Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Volvo 1800es 1973

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 05:46 PM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Volvo 1800es 1973

Year: 1973
Make: Volvo
Model: 1800
Mileage (numbers only please): 48000
Color: Orange
VIN: 1836363005064
Price (no $ sign please): $8500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

Gauging interest this 1973 Volvo 1800es.

It's my father's car. He's moving to Northern California and has no time or desire to work on the car and / or move it across the country to California. I'm still gathering information on it from him and will update as I receive it. It's located in Southern Indiana, were he lives.

1973 Volvo 1800es:

42,543 on the odometer, but he just replaced the original which was over 48K. So it's 48k total. He still has the original odometer.

The car runs, was just serviced, but has sat a lot in his garage and shows some signs of neglect, mostly in the interior. So it is in need of restoration. This would be a project. Most of the issues seem to be cosmetic and electrical. Anyone handy with a wrench would have no problem sorting this out, he doesn't not do his own work, which is why the car is in it's state.

It's has the sport exhaust upgrade and he still also has the original.

Engine: B20/F, 1986 cc
Tranny: 3 speed Borg-Warner 35 auto
A/C: upgraded to a Volvo non - fluorocarbon unit. I currently do know know if it functions.
Radio: Alpine cassette player. (no longer powers on)

Driverside door will not open from the outside. I'm sure the door just needs to be taken apart and went over. Something he has no interest in doing.

He mentioned some of the instruments work off and on. My guess is the harness needs to be gone threw.

Pictures:

Has some damage to the rear - left:

I'm gonna get some shots of the interior, the ones he sent me are to blurry for me to post.

Asking $10,000 OBO.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions if you have any interest or if know anything about there cars that you think I should mention. It's a pretty unique car and get's a lot of head turns when you drive it.

I do know not many were made. A total of 8000 from 72 to 73.

I kinda wish he'd keep it and restore it himself. If I had time and room to restore it would be in my garage right now, but I'm already in the middle of a 964 project.

Really would be a cool car to have were he's moving, Sonoma CA. But, he wants it gone and it's his car so she must go.

Last edited by DobermanDad; 05-20-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Volvo 1800es 1973