Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 2009 911 GT2

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Augdog1964
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Year: 2009
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT2
Mileage (numbers only please): 15812
Color: Black
VIN: WP0AD29959S778088
Price (no $ sign please): $215997
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

crap, wrong color
Old 10-13-2019, 12:43 AM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin5236
That's exactly what the rev limiter does. It protects the engine when you're in say 3rd gear and accelerating. It stops you from damaging the engine if you go too high with the tachometer and you don't realize it.

BUT, if you shift into the wrong gear, say 2nd instead of 4th, you can overrev the engine and damage it.

Range 1 and Range 2 ignitions can show up on the DME scan when you hit the limiter and the tachometer bounces back down to the normal range. This is what you want to see. I won't buy a car with Range 3 or above ignitions based on my experience.

If you money shift the car, Range 3 and above can show ignitions (Range 4 and above is all you need to worry about). This is the whole premise of the overrev report in the first place: to see if the car was driven properly.

Some cars will vary, especially if they've had their ECU flashed, which can move the limit around, as Dr. Bill pointed out.

The DME scan is only one piece of the entire puzzle but it can tell you how the car was driven and give you a clearer look into the car's history.

If you do see Range 3 and above ignitions, it's generally accepted knowledge that once you hit the 50 hour mark after the overrevs took place, the engine should be fine as it hasn't failed up to that point. 100 hours past the ignitions is playing it super safe if you're worried.

A good example is if a Turbo was on a dealer lot and was taken for a test drive shortly after being delivered and was money shifted. This will show up as ignitions in higher ranges but the hours of operation will be somewhere around 25 or so (just an example). If this same car has had several owners, the overall hours of operation will show 1200 (another random number for our example). You have nothing to worry about because the engine has seen 1175 hours of use since the overrevs took place. This means if the engine was going to fail, it would have failed in the first 50 hours following the overrevs. You're now well past that 50 or 100 hour mark so you have nothing to worry about as far as catastrophic engine failure due to redlining.

This is how the overrev report should be used to understand what conditions and type of driving a specific car has seen. You can use this info to make your own judgement on whether or not the car is going to need a new engine.

Without a DME scan, you're taking a gamble on whether or not you're getting a car that's been abused.
I think of paramount importance is not if there is ignitions in 3,4,5 or 6 but rather the time in the range. Fractions of a second in this car, also this is based on turbo rev ranges much lower than the all motor gt3s
Old 10-20-2019, 02:43 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Great explanation. In summary, hope this is accurate: Shifts to electronic rev limiter won't trigger anything above range 2, therefore no big deal as it's not mechanical. Ranges 3 and above are mechanical in nature, forcing the engine above the limit. For range 3's and above, 50 hours after should be enough to feel comfortable.

Originally Posted by Kevin5236
That's exactly what the rev limiter does. It protects the engine when you're in say 3rd gear and accelerating. It stops you from damaging the engine if you go too high with the tachometer and you don't realize it.

BUT, if you shift into the wrong gear, say 2nd instead of 4th, you can overrev the engine and damage it.

Range 1 and Range 2 ignitions can show up on the DME scan when you hit the limiter and the tachometer bounces back down to the normal range. This is what you want to see. I won't buy a car with Range 3 or above ignitions based on my experience.

If you money shift the car, Range 3 and above can show ignitions (Range 4 and above is all you need to worry about). This is the whole premise of the overrev report in the first place: to see if the car was driven properly.

Some cars will vary, especially if they've had their ECU flashed, which can move the limit around, as Dr. Bill pointed out.

The DME scan is only one piece of the entire puzzle but it can tell you how the car was driven and give you a clearer look into the car's history.

If you do see Range 3 and above ignitions, it's generally accepted knowledge that once you hit the 50 hour mark after the overrevs took place, the engine should be fine as it hasn't failed up to that point. 100 hours past the ignitions is playing it super safe if you're worried.

A good example is if a Turbo was on a dealer lot and was taken for a test drive shortly after being delivered and was money shifted. This will show up as ignitions in higher ranges but the hours of operation will be somewhere around 25 or so (just an example). If this same car has had several owners, the overall hours of operation will show 1200 (another random number for our example). You have nothing to worry about because the engine has seen 1175 hours of use since the overrevs took place. This means if the engine was going to fail, it would have failed in the first 50 hours following the overrevs. You're now well past that 50 or 100 hour mark so you have nothing to worry about as far as catastrophic engine failure due to redlining.

This is how the overrev report should be used to understand what conditions and type of driving a specific car has seen. You can use this info to make your own judgement on whether or not the car is going to need a new engine.

Without a DME scan, you're taking a gamble on whether or not you're getting a car that's been abused.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:56 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

This car is still available and inviting reasonable offers.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:07 PM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 115 Posts

John, where have you been?? Welcome back.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:08 PM
RENN GTS
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 117 Posts

Beautiful car.

Free bump for a great guy / dealer.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:17 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

John,

Looks really great! Good luck with sale. Whoever gets it will be very happy. I just bought a 997.2 GT3RS from John. Very pleased with the car.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:19 AM
JCPerformance
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin GT
Very rare car. The 2009 GT2 with only 18 units sent to the US had the new technology , ( touch screen etc) of the 997.2 unlike the 2008 GT2.
Fantastic car.

What color is yours?
Old 01-01-2020, 11:58 AM
Austin GT
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black
Old 01-01-2020, 02:14 PM
JCPerformance
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black
Very cool! I'd love to see a 2009 GT2 color breakdown and find a white or silver one..
Old 01-15-2020, 07:35 PM
95BlackZ28
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

So is this a 997.1 or 997.2? I see it has the updated PCM, but not the updated LED taillights?
Old 01-16-2020, 11:00 AM
Austin GT
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good question. Do not know how to answer this. I would ask John Wright at Porsche North Houston or Doug at Switchcars. Doug now owns my car. They both are very knowledgeable about Porsche GT cars. I have heard Doug refer to this as a 997.1.5
Old 01-16-2020, 12:00 PM
vman932
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by 95BlackZ28
So is this a 997.1 or 997.2? I see it has the updated PCM, but not the updated LED taillights?
Good question. Do not know how to answer this. I would ask John Wright at Porsche North Houston or Doug at Switchcars. Doug now owns my car. They both are very knowledgeable about Porsche GT cars. I have heard Doug refer to this as a 997.1.5
Turbo cars (including GT2) received the updated PCM in 2009, but did not receive the updated headlights and taillights until 2010.
2009 Turbos are considered 997.1 with an updated PCM.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:59 AM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 649 Likes on 387 Posts

You can also tell it is not the newer version, beyond the applicable taillights etc... as it would be listed for an additional 200k. The 997.2 was only available as the GT2RS, and in limited number release. Epic cars in both versions.

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 2009 911 GT2