Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2007 RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 03:27 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default nope

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 35500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: orange
VIN: WPOAC29987S792566
Price (no $ sign please): $199000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

buy it,... such the deal all yours.

Your the one that is wrong.... unless you get off on seeing suckers get taken by 50K? Not me.....

Your sick of people commenting on crazy ask threads? I tell the knuckle heads defending such threads think of this..... would you want your dad or or your kid paying 50K too much for a car? I wouldn't want to see some sucker get taken just because he or she was fully armed for their car buying purchase with whats out there....

I have no patience NONE for such threads and those whom want to defend them suggesting the voices of reason should shut up? rather warn the poor sap your gettn taken for ride if you paid 199k for this car.... so I am a dick for that in your eyes so be it.

asking HIGH is fine, ask dumb and gonna get called out. Sorry.... been on this form a LONG time and never bash ask price but enough is enough...

Good day...

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
With all due respect you are wrong on this one. We teach our kids that if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. Why we forget this as adults is beyond me. Every time someone posts a classified every know it all jumps in tearing the seller down because he asks what they believe is too much. I say shut up and let the market dictate. I think it's time this forum stop allow people to comment on classified ads as is the case with most other forums.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:41 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
buy it,... such the deal all yours. Your the one that is wrong.... unless you get off on seeing suckers get taken by 50K? Not me..... Your sick of people commenting on crazy ask threads? I tell the knuckle heads defending such threads think of this..... would you want your dad or or your kid paying 50K too much for a car? I wouldn't want to see some sucker get taken just because he or she was fully armed for their car buying purchase with whats out there.... I have no patience NONE for such threads and those whom want to defend them suggesting the voices of reason should shut up? rather warn the poor sap your gettn taken for ride if you paid 199k for this car.... so I am a dick for that in your eyes so be it. asking HIGH is fine, ask dumb and gonna get called out. Sorry.... been on this form a LONG time and never bash ask price but enough is enough... Good day...
We'll agree to disagree. Happy Father's Day to all.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts

The ignorance on this and like threads on a PUBLIC FORUM (mind you) is incredible. As the OP, you are asking me to take a look at your vehicle for sale and not make a comment on it (positive or negative)? Do you know what it means to post in a PUBLIC FORUM? Honestly, I don't you and a fair amount of commenters and OP's have the slightest clue. Far be it from me to let this hilarity go unchecked.

My advice, go put an ad on Dupont, Hemmings, or Autotrader. I think you'll get much more out of lack of response via those mediums.

Its pathetic that one needs to be reminded about common sense.....
Old 06-21-2015, 07:49 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

I, as the OP, don't really have an opinion on your particular actions. You are your own person. I have no problem with anyone expressing an opinion, right up to the point of making themselves look foolish. Some comments are supportive, some informative, and others are downright harsh - no big deal. If you like the car, please inquire, if not, then don't. I am sorry, but I did not realize your membership as "User" awarded you the privilege of controlling my membership's content. Thanks for your advise, but gee, I'll pass. I realize this is a high price, but the cars can be uncommonly difficult to find and procure, and additionally I feel a car so outfitted, sorted, maintained, and cared for to be worth the price. Don't like it, thanks for looking. Comment if you like before you go.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:16 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
The ignorance on this and like threads on a PUBLIC FORUM (mind you) is incredible. As the OP, you are asking me to take a look at your vehicle for sale and not make a comment on it (positive or negative)? Do you know what it means to post in a PUBLIC FORUM? Honestly, I don't you and a fair amount of commenters and OP's have the slightest clue. Far be it from me to let this hilarity go unchecked.

My advice, go put an ad on Dupont, Hemmings, or Autotrader. I think you'll get much more out of lack of response via those mediums.

Its pathetic that one needs to be reminded about common sense.....
I, for one, am excited that someone elected you the arbiter of common sense and hilarity. We're very fortunate to have you and others here express their market expertise and educate the public on car values with your degree in automotive appraisal.

