Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Turbo Technical Discussion Areas > 997 Turbo Forum
Reload this Page >

Am I the only 2012 Turbo S owner that dreads scraping the front bumper everywhere?

Notices

Am I the only 2012 Turbo S owner that dreads scraping the front bumper everywhere?

Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM
TBarrow
User

I am glad that mine is not painted for that reason. I purchased the Aero Lip on Ebay for $100 and keep an extra one in the garage at all times. I have only replaced it once but it was scraped when I bought it. I go slow and angled and my scrapes are minimal. In Houston I would not want to drive one that is lowered and enjoy the stock ride height.
Old Today, 12:44 AM
Goldstar
User

Canĺt avoid scraping every morning when entering underground garage at the office. My heart sinks every time. Not only scrapes, but also drags for about 3 seconds. I shave the bottom of the lip down periodically when it starts to Frey. The lip is a consumable and my car sits pretty low. But I do like the stance. After 7 years I just accept it.
Old Today, 10:01 AM
digit3
User

Hey now,

I think that we're all in the same boat! I just drive mine until it gets fugly and then replace. Like you, I can't imagine lowering it any further.

BTW, I'm in an 997.2 TTS and am a huge Deadhead

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: