEx with the tracking number and ask them if a claim has been filed on that shipment. If it has, ask them when they plan to pickup the merchandise and packaging for inspection?

Don't file the PayPal claim until you have documented proof (shipper pickup receipt) that supports you are no longer in possession of the seats.

PayPal claim needs to include pictures of the damaged seats, pictures of the box and packing materials (or lack thereof), a copy of the shipper reclaim pickup receipt, and a copy of the messages you've exchanged with the seller and then you should be good. Yes, it's a PIA, but that's the right process to resolve this.

The shipper can then work with the carrier on his claim and if they agree that it was packed where damage shouldn't have occurred, will send him the check for your payment amount plus shipping cost. Since packaging is completely out of the Buyer's control, the buyer's reimbursement shouldn't be held up due to shipping damage.

In my transactions, if there's damage, I refund the payment as soon as the buyer sends me a copy of the reclaim receipt, because after that, he's done his part, didn't get what he paid for and should be made whole again. The only exception to this is if a prearranged sharing of damage risk was established like for a common carrier or international shipment.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:52 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

I already told him if the FedEx claim does not go through than I and only I am the one that's out of luck. Moral of the damn story is do this the right way and file a paypal claim. PayPal will immediately withdraw the money from my account and then refund you. And they will make sure I get my seats back then I will deal with FedEx, ups and shipnex. I'm not scamming anyone you physcopath I'm simply trying to do this the correct way. I've never scammed anyone and my eBay account and PayPal account reflects that. I offered NUMEROUS TIMES TO REFUND YOU EVEN THE DAY OF ME SHIPPING THEM AFTER YOU KNEW I WAS BEHIND SCHEDULE. You said no everytime. File the PayPal claim. I do not have the time to sit here and play childish he said she said with you all day. File the claim like multiple rennlisters are telling you to. How is that so hard to understand.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

If I refund you PayPal specifically told me they can no longer protect the seller (me) and make sure that I get my seats back. FedEx could care less if I get my seats back.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:15 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

Waiting on FOXDECOY to provide FEDEX/SHIPNEX Claim number Before opening PAYPAL claim

has anyone else ever heard of or used shipnex?

I had once had to open a claim with fedex for some motorcycle parts I shipped , - they gave me the claim number right on the phone... something fishy going on Foxdecoy... I also called Spipnex and they said Fox decoy should have had the claim number by now.
still not sure what game he is playing.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Foxdecoy
Instructor

Ball is in your court. I screenshot the submitted claim to you yesterday at noon.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:28 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

Fox Decoy, is this the screenshot you sent me? that tells me exactly...nothing!!!! when I asked you why you had not called them , you told me you were to busy to make phone calls, why have you not followed up with them to get a claim number, I think I know the answer to this question... you don't actually care enough to get this stuff taken care of. I

this tells me everything I need to know about the claim you filed! not!
f this is the same level of customer service you use in your cabinetry business - good luck.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:30 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

it says right on the shipnex website that they are online , they also have a 1800 number, here is a noel idea - call them...
Old 12-16-2017, 02:31 PM
coloradocayenne4
Rennlist Member

the one you posted above was never sent to me, I only got this ambiguous screenshot above

Quick Reply: Foxdecoy Status Seat sale gone Wrong