I've just elected myself the arbiter of forum etiquette here on RL and you sir don't have any. If you don't like the price, then move along to the next ad. I'll tell you what, I wouldn't rely on anyone's opinion, including yours, because, I would do my own market research just like everyone else. We really don't need your common sense. We're all bright people here, who when buying rare and collectible cars, will figure it all out by ourselves. The OP didn't solicit opinions on value when he listed the car for sale.

OP, next time just list on pca.org or Pelican, and avoid unnecessary and illegitimate opinions on value.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:11 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Really?

If your 80 year old dad called you and said "son I finally did it, I bought a porsche like I have always wanted" .... "It's a 07 gt3rs with near 40k miles and seller told me it was a great price. I paid 202k including shipping".

This is ok? Because someone didn't spend a few weeks educating themselves on the market they should get raped for an exta 50k. High is ok but trolling for a sucker I have NO patience for. And yes agree to disagree. If u take some private buyer (wether they are rich and u thinks that's ok) for 200k for your car you can be certain that person is not an educated buyer. I would NOT do that to anyONE .......EVER...... Yes OP should do us all a favor and go troll for a sucker some place you have a better shot like eBay. Pelican people won't be able to post per forum rules but they will be saying the same thing..... Wtf
Good day....

Ask 169, 179 even go hog wild and ask 189. But at some point when does it stop? Ask something that's out of wack to a forum of smart buyers and sorry get what u get.

I totally agree with respecting posts. But same respect needs to be given or deal with the feedback..... This maybe the first one I have called out, ever. Just again enough is enough.....

Originally Posted by RodKnock
I, for one, am excited that someone elected you the arbiter of common sense and hilarity. We're very fortunate to have you and others here express their market expertise and educate the public on car values with your degree in automotive appraisal.

I've just elected myself the arbiter of forum etiquette here on RL and you sir don't have any. If you don't like the price, then move along to the next ad. I'll tell you what, I wouldn't rely on anyone's opinion, including yours, because, I would do my own market research just like everyone else. We really don't need your common sense. We're all bright people here, who when buying rare and collectible cars, will figure it all out by ourselves. The OP didn't solicit opinions on value when he listed the car for sale.

OP, next time just list on pca.org or Pelican, and avoid unnecessary and illegitimate opinions on value.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:34 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Lets be real here for a moment...I don't think there are too many suckers looking for cars here; let alone an RS. Like yourself mickfluff, I highly doubt any one even the dumbest of dumb would lay down 200k on without doing their home work. Particularly anyone looking on RL. Most of us are serious about our cars and collections. IMO, your comments are not are meant to protect some lost puppy from the big bad wolf. Its nothing more than jab at someone for the sake of taking it. I dont know maybe you were a bully or bullied as child; either way it seems like you are over compensating for something. At least that's what it comes across like. Anyway, we can debate this for days on end. This is classified and should simply treated as such. Don't like the price don't buy the car but all the negativity directed at someone posting his car for sale to well educated audience is a bit much. I'm sure you will respond with some more banter and perhaps insults. But before you do, pause and think about what some of us are saying here. Anyhow good day and good night. Back to the grind tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:20 AM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mickfluff
If your 80 year old dad called you and said "son I finally did it, I bought a porsche like I have always wanted" .... "It's a 07 gt3rs with near 40k miles and seller told me it was a great price. I paid 202k including shipping".

This is ok? Because someone didn't spend a few weeks educating themselves on the market they should get raped for an exta 50k. High is ok but trolling for a sucker I have NO patience for. And yes agree to disagree. If u take some private buyer (wether they are rich and u thinks that's ok) for 200k for your car you can be certain that person is not an educated buyer. I would NOT do that to anyONE .......EVER...... Yes OP should do us all a favor and go troll for a sucker some place you have a better shot like eBay. Pelican people won't be able to post per forum rules but they will be saying the same thing..... Wtf
Good day....

Ask 169, 179 even go hog wild and ask 189. But at some point when does it stop? Ask something that's out of wack to a forum of smart buyers and sorry get what u get.

I totally agree with respecting posts. But same respect needs to be given or deal with the feedback..... This maybe the first one I have called out, ever. Just again enough is enough.....
Thank goodness you and the others are here to protect the unsuspecting elderly member folk here on RennList from buying and overpaying (in your expert opinion) expensive Porsche race cars.

Instead of protecting the 80-year old Porsche-enthusiast population from draining their retirement nest eggs, how about the following suggestion. Make a financial donation to AARP to advance legislation to help regulate and upgrade the elderly care in homes for the aged. Alternatively, maybe help increase the cash prizes at the local Bingo parlor.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:49 AM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Old 06-22-2015, 09:33 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Oh Boy....

OK, seems like you can't seem to grasp the scenerio with the older buyer maybe not fully in tune with the market willing to shell out 200K for a car cause it has an autograph on the glovey .... so will not further confuse you with a scenerio of a younger buyer (again less up to speed on market or sold on what ever seller chooses to tell the buyer) paying 200K for this car as fear with only further confuse you....

BIG AL, I can promise you no bully here and nada happened to me as a kid but thanks..... I can tell you this, I do not get off on seeing anyone get taken for 50K ride period even if I have no personal connection to them or even a limited connection like maybe they are a new RL memner or other....That is NOT to say I am against anyone getting max or above max on the sale of any item withen reason. Seems like yourself and a few others think its all about the seller getting as much as he/she can at all costs and if the seller can clean house and take from whom ever it is OK? All olbigation only on the buyer to be fully armed with all thats needed to know what a grossly over asking price is or is not and not an ounce on seller?

I have had succes in life and business because I would NEVER grossly over take (or and marginally over take) take from someone just because they were willing to part with their money. The mentality of hey "screw them, if they are willing to pay and they are a moron then I should cash in" You seem to believe is fair... and as a seller no one needs have any morals/obligations/other and only goal should be to get max $....

Who is going to pay asking $ for this car of near 200K? You tell me? If it does sell for that (it could, OP thinks so as its his ask) and someone does cough up the sheckles do you think they were treated fairly. Anyone with a clue would know they paid WAYYYYYY to much especially the seller. If It were my dad or my son or a friend I would be bull****.... even if it was someone I didn't know yes I would actually feel a bit bad for that buyer knowing they got rolled.....If you have sold a Porsche or other higher end car (or almost any car for that matter) you know calls come from all spectrums, older, younger, the astute buyer reciting every last sale of a similar car in past 3 months to the over zealous who saw the car and just eager to have it! People like yourself with a mentaility believing a seller has ZERO obligation to have some standards is pathetic. Last and final time, a high ask is Ok, but once it crosses into clearly looking for a sucker will call BS. As a Rennlist guy I don't feel like a bully HOPING another member (or anyone for that matter) does NOT cough up 200K for this car.... sounds like you and sadly others would sprinkle each other with fary dust, hold hands and sing the gt3rs song celebrating a new gold standard high price sold for a car they also own Think about it... this ask price is bogess.

Rodnock and BIG AL this also your selling buddy? Looks like another far ask....
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...targa-gts.html

Yes back to the grind is right..... we disagree, moving on.

Have a good week all.....

Last edited by mickfluff; 06-22-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:10 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts
Default 2007 RS

I'd argue that all the people paying over 150 for any of these RS cars are suckers, but all of it is willing buyers and sellers that's what makes a market - ask whatever you want

And anyone who shells out 200k on a car without themselves or someone working on there behalf doing diligence should be parted with that money anyway
Old 06-22-2015, 11:18 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Thank goodness you and the others are here to protect the unsuspecting elderly member folk here on RennList from buying and overpaying (in your expert opinion) expensive Porsche race cars.

