Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2006 Cayman S Sapphire Blue Metallic Custom Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 06:28 PM
nafzal80
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sold: 2006 Cayman S Sapphire Blue Metallic Custom Paint

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayman S
Mileage (numbers only please): 67500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Sapphire Blue Metallic
VIN: WP0AB29846U783523
Price (no $ sign please): $22500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I am selling this as we are expecting a baby (growing family)
Car has not been tracked although it has been prepped for light track fun which I was planning to do this summer. It has been maintained at an independant Porsche enthusiast service / mechanic shops. Primarily garaged kept. A clean Carfax report is available

Exterior:
Car exterior is in mint condition, it was painted the Porsche Sapphire Blue Metallic color in summer of 2016 by a Porsche certified collision shop. The Ultimate Paint Shop in Chicagoland area painted the vehicle. The paint work comes with a lifetime warranty. Car was painted due to paint damage caused by a detailer (the car has not been a collision or accident or has had major body damage), I chose to paint it a unique Porsche color instead of keeping it the original Midnight blue metallic color. It truly is an amazing paint job.
Original 18" Cayman S wheels with Bridgestone Summer tires (90% tread remaining)
An aerokit rear wing, front spoiler, clear signal lights were installed during the paint work
LED Spars with Radiator Guards installed
Original wing, front spoiler and foglights will be provided (they have also been painted)

Interior:
Sea Blue interior with silver interior accents, silver accent steering wheel with multi function control PCM Radio with Navigation

Maintenance:
Water pump replaced with OEM replacement part
Ignition coil and spark plugs replaced recently
Original Porsche rear rotors installed recently
Giro Disc front rotor set installed recently
No IMS bearing issues

Performance Upgrades:
Numeric short shifter installed recently
Bilstein PSS9 suspension installed recently
Brake Master Cylinder Upgrade installed recently
Bridgestone Potenza RE11 tires (90% of tread remaining), Discount Tire road hazard warranty is available for the 4 tires
Giro disc front rotor kit installed recently
Track preferred pagid pads available (pagid pads have not been used)

Several photos of the vehicle after the detail (before being painted are available on a Google Drive folder). Please PM for additional info if you are interested in the car. Happy to share details on the story as well.
Attached Images           

Last edited by nafzal80; 05-24-2017 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 04-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

I would like to hear how the detailer damaged your car if you care to post about it.

Nice car and yes the color is outrageous.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:25 PM
nafzal80
Rennlist Member

Sure happy to disclose what the detailer did.

I always do my homework before handing my cars over to any detailer. They assured me my car would be in good hands, we went over the process and the materials they would use. I guess the lesson learned here is to chat with the specific detail servicer that will be working on the vehicle before handing over a vehicle and not assume that a specific employee (whom I met, would be working on the car).

If you live in the Southwest Michigan, DO NOT take your car to Carsmetology. They have a terrible reputation with car enthusiast and with the dealership network here (somehow they penetrated the dealer network although dealership employees dispise their work).

The employees owned up to the damage but the owner would not. I hired lawyer to handle this matter and had the detail shop pay 70% of the cost for the repaint. Total cost was $10k for the paint job (color change cost me an additional $2k).

Detailer applied touch-up paint to pretty much to every spot (literally polka dots) on every panel of the vehicle, they used detailing tools unprofessionally and essentially "burnt" through the factory paint in several spots and also left hairline scratches as well. They had the car for 2.5 days and were trying to hide the mess up by trying to fix it. The manager on duty owned up to the damage and recommended I contact the owner. He was frustrated that he was shorthanded and while on his day off the owner had a junior new detailer work on vehicle instead.

Anyway, car looks great now and is in great condition inside and out.

Now there is one minor ding (no real paint damage) on the right quarter panel which I discovered today . I am sure this can easily repaired repaired by a dent repair shop.

This is a tough sell for me. Family comes first, I have made a decision to sell and purchase an SUV.

I have been meticulous on maintenance, the person who purchases this vehicle will be happy.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:28 PM
nafzal80
Rennlist Member

Sure happy to disclose what the detailer did.

I always do my homework before handing my cars over to any detailer. They assured me my car would be in good hands, we went over the process and the materials they would use. I guess the lesson learned here is to chat with the specific detail servicer that will be working on the vehicle before handing over a vehicle and not assume that a specific employee (whom I met, would be working on the car).

If you live in the Southwest Michigan, DO NOT take your car to Carsmetology. They have a terrible reputation with car enthusiast and with the dealership network here (somehow they penetrated the dealer network although dealership employees dispise their work).

The employees owned up to the damage but the owner would not. I hired lawyer to handle this matter and had the detail shop pay 70% of the cost for the repaint. Total cost was $10k for the paint job (color change cost me an additional $2k).

Detailer applied touch-up paint to pretty much to every spot (literally polka dots) on every panel of the vehicle, they used detailing tools unprofessionally and essentially "burnt" through the factory paint in several spots and also left hairline scratches as well. They had the car for 2.5 days and were trying to hide the mess up by trying to fix it. The manager on duty owned up to the damage and recommended I contact the owner. He was frustrated that he was shorthanded and while on his day off the owner had a junior new detailer work on vehicle instead.

Now there is one minor ding (no real paint damage) on the right quarter panel which I discovered today . I am sure this can easily repaired repaired by a dent repair shop.

This is a tough sell for me. Family comes first, I have made a decision to sell and purchase an SUV.

I have been meticulous on maintenance, the person who purchases this vehicle will be happy.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:20 AM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks nice...Sapphire Blue is one of my favorite Cayman colors.

I am interested, but am leary of the respray to be honest. I see that the door jams were painted, but what about other areas...engine bay, behind the seat carpet, etc? Although, I know those aren't typically seen, a change in color will hurt resale value in the future IMO regardless of how the car looks on the outside. it is like having a minor fender bender...can't be seen, but will always have to be explained.

Not trying to be an ***, but I keep looking at this car and wondering about the circumstance for a respray of the entire car. I would also like to hear about the damage done by the detailer....pictures of the damage if possible.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 291 Posts

All good questions but the price reflect ls this doesn't it?
Old 04-05-2017, 11:30 PM
996SPECticle
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Id like a good horror story as well.
A real buyer would have beached about a respray with their offer and same color or not. It might show in the price but sans comments about price... I miss price comments.
...anyway. so kudos for a great color choice and any price or story wouldnt scare me as long as they are true.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:03 AM
nafzal80
Rennlist Member

I don't know what the issue is. I wrote a long passage about the repaint story twice yesterday (which is when I posted this ad). Twice the response was "your post first needs to be reviewed by an admin", I have messaged the Rennlist admins twice and still have not seen the message post. Not sure what the issue is.

I have PM'd to a couple of folks with the story. I will try posting the story again...
Old 04-06-2017, 12:07 AM
nafzal80
Rennlist Member

I always do my homework before handing my cars over to any detailer. They assured me my car would be in good hands, we went over the process and the materials they would use. I guess the lesson learned here is to chat with the specific detail servicer that will be working on the vehicle before handing over a vehicle and not assume that a specific employee (whom I met the day before) would be working on the car.

If you live in Southeast Michigan, DO NOT take your car to Carsmetology. They have a terrible reputation with car enthusiast and with the dealership network here (somehow they penetrated the dealer network although dealership employees hate their work). They were relatively new when I took my car in and the reviews were pretty good at the time.

The employees owned up to the damage but the owner would not. I hired lawyer to handle the matter. The business paid 70% of the cost for the repaint. Total cost was $10k for the paint job (color change cost me an additional $2k). The legal battle last 10 months and I found a wonderful body shop (The Ultimate Paint Shop in Chicagoland) that was willing to store my vehicle until I won the case.

Detailer applied touch-up paint to pretty much to every spot (literally polka dots) on every panel of the vehicle, they used detailing tools unprofessionally and "burnt" through the factory paint on certain panels, left hairline scratches in others. They had the car for 2.5 days and were trying to hide the mess up by trying to fix it. The manager on duty owned up to the damage and recommended I contact the owner. The manager was frustrated, the owner was busy opening up 2 other locations and left this location shorthanded. A new hire inexperienced detailer work on my car instead.

Several photos of the vehicle after the detail (before being painted are available on a Google Drive folder). Please PM for additional info if you are interested in the car.

Last edited by nafzal80; 04-06-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:50 AM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 112 Posts

dope color for sure
Old 04-09-2017, 10:22 PM
nafzal80
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 04-20-2017, 01:21 PM
nafzal80