Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

F.S. White 993 Cup 1997

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 01:35 AM
Jas0nn
Pro

Received 308 Likes on 149 Posts

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 10000
Color: White
VIN: 11111
Price (no $ sign please): $28000000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

Amazing car, owned by a great guy - someone will be very lucky to have this in their stable!
The following users liked this post:
1970six (05-11-2020)
Old 01-23-2017, 01:50 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jford
I know this car.

Some years back I decided to track my newly acquired 993 but having spent too much time on RL, and being pointed to and then pushed down the slippery slope, decided to first trailer my car to Chicago to swap euro tranny for US version with a Rennlister. While in there I had a LW flywheel and clutch done. This was my first time trailering a car and I brought my brother along who was buying, site unseen, a 951 race car from another Chicago area guy. We left Jersey in the morning, got to Chicago late, did the deal in the morning, took a 10 minute test drive of the updated 993 and new to my brother 951 and crashed at the Rennlister's home.

Got up early the next day and headed directly to Summit Point for our first PCA DE, me trailering the 993 and my brother driving behind in the race car for the 13 hours drive. Ouch!

We pulled into the parking lot of the Towne House motor lodge in Charles Town at about 2am with the DE slated for the next morning. As we arrived I was in awe over the Pcars in the lot but one stood out.

I didn't know what a Cup Car was but this one, now listed for sale, sitting on a trailer was bad **s! Being a huge Grateful Dead fan the livery was just as awe inspiring as the car itself. I was determined to meet the owner in the paddock the next day.

Woke up, made our way to Summit Point, nervous, excited, etc. Registered and went to look for my instructor. Wouldn't you know it.....they guy with the 993 Cup Car from the parking lot!

Had a great two days, made a friend, ok a lot of friends, talked some music, got loads of track time....it was after all Schattenbaum who was running the DE, and learned how to make my way around a track a bit.

The highlight came when my instructor gave me a hot lap ride in the Cup car which, at the time, had a passenger seat. I will NEVER forget the sound, oh the sound. Having never been in a Cup Car or any car w/o carpeting and sound insulation it just blew my mind. You could hear everything, it was so mechanical (only way I can think to describe it). Of course the car was blazingly fast and handled as if on rails while stopping on a dime.

The instructor and I became friends, I eventually became and instructor and I got to see this car regularly for 5 years.

It wasn't til a few years after this initial DE that it came to light that this was the instructor's first time out with the, new to him, car and that I was his first ever student.

Sorry for the long story, just brought back some fantastic memories.

great story
The following users liked this post:
1970six (05-11-2020)

Quick Reply: F.S. White 993 Cup 1997