Instead of protecting the 80-year old Porsche-enthusiast population from draining their retirement nest eggs, how about the following suggestion. Make a financial donation to AARP to advance legislation to help regulate and upgrade the elderly care in homes for the aged. Alternatively, maybe help increase the cash prizes at the local Bingo parlor.
I couldn't have said it better myself. If you're so stupid that you want to overpay 50k for a car that's your own problem. Lots of people here with Jesus complex in the classifieds sections...
Old 06-22-2015, 01:43 PM
RugRunner
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2015, 01:52 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Lots of people here with Jesus complex in the classifieds sections...
I'm not sure if Jesus is the proper comparison, but their motivation is certainly not to protect others from possibly paying too much for car that only maybe only 1% of Americans can even afford, assuming they were searching for a rare and collectible car in a premium color like the OP's.

Unfortunately, any 997.1 RS is out of my financial league, but who's the audience for those folks who offer an opinion of value to help save others from potential financial calamity? The ignorant, the naive, the fools, the dealers, the flippers, RL members like me who like to look at pretty pictures of beautiful 911's? Seriously, how many buyers are out there, with the financial resources to buy any 997.1 RS, AND don't know how to research market value AND listen to the advice of other forum users? That's got to be an extremely small audience. I'm thinking they're preaching to an audience of none.

So, why do people feel they have to voice THEIR opinion of value in another member's car ad? Essentially crapping on someone else's ad. Simply put, it's to massage one's EGO. They feel better about themselves, if they can show others how smart they might be. Protecting others? Puh-leeze. If you really want to help others, then send money to good charity that benefits the less fortunate, if you truly want to help others.

I believe in Karma, good and bad. Hopefully, the members and users who comment on a car's market value in another member's ad get the same treatment when they go to sell their car here on RL. Of course, I'm sure they won't attempt to maximize they're bank account when pricing their car for sale, so un-American.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:34 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Karma?

Is this a joke. Your this karma guy but would be happy to see someone get ripped off by 50k?

jeez.... hate to see how you would operate if you did not believe in Karma

Some sellers troll and make a living of going after that "small audience" you speak of. It is not as small as you think. Not everyone has the time to research things to no end (like many her including myself and likely yourself) etc and many people (yes even those with money) are to trusting in people. Has nada to do with being Jesus (thats a little much no, I mean God? we are talking about a over priced car here) and more about sellers having some small amount of scrubles. I know plenty of people, good people, exotic car enthusiasts and owners that would never take advantage of a buyer even if they came with a dump truck of money. Those people believe in karma young man.... The American dream is not finding the sucker buyer for your for over inflated for sale items.... sorry we simply disagree....

I'm not sure if Jesus is the proper comparison, but their motivation is certainly not to protect others from possibly paying too much for car that only maybe only 1% of Americans can even afford, assuming they were searching for a rare and collectible car in a premium color like the OP's.

Unfortunately, any 997.1 RS is out of my financial league, but who's the audience for those folks who offer an opinion of value to help save others from potential financial calamity? The ignorant, the naive, the fools, the dealers, the flippers, RL members like me who like to look at pretty pictures of beautiful 911's? Seriously, how many buyers are out there, with the financial resources to buy any 997.1 RS, AND don't know how to research market value AND listen to the advice of other forum users? That's got to be an extremely small audience. I'm thinking they're preaching to an audience of none.

So, why do people feel they have to voice THEIR opinion of value in another member's car ad? Essentially crapping on someone else's ad. Simply put, it's to massage one's EGO. They feel better about themselves, if they can show others how smart they might be. Protecting others? Puh-leeze. If you really want to help others, then send money to good charity that benefits the less fortunate, if you truly want to help others.

I believe in Karma, good and bad. Hopefully, the members and users who comment on a car's market value in another member's ad get the same treatment when they go to sell their car here on RL. Of course, I'm sure they won't attempt to maximize they're bank account when pricing their car for sale, so un-American.

Last edited by mickfluff; 06-22-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Quick Reply: 2007 RS